Ride Size

Yenfid

Original Poster
Since I last was at Disney World, I have gained weight. I was able to fit and go on everything 10 years ago, but now I am a size 44 waist and was wondering what rides I can and can not go on now. I know Dumbo type rides are out and Mission Space, and that's fine, but what about other rides

margybear

Thankfully there's a lot of different seat types on the rides at Walt Disney World, it just depends how comfortable you feel! I know my dad has a bigger middle than most, and rides like Splash/Thunder mountain, PotC, the Great Movie Ride are super accommodating. Peter Pan's flight and all of the theatre attractions were also pretty accommodating too! He had trouble with some of the overhead restraint rides (like where you pull the restraint down, Rock n' Roller Coaster style), but he isn't a thrill seeker, so I don't think it bothered him at all! There are very few rides you can't enjoy I'd say- and CMs are very helpful! They know that you might need a little extra space, and they won't embarrass you about it. If unsure, you can ask a CM to try and meet your requests
I found a link http://allears.net/tp/ridsiz.htm which also addresses these issues, if that helps.

Last edited:

rwdavis2

You will have no problems at WDW for ANY ride with a 44" waist. I was much larger than that and never had a problem. Universal was another story.

Goofyernmost

I cannot honestly think of a single ride that would be a problem for that size. Uni. might have one or two, but, not Disney.

DManRightHere

Agreed. 44 you should be good. Height is another issue, and if you have trouble essentially sitting down onto the floor, some rides may be an issue.

If you ever go to Disneyland it could be a whole other story. There were some tight spaces on some rides and some of the ques are tiny!

Goofyernmost

Agreed. 44 you should be good. Height is another issue, and if you have trouble essentially sitting down onto the floor, some rides may be an issue.

If you ever go to Disneyland it could be a whole other story. There were some tight spaces on some rides and some of the ques are tiny!
It's never a problem sitting down on the floor, the problem comes at the point when one tries to get back up. :in pain: But, the only one of those that I know of is Space Mtn., but a 44 waist should not be a factor at all.

JIMINYCR

Lots of the ride cars are awkward getting in out. Those deep seats are the worst. I did find the 7DMT car a bit troubling and I'm not close to being a 44. Especially when youre trying to exit quickly so others can board behind you.

danyoung56

I'm about that same size, and the only ride I have trouble with is the Astro Orbiter. I really have to wedge myself in, and it takes a bit of doin'. Other than that, no problems!

Wdw62114

Lots of the ride cars are awkward getting in out. Those deep seats are the worst. I did find the 7DMT car a bit troubling and I'm not close to being a 44. Especially when youre trying to exit quickly so others can board behind you.
Agreed. Im a 38 and 6'1 and it was pretty tight and uncomfortable on me

Yenfid

Original Poster
Thanks! I'm 5' 8" and around 280 lbs. I knew Disney was good at fitting large people on rides, just was not sure what rides I could not do. I know Tea cups can be tight, it was 10 years ago when I was smaller in waist. The reason I am asking is because I'm taking a Disney first timer for their 50th birthday later this year and wanted to ride most of the rides with them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom