Riding Mission: SPACE

Goofier

I think there's less riders due to a combination of the signs AND pure word of mouth.

Think about it....the first six months, no one really knows what to expect. In those six months, there's all those numbers of people who got sick. People go home and start telling everyone, "I got so sick on that ride." People post on the internet, "I got so sick on that ride." Other people start questioning it on messageboards, "Should I ride Mission:Space?" That would significantly lower the number of riders, let alone sick riders, in the second six months. The signs that Disney put up just help with those who haven't heard anything else.

And I think that the ride feels less intense the second time you ride it because it FEELS less intense. The first time you ride it, you don't know what to expect, everything is a new sensation. By the second ride, you have a general idea, and so it doesn't feel as intense because you know what's coming.

My $0.02!! :)

TheLittleMerman

Reading a bunch of members saying that eating before the ride helps might be true.

At Paramount's King's Dominion in Virginia, I rode "Flight of Fear" with an empty stomach, and I felt absolutley dreadful after. Only until I had a small cup of vanilla ice-cream did I calm down.

HPU_Princess

I have a pretty good stomach so I don't know how much help I'll be....

I was terrified to ride this ride. I really was scared because of all the hype about it.

In my own opinion it was nothing. Disney has rides that are a million times worse... it is intense for some people. Try the lesser one first and if you can handle that go for the more challenging version.

KingStefan

Holy Thread-Bump, Batman!

I have to admit I enjoyed reading this thread through. I don't know how I didn't see it before - I did research MS after that kid died.

But this thread has everything! Good information, debate, controversy, deleted posts (whatever happened to TAC anyway - I haven't seen him around lately).

Time to go dig up the F&G thread about the guy who got mad when you took his picture!

Edit: :lol: someone beat me to it last week - a noobie none the less!
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=39248

Courtney1188

Holy Thread-Bump, Batman!

I have to admit I enjoyed reading this thread through. I don't know how I didn't see it before - I did research MS after that kid died.

But this thread has everything! Good information, debate, controversy, deleted posts (whatever happened to TAC anyway - I haven't seen him around lately).

Time to go dig up the F&G thread about the guy who got mad when you took his picture!

Edit: :lol: someone beat me to it last week - a noobie none the less!
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=39248

This gives me the urge to search for and bump another super-old long thread. :p Not sure which one yet. I'd have to look... been watching these boards for awhile but just recently started posting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom