Ride Poster Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Fievel
Just a reminder....any hints from anyone or anything like that and that one can be disqualified....so I'd just be quiet about it.

Yes.....we are trying very hard here to avoid vote swaying...and this turning into a popularity contest...

you like it.....great...then vote on it....otherwise....no "swaying" comments.

Maria

Originally posted by DMC-12

Yes.....we are trying very hard here to avoid vote swaying...and this turning into a popularity contest...

you like it.....great...then vote on it....otherwise....no "swaying" comments.

Jeez.... don´t get all ticked about it guys! Let´s be all quiet then! no comments allowed! Just let MSU post the entries and we all shut off! :rolleyes:

:animwink: :animwink:

DMC-12

Originally posted by Maria

Jeez.... don´t get all ticked about it guys! Let´s be all quiet then! no comments allowed! Just let MSU post the entries and we all shut off! :rolleyes:

:animwink: :animwink:

ARRrrrrrrrGH....I did not mean to sound like I was attacking you Maria....or anyone........

I just just want a fair contest is all..*hugs everyone*:)

Maria

Originally posted by DMC-12

ARRrrrrrrrGH....I did not mean to sound like I was attacking you Maria....or anyone........

I just just want a fair contest is all..*hugs everyone*:)

I know... I understand... I was kinda joking! :kiss: Trying to spice up a little with comments cause people are quiet just waiting for the posters to be posted and then nobody says a word about them! *sigh* :animwink: :animwink:

tenchu

Originally posted by Maria

I know... I understand... I was kinda joking! :kiss: Trying to spice up a little with comments cause people are quiet just waiting for the posters to be posted and then nobody says a word about them! *sigh* :animwink: :animwink:

What were you saying about my poster?

Ha ha ha, only joking.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I wasn't attacking anyone either...I just want this to be fair. It could be very easy to say "I think #X is the best because it ....yadda, yadda, yadda."

Even though it's just voicing your opinion, it could also be an underhanded way of vote swaying...making it sound like you have no idea whose it is when it is in fact your own.

Not accusing anyone, just giving a reason for what i said :)

HorizonsMan

need some help and i know there are alot of artists on here. Im workingon my project on adobe photoshop and i cant figure out how to place text on top of photos, anyone got any ideas?, any help would be great.

DisneyCP2000

Click on the letter T, then click on your image and type away. That's all.

Attachments

• pshop1.jpg
    pshop1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 221

DMC-12

Originally posted by HorizonsMan
need some help and i know there are alot of artists on here. Im workingon my project on adobe photoshop and i cant figure out how to place text on top of photos, anyone got any ideas?, any help would be great.

Layers......once you know how to layer ...your golden.....
I use gimp now...(I cannot afford PhotoShop these days...the company I used to work for would supply the software..plus savin up for my WDW trip:))........so I am a bit rusty...in gimp..I know if you copy something...then right click..you select "paste into"...instead of just "paste" to make it a seprate layer...then double click in the window that shows your layers and give it a name...

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by christopher
I like your avatar Main Street. What happened to DK really sucks.

Yes, it is very unfortunate. I thought the avatar would be a nice way to remember him and Buck for a little bit.

DisneyJedi

Layers are quite easy in Paint Shop Pro (poor man's "easy" Photoshop). The second you paste something into your image (control+e) or add some text, without clicking anything in the image, go to the layers window that should be floating about (unless you closed it), you'll see "floating selection". Right-click on those words and pick "promote to layer". Easy as that for layers in PSP! I just recently started using them and it has made working with graphics much more manageable. I should have used them a long time ago. :)

CalDisney

Originally posted by Main Street USA

Yes, it is very unfortunate. I thought the avatar would be a nice way to remember him and Buck for a little bit.

Hey MSU!

He PLayed out here at Chaffee College about 15 mins from my House:(

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Contest ends tomorrow night at 11:59pm EST. All entries mailed to me up until this time will be eligible for the final 15.

Once I recieve all of the entries I will immediately give them to the annonynous party to choose which 15 will be voted upon to determine the winner.

Then when I get the list of 15, I will pt them together and post the voting. The voting process will not contain any names, only numbers. When the voting ends, I will announce the winner immediately.

I have to say something else. I think the old way was MUCH more fun for everyone. It shouldn't be necessary to do all of this private emailing stuff. Plus, as you can see, it keeps people from being able to compliment others on their work, or even simply talk about entries at all. Telling everyone not to vote based on popularity should be enough. I'm not sure which kind of contest will be next (wallpaper, poster, or whatever) but I think it should be run the old way. Just my thoughts, though.

What does everyone think?:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom