RFID Cup question

andrelaplume

Original Poster
We purchased 3 mugs in August and may be heading back. I understand these cups will no longer work? Is that a fact. When we purchased them we paid cash. How did the cup 'know' how long we were there for. I am curious how the tech works....

Nevertheless, if it won't work will they reactivate my mug...even if I have to pay. I hate to add 3 more mugs to our universe...its a waste....but don't want to drag 3 mugs down and have to bring 6 back!

andrelaplume

Original Poster
I see..but how did my mug know when to shut off? We paid cash...we were not asked how long our stay was? Its a shame you cant just pay a reactivation fee...

nickys

Premium Member
They all expire 14 days after activation if paying cash or any stay actually. Just like tickets. :)

They must be able to reactivate them somehow, because if you're staying longer than 14 days then they will extend them for your length of stay. Even if you don't tell them when you get them, they will do it for you if need be.

However that said, you can't get them reactivated for a second trip. The RFID chip is what determines whether they will still work. After 14 days they stop working, with the exception of the above scenario for a continuous stay.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
They must be able to reactivate them somehow, because if you're staying longer than 14 days then they will extend them for your length of stay. Even if you don't tell them when you get them, they will do it for you if need be.

However that said, you can't get them reactivated for a second trip. The RFID chip is what determines whether they will still work. After 14 days they stop working, with the exception of the above scenario for a continuous stay.

Yes thank you for clarifying I left that out. Indeed if your stay is over 14 days they can extend them. :)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Also if you don't want extra mugs so bad just try to sell your old ones on EBay (yes people will buy them) etc or give them to someone in need. ;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Our local Goodwill ends up with a collection every couple years when we clean out the cabinets. The only one I wish we'd kept at least one of was the Dixie Landings mug.

I have 2 of each mug we had (and that is downsizing) My favorites are the larger mugs, Original FQ mardi gras version, Dixie Landings and the first mug of Animal Kingdom.

21stamps

Speaking of mugs.. I read a few weeks ago that only handle cups were offered now. Is this true? Or are the no handle ones still around?

I prefer them without a handle.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Speaking of mugs.. I read a few weeks ago that only handle cups were offered now. Is this true? Or are the no handle ones still around?

I prefer them without a handle.

They probably used up the handless ones. With all the paper shopping bags and paper 4 cup holders Disney was plowing through to offset the missing handles my position is still it was a manufacturing problem with the handle portion of the mold as they went through a few months with only the handleless mugs available.Gave them enough time for Mold Makers to fix the issue, run the handle mold again for parts and once again deliver a complete mug to Disney. I can't imagine Disney wanting to continue to shell out all that money on paper products to deliver a mug without a handle.

21stamps

They probably used up the handless ones. With all the paper shopping bags and paper 4 cup holders Disney was plowing through to offset the missing handles my position is still it was a manufacturing problem with the handle portion of the mold as they went through a few months with only the handleless mugs available.Gave them enough time for Mold Makers to fix the issue, run the handle mold again for parts and once again deliver a complete mug to Disney. I can't imagine Disney wanting to continue to shell out all that money on paper products to deliver a mug without a handle.
Bummer.

EOD K9

I remember on another thread that we spoke of this being a planned move. The ones without handles would fit great in a car cup holder. Then if you want to make it into one with a handle, they will sell you one that attaches for a small upcharge.

21stamps

I remember on another thread that we spoke of this being a planned move. The ones without handles would fit great in a car cup holder. Then if you want to make it into one with a handle, they will sell you one that attaches for a small upcharge.
They do. I would think that a lot (not all) of people would prefer the no handle option.

JIMINYCR

WE don't mind keeping all ours around. We have one cabinet in our kitchen that holds all our trips mugs and another one that holds all our Disney ceramic coffee mugs. Its amazing when friends come over and we offer them a soda, tea or coffee, how many ask if they can have theirs in a Disney cup or mug. Guess we have a Disney influence over them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom