Rides appropriate for infant?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
From a safety aspect if there is no height limit you are good to go. My youngest daughters first trip to WDW was at 10 days old and she went on pretty much everything that did not have a height restriction including PotC, KS, HM and Snow White. One thing I would recommend to make life easier on you and so the little guy can see better is one of those harnesses that holds your baby on your chest.

emba33

Parents Should Have Fun Too ...

I have to be honest here. I have seen so many couples with infants at WDW that look nothing short of having the most miserable time of their lives. Yes, it is a wonderful experience taking your child to The World for the first time but why not wait until you ALL can enjoy it and they little shaver knows what's going on? We didn't take our kids until they were 6 so they would remember it and had the chance to enjoy it. I would suggest waiting a few years but that's just my opinion.

Hi Steve:

My kids are 2 and 4 years old. This is the first year we are taking any kind of vacation since our first one was born. Regardless of whether the kids will remember it, the parents will definitely remember it -- and I think the more important question is how make make it a fun time for everyone including the adults. I think it is possible, but it certainly involves managing the parental expectations. There are plenty of options for parents to take turns going on rides -- and also, facing the reality that junior may not be ready to see Fantasmic.

The mistake is not that the kids were too young -- it was having expectations that they would act like a 12-year old because they are at Disney.

rlaeromech

We are bringing our seven month-old son to WDW for the first time. I'm curious to get people's opinions on what rides they would bring, or have brought, an infant on. Put aside the whole "it depends on your baby" stuff. He's only seven months, so he isn't really afraid of anything. Would you bring a baby on Haunted Mansion? Snow White? POTC? I guess those are the three I'm on the fence about...

Our son went last Sept. at 3 months.
We had a great time.. he had no clue where he was, so long as breakfast lunch and dinner was on time and his diaper was dry, he was cool.
We took him on POTC, all the rides in fantasy land except Snow white.. hey that one still scares me!, Jungle Cruise, all the 3D movies.
My daughter is four and has been going since 2. Will she remember all those trips? NO!, Will my wife and I. Yes. Look at it this way.
I went when I was 4. I can remember 2 things about that trip. 1. Something in tomorrowland and 2. That my parents loved me and wanted to spend time with me a very family friendly magical place and that we had fun.

I have heard people say that you should wait till your kids can remember it. Well, I agree with that somewhat and plan to take my kids again when they are 1,2,3,4,5,6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11.. and so on and so on. As long as we can enjoy it as a family! At some point they will actually remember it. But I will remember them all, and ALL those memories are priceless to me!

msmith

Like many others mentioned... Just about anything that doesn't have a height requirement...

The only thing that made me uncomfortable was the drop on POTC. It is somewhat of a sudden stop at the bottom and the inertia is similar to being in a braking car... We brought our 23 month old on this one and while it was easy for a single rider to hold on, and not move around too much, if you've got two hands holding onto the baby, then you're actually moving forward with the kid on your lap and it just wasn't 'right' for me.

Other than that, we did Grand Fiesta, TTA, Jungle Cruise, IASW (many times), Living with the Land (many times), Peter Pan, Pooh, etc...

PirateTreasure2

Rides you should take an infant on:

It's a Small World

Carousel Of Progress

Peter Pan's Flight

Mad Hatter's Teacups

Tomorrowland Transit Athority

Rides you should not take an infant on:

Snow Whites Scary Adventures

Stitch's Great Escape

Mickey's Philarmagic (Donald flys into a wall at the end)

The Haunted Mansion.

hansel1

Well we returned from our trip in january with our 8 month old. He had a blast and enjoyed most all the ride we took him on with the exception of FIGMENT a journey into imagination.

Things he rode:
Haunted mansion: rode 3 times and loved it.
Peter pan: loved it.
Merry go round (carousel): rode it twice and loved it. (we held him on a horse).
Mexico boat ride: loved it.
The land boat ride: loved it.
Magic carpets: loved it.
Jungle cruise: No emotion, just sat there.
Dumbo: loved it.
Its a small world: loved it.
Nemo: loved it.
safari ride: fell asleep.

Things he watched:
muppets: 3x and loved it
Phillharmagic: loved it.
Tough to be a bug: Ok with it until the fog and spiders, he just turned around and grabbed our necks.
Turtle talk: didn't care for it (bored)
Monster's Inc.: He didn't like it or hate it, he just watched.
Wishes: slept through it.
Illuminations: slept through it.
Fantasmic: fell asleep during it.
Lion king: absolutely loved it, he even danced.

Things he didn't do:
Pirates: we just didn't get around to it.
Ellen: we were afraid of the big bang.
snow white: lines too long
pooh: lines too long
TTA: missed it

His favorite part of disneyworld was trying to play with children in the cue lines. He doesn't talk yet or walk, but he laughs and waves his arms to get their attention until they talk to him.

PirateTreasure2

Well we returned from our trip in january with our 8 month old. He had a blast and enjoyed most all the ride we took him on with the exception of FIGMENT a journey into imagination.

Things he rode:
Haunted mansion: rode 3 times and loved it.
Peter pan: loved it.
Merry go round (carousel): rode it twice and loved it. (we held him on a horse).
Mexico boat ride: loved it.
The land boat ride: loved it.
Magic carpets: loved it.
Jungle cruise: No emotion, just sat there.
Dumbo: loved it.
Its a small world: loved it.
Nemo: loved it.
safari ride: fell asleep.

Things he watched:
muppets: 3x and loved it
Phillharmagic: loved it.
Tough to be a bug: Ok with it until the fog and spiders, he just turned around and grabbed our necks.
Turtle talk: didn't care for it (bored)
Monster's Inc.: He didn't like it or hate it, he just watched.
Wishes: slept through it.
Illuminations: slept through it.
Fantasmic: fell asleep during it.
Lion king: absolutely loved it, he even danced.

Things he didn't do:
Pirates: we just didn't get around to it.
Ellen: we were afraid of the big bang.
snow white: lines too long
pooh: lines too long
TTA: missed it

His favorite part of disneyworld was trying to play with children in the cue lines. He doesn't talk yet or walk, but he laughs and waves his arms to get their attention until they talk to him.
Wow. That must be really nice.

hansel1

Wow. That must be really nice.

We were suprised at the amount of things he enjoyed.

Figment was a little different though. It was his first "ride" on the day we flew into disney. When you ride first starts out your cars turn to see a screen in front of you with the professor. Then the lights go out and the screens drop "or rise" with a hissing sound. Scared him to death. Also, figment is a very LOUD ride with many things going on at once.

We brought along our big 3 wheeled jeep stroller so he could sleep through the nightly fireworks if he wanted to. It was a little cool at night so we put the rain and wind cover we bought from protect-a-bub on the stroller. It was a warm cacoon type situation that probably helped him sleep through it all.

PirateTreasure2

We were suprised at the amount of things he enjoyed.

Figment was a little different though. It was his first "ride" on the day we flew into disney. When you ride first starts out your cars turn to see a screen in front of you with the professor. Then the lights go out and the screens drop "or rise" with a hissing sound. Scared him to death. Also, figment is a very LOUD ride with many things going on at once.

We brought along our big 3 wheeled jeep stroller so he could sleep through the nightly fireworks if he wanted to. It was a little cool at night so we put the rain and wind cover we bought from protect-a-bub on the stroller. It was a warm cacoon type situation that probably helped him sleep through it all.
Yeah. Figment was a little loud for me. Now I'm 11.

imagine_82

IMHO, infants seem to do well as long as the noise level is lower. maybe you could take along some jr muffs or plugs? i have CM pals that swear by it with their infant who has been in the parks from the day he was born.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom