Rides for 400 to 450 pounds

Queen Princess

Original Poster
Hello! My family and I are planning to go to DL this August. However, I have some concerns as I am 5'3 and 315 pounds and my daughter is 5'7 and is between 400 to 450 pounds. Could anyone requirement any rides that we would enjoy and that we could fit?

All nasty comments keep them to yourself.

I greatly appreciate all the help; I can get.

disney4life2008

I am a big man (I was in the 300s during my teens as well). One thing disney does is make every guest feel safe and ensure that have a great experience on the parks. For the most part - you will be able to enjoy most rides. There will be limitations on the rollercoasters, fast moving rides. But do not let that deter you - you can still have a great time. Check out this website - it really is a saving grace for us bigger folks. You can look at the the seats of each ride and judge for yourself.
http://allears.net/tp/ridsiz.htm

disney4life2008

I am a big man (I was in the 300s during my teens as well). One thing disney does is make every guest feel safe and ensure that have a great experience on the parks. For the most part - you will be able to enjoy most rides. There will be limitations on the rollercoasters, fast moving rides. But do not let that deter you - you can still have a great time. Check out this website - it really is a saving grace for us bigger folks. You can look at the the seats of each ride and judge for yourself.
http://allears.net/tp/ridsiz.htm

I just realized that I answered in regards to Disneyworld - the website I gave is about disneyworld. But remember, many of the rides are the same design. But the website should still be very helpful. Have a wonderful vacation and do not worry about others :)

Queen Princess

Original Poster
Hello disney4life2008,

Thank you for the information. I am okay not riding but my daughter is a big kid at heart she is really looking forward to riding the rides. I will take a look at the link you suggested.

Minthorne

It's all about the pursuit of happiness for everyone! I'm sure most attractions will be fine and I know you'll have a great time! There are excellent sites like the one linked above that do help let you know ahead if time those attractions that you might want to steer clear of. Still with so much to do - you won't even notice it.

DisneyPrincess5

So exciting-we want to go to DL so bad!
I like to scope everything out before a trip (room photos, menus, park maps) so maybe scoping out the seating would help you feel more at ease.
http://allears.net/tp/gal_ride.htm
I know this site I'm linking is for WDW rides but I cannot imagine the ride seating will be much different. Some rides will be tighter than others but this should give you a general idea.
Have a wonderful trip!

Edit:whoops I just saw that @disney4life2008 posted this link sorry!

disney4life2008

I like to scope everything out before a trip (room photos, menus, park maps) so maybe scoping out the seating would help you feel more at ease.
I know this site I'm linking is for WDW rides but I cannot imagine the ride seating will be much different. Some rides will be tighter than others but this should give you a general idea.
Have a wonderful trip!

The more the merrier :)

teacherlady19

My Son-in-law, about 350 lbs, was able to ride Matterhorn (at least, before the changes) but by himself. He also got on every other ride, too. He did not try to ride CS, Fun Wheel, or the swings in DCA.

Contrast that to the county fair, where they wouldn't allow him on a lot of the "cool" rides.

Donna

Queen Princess

Original Poster
It's all about the pursuit of happiness for everyone! I'm sure most attractions will be fine and I know you'll have a great time! There are excellent sites like the one linked above that do help let you know ahead if time those attractions that you might want to steer clear of. Still with so much to do - you won't even notice it.

Hello Minthorne,
I agree with you. I just know that my family will have a great time no matter what. I looked at the link and it was a great tool.

Queen Princess

Original Poster
Have a wonderful trip!

Thank you so much DisneyPrincess5! I am looking forward to going to DL. I have been a long time ago but my next family trip will be WDW.

Queen Princess

Original Poster
My Son-in-law, about 350 lbs, was able to ride Matterhorn (at least, before the changes) but by himself. He also got on every other ride, too. He did not try to ride CS, Fun Wheel, or the swings in DCA.

Contrast that to the county fair, where they wouldn't allow him on a lot of the "cool" rides.

Donna

Hello Donna,
I was thinking the same thing; that many of the ride we will have to ride by ourselves.

disney4life2008

One thing you will find is that at disney - physical (and all other) attributes are no longer important. As a big man I do not mind spending my money at disney because its a place where I can enjoy myself and not be judged but I can also do most attractions. CMs are welcoming and accommodating. Have a wonderful time and just enjoy being at disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom