REVIEW - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coaster at the Magic Kingdom's New Fantasyland

Magenta Panther

Sounds good. Of course TDO cut corners. :p But at least they're not too damaging, unlike the obvious cheapness of much of the Little Mermaid ride.

raven

Audio inside the mountain was a tad loud but I expect it was to cover up the sounds of the animatronics operations. The coaster is very smooth, very quiet operating, and has some surprising speed at times. Nicely done but not worth more than an hour wait....then again, some people wait more than 90 minutes for Peter Pan.

71jason

I really don't get the criticism of the length of the ride. I think it's just long enough--the show scene in the middle helps here--if it's a kid's first roller coaster, as it no doubt will be for a generation to come, it doesn't need to be 5 minutes. Couple thrills, show scene, couple more thrills, welcome back.

BTW, haven't seen anyone mention the final scene in the show building, with animated shadows of the Dwarves along the wall. Simple effect but works perfectly.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I really don't get the criticism of the length of the ride. I think it's just long enough--the show scene in the middle helps here--if it's a kid's first roller coaster, as it no doubt will be for a generation to come, it doesn't need to be 5 minutes. Couple thrills, show scene, couple more thrills, welcome back.
I think everyone will have a different opinion on this, but for me the ride would be elevated to a higher level with another big show scene and another outdoor section. It would push it from a good attraction to something great. Just my view.

Scuttle

Audio inside the mountain was a tad loud but I expect it was to cover up the sounds of the animatronics operations. The coaster is very smooth, very quiet operating, and has some surprising speed at times. Nicely done but not worth more than an hour wait....then again, some people wait more than 90 minutes for Peter Pan.
Mostly agreed, I was actually pretty impressed with it. It's not that headliner the MK has been in need if for 20+ years, but I still think this is a thousand times better than a few meet and greets. We got the front row which was still pretty wild and I agree the speeds were surprising at parts. The queue is pretty well done and I especially like when everyone spins the diamond buckets together Snow White appears... Nice little hidden trick.

I say B+ I'd give it an A, but I can't do that knowing it received many cuts and should obviously be a longer ride.

Oh and we also experienced a WAY shorter wait then the posted time. It said 90 and we were on in 35.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom