RIP Mary Tyler Moore

Castle Cake Apologist

Original Poster
The beloved television icon (and one of my personal favorite actresses) has sadly passed at age 80. May she rest in peace.

“Today, beloved icon, Mary Tyler Moore, passed away at the age of 80 in the company of friends and her loving husband of over 33 years, Dr. S. Robert Levine,” her spokesperson Mara Buxbaum said in a statement. “A groundbreaking actress, producer, and passionate advocate for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Mary will be remembered as a fearless visionary who turned the world on with her smile.”

Last edited:

Phroobar

b96da6e41ae97bc26ab445a61740de98.gif

Castle Cake Apologist

Original Poster
In some of my Costume Design classes we studied the accepted dress codes for various periods of theater and TV. MTM was the first woman to wear slacks on TV. It was said that there were actually BOARD MEETINGS about the fit of her slacks !! You go Girl !!

She truly was a pioneer in so many ways. That show broke so many cultural norms at the time and paved the way for so many things.

Goofyernmost

In some of my Costume Design classes we studied the accepted dress codes for various periods of theater and TV. MTM was the first woman to wear slacks on TV. It was said that there were actually BOARD MEETINGS about the fit of her slacks !! You go Girl !!
Why the hussy! Even worse, I think they were Capri pants.:D:oops::devilish:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom