1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Retirees and seasonal work at Disney

Discussion in 'Employment/College Program/International' started by David, Feb 3, 2009.

1. David

David Active Member

We've heard that Disney (in better economic times) hires seasonal workers, among those a lot being as retired persons. My wife and I hope to retire in about 8 years and as big fans of the House of Mouse, were considering something like that. Do any of you have any knowledge as to what type of employment we could expect ie carts, attractions, etc. and does anyone have any experience with this?

2. disneychic71

disneychic71 Member

good luck! This is my retirement plan, too, so I hope someone knowledgable is out there!

3. Tinkrbell

Tinkrbell Active Member

I work in costuming, so I see alot of the "snow birds" coming & getting their costumes. I see them working in just about every line of work. Attractions, food, main entrance, custodial, costuming. I haven't seen any as life guards, character performers, or character attendants.

4. DisneyJoe

DisneyJoe Well-Known Member

I've seen a few survey takers of retirement age.

5. Disneybird

Disneybird Member

I have an aunt and uncle that pack up their rv and work at WDW from Oct., to Jan., every year. They work in the stores throughout Liberty Square. They have been doing this for about 4 years now, and love it.