RIP Princess Leia. And now her dear mother, Debbie Reynolds.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
And now Debbie Reynolds. RIP. :cry:

I have it on good account from my mother, who lost her only son to cancer last year, that there's nothing worse than losing a child.

My mom, who is 2 years younger than Debbie Reynolds, had a year to come to grips with it and she's a wreck. Poor Debbie suffered an unexpected loss, so although I'm very very very sad to hear of her passing (the shock likely caused it), I'm not really surprised.

Sorry if that sounds callous. The odd thing is that although I have no children myself I am very sympathetic to the enormity of losing a child.

Sam Magic

Yep! Debbie was my favorite part of the movies.
Same.
This whole 2016 grim reaper thing is getting ridiculous. January 1 is just a marker. Can we not mourn people as they pass? Blaming the year is doing their lives a disservice. RIP Carrie Fisher and now her mother Debbie Reynolds. :cry:
It's not that we are blaming the year, we are just recognizing that within the past year a lot of pain, heartbreak, loss, and intense aggravation has been experienced. On personal levels, national levels, and international levels.

JohnD

I have it on good account from my mother, who lost her only son to cancer last year, that there's nothing worse than losing a child.

My mom, who is 2 years younger than Debbie Reynolds, had a year to come to grips with it and she's a wreck. Poor Debbie suffered an unexpected loss, so although I'm very very very sad to hear of her passing (the shock likely caused it), I'm not really surprised.

Sorry if that sounds callous. The odd thing is that although I have no children myself I am very sympathetic to the enormity of losing a child.

Yeah, being in her 80s, her body probably just couldn't handle the physical symptoms of the shock. Sad.

Sam Magic

Well, there have been many other deaths than celebrities. Allepo, being just one of many examples, comes to mind.
That's what I'm referring to. Allepo, the floods in the American south (including my hometown), the Orlando shooting, the plane crashes, the terrorist attacks, etc. It's been a long an rough year for almost every citizen on this planet.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Have to add that my heart goes out to Carrie's daughter who now has to bury both her mother and her grandmother.

Tragic.

And Billie modeled her character on Scream Queens has a homage to her mother's Leia fame. I cannot imagine what she is going through.

mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:72260

947c9d5ba8a6f8709e7b5cced43b5d35.jpg

mf1972

This whole 2016 grim reaper thing is getting ridiculous. January 1 is just a marker. Can we not mourn people as they pass? Blaming the year is doing their lives a disservice. RIP Carrie Fisher and now her mother Debbie Reynolds. :cry:
very good point. my apologies. was just shocked to hear the news.

Californian Elitist

I happen to work at the hospital Reynolds passed in... I saw lots of news station vans surrounding the hospital today while running an errand and didn't know why they had been there. Now it all makes sense.

God bless the entire family, friends, and fans. May He grant them peace, understanding, and strength.

Rest, now, Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds, and every single other person who lost their lives this year.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
I happen to work at the hospital Reynolds passed in... I saw lots of news station vans surrounding the hospital today while running an errand and didn't know why they had been there. Now it all makes sense.

God bless the entire family, friends, and fans. May He grant them peace, understanding, and strength.

Rest, now, Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds, and every single other person who lost their lives this year.
Very nicely said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom