Resturant Suggestions

DopeysGirl1226

Original Poster
My family and I are going back to Disney later this year. We have our favorite resutants that we visit each time, but this time my husband and I want to broden their horizions. I've read countless menu's trying to select the ones which seem appealing :slurp: , but I could really use some suggestions. We love both resturants at Wilderness Lodge, the Cape May Cafe, Tony's Town Square and the Portebello Yacht Club. We've only eaten in Japan in the WS, but no where else in Epcot. We've only eaten counter service in MGM at the ABC place because my sister likes the desserts. As anyone can see were very limited to where we eat, so anything you can come up with is greatly appreaciated!
Thanks!:wave:

rileyspaw

ROSE&CROWN (England) in EPCOT, BOMA in ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE, OHANA in the POLYNESIAN, and The SCI-FI in MGM are all personal favorites I'd recommend.
:)

DopeysGirl1226

Original Poster
My parents are a little intimidated from Boma. They are not real spice people, in fact my dad can't tolerate anything above black pepper. Is the food that spicy or do you think they'd be able to make the same entree's minus the flavor?

Thanks!

tigsmom

'Ohana or the Kona Kafe in the Polynesian, The Yachtsman Steakhouse in the Yacht Club (expensive, but good), Chef Mickey's (breakfast or dinner) or the Councorse Steakhouse in the Contemporary. We always try to have lunch at Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco in EPCOT and Tusker House in Animal Kingdom. I'm going to try the restaurants at the AKL on our next trip.

We also like Cosmic Ray's and The Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch or character dinner) and Pecos Bill's in the MK. We have only eaten in Mama Melrose at MGM, but want to try Hollywood & Vine.
Head over to the Boardwalk for Spoodles or the Big River Grille & Brewing Works

The Princess Dinner at Akershus in Norway was disappointing to us, by my kids are kind of picky.

wannabeBelle

DopeysGirl1226 said:
My parents are a little intimidated from Boma. They are not real spice people, in fact my dad can't tolerate anything above black pepper. Is the food that spicy or do you think they'd be able to make the same entree's minus the flavor?

Thanks!
Hey there!!! Me and your Dad are right on the same page!!! I wasnt thrilled with Boma but believe it or not Jiko was just outstanding!!! Jiko is more of a cook to order type of place and they can tone down anything that you order!!! I had the Red onion, cucumber and tomato salad, the half roasted chicken without the chermoula rub. The chicken was already pleasantly seasoned with some herbs, kalamata olives and antique lemons which was more than enough for me!!! The chermoula rub would have been too much for me. I also have the Expedition Everest sundae for dessert which is not on the menu any longer. It was kind of a banana split with the bananas being carmelized. It was so good!!!! As far as some of the other restaurants I like a lot are the 50's Prime Time for dinner, Le Cellier and Teppanyaki Grill are both outstanding, Chef Mickey's is a great buffet as is Crystal Palace, I also like Raglan Road which is the new Irish pub in Downtown Disney. Hope this helps!! Feel free to ask for more sugestions if you need!!! Belle

GoofyMom2

The Biergarten in Germany is really good.....lots of things even if you have picky eaters in your group. And their desserts are outstanding! (get the apple strudel with the vanilla sauce) The entertainment adds some fun to the meal.

We enjoyed the buffet at Crystal Palace, nice selection.

We have heard such good things about Ohana and Whispering Canyon Cafe that we are trying them during our upcoming trip. Everyone always rates them highly!

Anything in Japan is very good. Rose and Crown or walk up for fish and chips.

Have a great time!

THECARISMINE

hERE WE GO HERE COMES THE FOOD LOL:slurp:

-

CRYSTAL PALACE - LUNCH - $15.95 ADULTS $8.25 CHILD

CINDERELLA'S ROYAL TABLE - (lunch sometimes)DINNER***********<love it>

HOLLYWOOD & VINE - DINNER -$16.50 ADULTS $8.95 CHILDREN

CONCOURSE STEAKHOUSE AT CONTEMPORARY -

ARTIST POINT AT WILDERNESS LODGE - BREAKFAST

DONALD'S BREAKFASTOSAURUS

TONY'S TOON TOWN SQUARE (IT CHANGED ITS NAME BUT STILL TONYS)

MAYA GRILL - CORONADO

CHEF MICKEY'S

OHANA’S

TEMPURA KIKU - JAPAN (NR)<GREAT FOR LUNCH>

SCI-FI DRIVE-IN THEATER

JIKO - ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE

LE CELLIER STEAKHOUSE - CANADA

ThatS our main resturantS :p

opps almost forgot CAPE MAY CAFÉ!!! PLUS YOU CAN ALWAYS JUMP IN THE AWSOME POOL OVER THERE LOL

disneypearl

Magic Kingdom:
Crystal Palace - Very good buffet & Pooh and friends come to your table.

Disney Studios: (MGM)
50's Prime Time Cafe - Fun atmosphere & comfort food
Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano - nice theme & food is good
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater - Love eating in a car while watching old sci-fi shows

Those are some of my favorites. :p

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
You already have some great suggestions here.

Before I list mine, take a visit to http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm for a listing of the various restaurants and examples of menus.

In MGM, we like 50's Prime Time and Sci Fi for unique dining experiences (food is more limited and casual at Sci Fi). Brown Derby is nice for an upscale meal.

MK, we like Cinderella's Castle and Liberty Tree Tavern

At AK, most meals are casual. We do Tusker house for Breakfast or Lunch, Lunch or Dinner at Flame Tree.

Epcot has a lot. The only country we don't do is Italy as we have great Italian here in the Northeast, cheaper and more pleasant experience. We also find Coral Reef at the Living Seas overpriced for the meal.

Boardwalk and DTD have much to offer. Pricy but nice meal at the Flying Fish. All tastes catered to at DTD.

At the resorts, O'hana at Poly, Artist Point, Whispering Canyon at WL, At GF, Citrico's or Narcoossee's, Contemporary - Concourse Steakhouse (many like California Grille...but I have a personal grudge..:fork: ). I like Boma and Jiko, but understand your reluctance.

If you can, do do Hoop de do Review, a fine meal and a great show, a classic.

Good Eating!

dvcnut39

Here's some of our favorites-

MK- Crystal Palace
Starlight Cosmic Cafe
Colombia Harbour House

E- Teppanyaki's
Yakitori's

MGM- 50's Primetime Cafe
Mama Melrose's

AK- Restaurantosaurus
Flame Tree Barbeque

Resorts- Cape May Cafe
Boma's
Whispering Canyon
'Ohana

DTD- Planet Hollywood
House of Blues
Rainforest Cafe
Earl of Sandwich

ryguy

One that people don't talk about much which I thought was a real find was the Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary resort. I had the steak and it was great. I also like to watch the monorail go by. Just tried Kona at the Polynesian and thought that was real good too. Its a great place for lunch. The food quality is very good at both these restaurants. Beaches and Cream is a fun place for a throwback 50's style soda shop. Hope that Helps!!

pescador1f

so many

Biergarten is a favorite for me & my girlfriend, goo selection, all you can eat(not garbage) you have to sit with strangers if you are a small group or couple, but its okay, big beers, good spot to watch illuminations after dinner. japan is great, rose & crown was good, good view for illuminations as well outside.i would go with anything world showcase.

DopeysGirl1226

Original Poster
Wow do we have alot to choose from.....

For those who have eaten at the Yachtmens Steakhouse and at Le Cellier which do you perfer?

wannabeBelle

I prefer Le Cellier simply for location ( within EPCOT and around the corner from Off Kilter) although Yachtsman is very elegant. Also the Yachtsman has a dress code Le Cellier does not. I enjoyed both about the same though. Belle

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
DopeysGirl1226 said:
Wow do we have alot to choose from.....

For those who have eaten at the Yachtmens Steakhouse and at Le Cellier which do you perfer?

As Belle has said, both are superior. Probably for the reason she gave, convenience, Le Cellier has become increasingly difficult to book. Yachtsman, because it is a bit off the beaten path is usually easier to book.
Either one is a great meal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom