Ride closed during my Fastpass+ time

Rob562

What if you don't take a smart phone with you...or God Forbid...don't own one?

Well, at least in terms of notification of the ride closure, you're no worse off than you are now with paper FP: You walk halfway across the park from your lunch at Village Haus for your 3:30 Splash Mountain FP return time to discover that it's closed and the CM tells you to come back later when the ride is open again to use your paper FP.

At least with the FP+/MDE system if you have your cell phone you have a chance to learn of the closure *before* your walk from halfway across the park and you can make alternate arrangements if you want to.

-Rob

rd805

Well - it was still early in the process a few weeks back and kind of a spur of the moment trip - but i didn't have much success with the Magic Band. Maybe it's fixed at this point, but i didn't have a good experience.

And i KNOW i'm the only person who has had trouble w/ it :rolleyes:.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Well - it was still early in the process a few weeks back and kind of a spur of the moment trip - but i didn't have much success with the Magic Band. Maybe it's fixed at this point, but i didn't have a good experience.

Just wanted to make sure you gave it a go.

We were at the CR a week or so ago for our trip and were using them. I was very neutral about the bands going in.
We ended up having a couple of very minor issues, (PIN didn't take our first night, a bad 'read' at another restaurant) however the rest of my experience with the band was amazingly positive.

rd805

Just wanted to make sure you gave it a go.

We were at the CR a week or so ago for our trip and were using them. I was very neutral about the bands going in.
We ended up having a couple of very minor issues, (PIN didn't take our first night, a bad 'read' at another restaurant) however the rest of my experience with the band was amazingly positive.

No problem - i think down the line it may be an amazing invention. I'm not quite there yet though haha.

shipley731

What if you don't take a smart phone with you...or God Forbid...don't own one?

I don't have a smart phone, but I have an iPod touch that I generally have with me when I'm in the parks. Was able to get an e-mail notice like the one previously posted in this thread when I was at Animal Kingdom two weekends ago.
I will admit I was skeptical about the magic bands prior to trying them, but I've had pretty positive experiences the last 2 times I went to the parks. We'll see how thing go next week when we go for F&W.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom