Retheme of LMA to Cars?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Whenever they are going to make a change to the parks, there's a development period where they brainstorm multiple ideas/attractions , then at some point one is chosen to actually be built. Generally when they "officially" announce something it means they've finally made up their minds and decided on what the new attraction will be. In the meantime, it's just a lot of "potential scenarios" or "what if" kinds of plans floating around until they decide on something
This post explains it perfectly. until a trusted insider says otherwise. The mods could save a lot of space on the servers and just shut this thread down and refer everybody to your post or @Bolt 's.

wdwfan4ver

Not sure what weird universe you're living in but The Great Movie Ride is not going away. Disney wouldn't be giving it a new pre-show and finale if they were getting rid of it. I must ask what "proof" you are talking about.
I meant to type the Studios Backlot Tour.

wdwfan4ver

It sure felt like I entered it the other night. It also felt like I rode it. Lol, I'm sure ur post was just a typo. At least I hope so.
I'd already typed it was a typo before you posted and it did correct it. At the time, I was in a rush.

I also completed another sentence in that post about the Great Movie Ride getting changes next year.

tl77

This post explains it perfectly. until a trusted insider says otherwise. The mods could save a lot of space on the servers and just shut this thread down and refer everybody to your post or @Bolt 's.

Well this particular rumor seems plausible because it would cheap to convert LMA to Cars, but I thought they were getting rid of LMA because the show itself was an expensive show to perform multiple time a day. And no offence to the insiders but someone was posting photos of animatronic mermaids for POTC a while back, but at the last minute they were cut from the budget, my point is nobody really knows anything until it's finished and in the meantime anything is possible. I think it's more likely that some of this info gets leaked on purpose to see how fans react to it on-line, and then use that to help make a final decision, like the first verion of New Fantsayland that was deemed "too girly"

Cmdr_Crimson

Doesn't sound viable to me.
No good way of having the cars' eyes move on the windshield and have the effect work in daylight.

Actually....Disney on Ice did it...and they are similar to the M&G Versions...However their mouths & eyes do move...Although I think it is a bit strange why Feld Entertainment think the idea that cars and ice would work well..:confused:

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

I really, truly doubt LMA will be here within a year. The amount of space that thing takes up is enormous. And it has been pretty much entirely disliked. Who knows what could happen, but I feel that there is no reason to keep this thing around given the overhaul of the park. And an overhaul is just that: getting rid of everything that really doesn't need to be there.

Goofyernmost

I really, truly doubt LMA will be here within a year. The amount of space that thing takes up is enormous. And it has been pretty much entirely disliked. Who knows what could happen, but I feel that there is no reason to keep this thing around given the overhaul of the park. And an overhaul is just that: getting rid of everything that really doesn't need to be there.
It fills the stadium for almost every show. I'm not sure how that translates into "entirely disliked". By you, maybe. But there are many that would disagree with you on that point.

That's not to say that I think it will last a lot longer either, but, not because it is disliked. Right now it is a massive people consumer and that is something that they need in DHS right now.

RSoxNo1

It fills the stadium for almost every show. I'm not sure how that translates into "entirely disliked". By you, maybe. But there are many that would disagree with you on that point.

That's not to say that I think it will last a lot longer either, but, not because it is disliked. Right now it is a massive people consumer and that is something that they need in DHS right now.
When it was built the intention was for it to fill the stadium for every show and have more than two shows a day.

Sped2424

Well this particular rumor seems plausible because it would cheap to convert LMA to Cars, but I thought they were getting rid of LMA because the show itself was an expensive show to perform multiple time a day. And no offence to the insiders but someone was posting photos of animatronic mermaids for POTC a while back, but at the last minute they were cut from the budget, my point is nobody really knows anything until it's finished and in the meantime anything is possible. I think it's more likely that some of this info gets leaked on purpose to see how fans react to it on-line, and then use that to help make a final decision, like the first verion of New Fantsayland that was deemed "too girly"
Can you direct me to the animatronic mermaid posts?

tl77

Can you direct me to the animatronic mermaid posts?
I don't remember where it was exactly, but it was a while back in the months leading up to the digital projection mermaid effect being unveiled, and the image was a black and white photo of a miniature concept model of a mermaid sitting on the rocks rock with arm out stretched screaming with the monster teeth from the movie ...hope that helps

Sped2424

I don't remember where it was exactly, but it was a while back in the months leading up to the digital projection mermaid effect being unveiled, and the image was a black and white photo of a miniature concept model of a mermaid sitting on the rocks rock with arm out stretched screaming with the monster teeth from the movie ...hope that helps
I found it amazingly, that and some concept art and a test photo. All cool finds, such a shame about the end product we got there.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The space is so big.. Bulldoze the stage and set and all that.. I want an Incredibles or Big Hero 6 action ride similar to Spiderman/Transformers style.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom