Ride Showdown: Indiana Jones or Dinosaur?

Which is your favorite: Indy or Dino

• Dinosaur (former Countdown to Extinction)

Votes: 32 27.6%
  • Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye

Votes: 84 72.4%

• Total voters

GVentola

That was a hard choice. Dinosaur is my fave attraction at Animal Kingdom. Can't wait to see the refurb version. But Indy wins out. I think to me it has to do with Temple of Doom being one of my fave movies, while Dinosaur the movie was just okay and I've only watched it once. I can't get to Anaheim much to ride Indy. Wish they'd bring it here to MK's Adventureland or next to the Indy stunt show at DHS.

Disone

Dinosaur is a waste of the system. You could be in a motion seat like Shrek and get most of the same thing. The whole idea of being in a moving vehicle is almost lost because the motion is SO extreme and there is almost NOTHING to establish your location/view with. It's literally just being jerked around in the dark... oh look.. meteor... oh look... Dino... more meteors.. Dino... FINISH!
Here we 100% agree. Indy hands down.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Indy all the way! The queue inside and out is themed incredibly. The ride is so much fun! When you get into the main room and you just see how big the space is and there are flames going off and the epic score it is amazing! Dinosaurs has nothing that can compare.

Edward M

Hahahaha, who would choose Dinosaur?? Look, I actually love Dinosaur; I'm a big defender of it. I love that it has a unique plot, huge animatronics, and is so scary and thrilling. However, Indiana Jones is one of the best rides ever made. It's simply an unfair competition. Indy wins by a lot.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I've been on both... Indiana Jones is a great ride, bit I'm not much of a fan of the Indiana Jones films. Never have.

Dinosaur, however, I LOOOVEDLOVEDLOVED that movie growing up! I've always had a huge fascination for Dinosaurs in general! So in my opinion, Dinosaur is far superior. Especially given the fact that it's literally the only place I can get my share of Dinosaurs at WDW now. I'd prefer they expand the actual Dino-Institute-Lab thing instead of an Indiana Jones re-theme.

I think if they want to add Indiana Jones, they should put him in Hollywood Studios. Keep the stunt show, add that coaster, and heck, if they want to re-create the Disneyland ride, it's such a different experience (outside the track layout) they should go for it! :)

Dinosaur is amazing and unique to WDW.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Dinosaur is a waste of the system. You could be in a motion seat like Shrek and get most of the same thing.

Yes+please+i+d+like+half+a+poorly+mixed+whiskey+and+_e26739baa43deea5d9540c4a5e3caaa1.gif

grnflash

Another thread is debating whether Disneyland's Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye or Animal Kingdom's Dinosaur (former Countdown to Extinction) is the superior ride.

If you've been on both, please vote in the poll above and come on down to tell us why you think your choice is the better rendition of this ride system.

This cannot possibly be a real question.

Damon7777

I found IJ Crystal Skull strikingly better than IJ Forbidden Eye which in turn is way better than Dinosaur.

I say that IJ Crystal Skull beats Forbidden Eye in every meaningful category:
Attraction facade, queue, sound, storyline, effects.

Dinosaur has 2 unique drawbacks:
a strobed carnotaurus head at the climax as opposed to a full motion and full sized AA and too much Grant Seeker.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I prefer the Mara room in the beginning over the Crystal Skull, other than that yes, I prefer the Tokyo version by far.

Seabasealpha1

Gonna have to go with Indy...

With dinosaur, I feel like 2 rides and you've got it down pat...youre not going to catch much that you've missed.

Indy...well...from it's cue to the end of the ride, you're just immersed in details...I don't feel like Indy runs out of appeal as quickly.

bclane

Sure it can. Just put a question mark at the end of it... like this: "This cannot possibly be a real question?"
I don't know but you may be jumping to conclusions here larryz. How do you know that grnflash didn't mean to say, "this" can't be a real question (as in the word "this" itself). For example, your friend says to you "hand me that thingy" and you reply, "this?". See, the word "this" can be a question. How do you know he didn't mean that larryz, huh, huh, huh? :p

wdwfan757

Indy's open environment just feels more lively. It could be just pure bias of something i've ridden 5 times obviously feels more exciting tahn something i've ridden 50. I wouldn't trade ours for theirs. Dinosaur is an excellent fit at AK, in my opinion.

I would also say that indy's queue is way better, but that makes sense considering there isn't a long enough line to warrant an epic queue at AK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom