Restricted Rehire status

Next Big Thing

Congrats on holding down a job for six months. And that's cool about getting tips on top of that.

While it may seem that 6 months at the same job is a milestone. In reality that is just a minimum. Anybody hiring would look at anything less than that as a temporary job, but it is certainly not a milestone in and of itself. I doubt that Disney would make any change to your status simply based upon this factor.

I'm not really trying to dash your hopes, but trying to help you set realistic expectations. Perhaps after you have held down the SAME job for a year, it might help persuade them to reconsider your status.
Ok, so what you just did was decided to ignore my entire post. I said I was going to continue working here for a solid 3 more months at the least, and even still I'm not letting the job go as I have to pay rent until February.

I know 6 months is the minimum and it will be hard to get back in with that. I happened upon this thread though and was looking for a simple answer, which you failed to give.

lazyboy97o

Ok, so what you just did was decided to ignore my entire post. I said I was going to continue working here for a solid 3 more months at the least, and even still I'm not letting the job go as I have to pay rent until February.

I know 6 months is the minimum and it will be hard to get back in with that. I happened upon this thread though and was looking for a simple answer, which you failed to give.
Or do you just not like the answer that was given? There are lots of threads in this forum of people not getting their status changed regardless of circumstances. One year is a good, simple milestone that goes beyond the minimum and has some weight to it.

Next Big Thing

Or do you just not like the answer that was given? There are lots of threads in this forum of people not getting their status changed regardless of circumstances. One year is a good, simple milestone that goes beyond the minimum and has some weight to it.
And I'm planning on a year+

Did anyone even read my post? I simply asked if I should go to casting or if there was a phone number WHEN it comes time that I decide to talk to them. I never said that a year wasn't a good goal to have.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
First , I think I might rethink my attitude towards others before attempting to persuade ANYBODY to rehire you. I think I might know why you were termed in the first place.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
So i've got this same situation and i've had a pretty steady job for almost 6 months (at the Disney AMC) and plan to stay at least through the holiday season for the tips (I work on the Dine-In side).

Anyway, My question is, when I want to contact Disney about getting the ball rolling on changing my restricted rehire status, is there a phone number that I can call? Should I just go over to Casting? Thanks in advance!

Apply, get told no, then call and ask.

But if I can't get in, after literally turning my life around professionally (no degrees, general up - to now multiple degrees, 6 years Fortune 500 experience, now working with a top international bank, and still holding onto a security clearance), do you have a chance? Especially when Disney has a backlog of qualified applicants?

Be honest with yourself - enjoy Disney as a guest, and let CM status go to the next person.

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

First , I think I might rethink my attitude towards others before attempting to persuade ANYBODY to rehire you. I think I might know why you were termed in the first place.
I'm looking for advice, not your snotty attitude of "work more".

I'm not expecting them to hire me the first time I try again. But I was looking for advice on a certain topic and you basically told me that all the work that i've put in and my two promotions mean nothing. It's hard working in an environment where almost everyone talks about quitting on a daily basis. The only reason I am continually motivated to work hard and stay focused at AMC is because I want to get back in at Disney.

Apply, get told no, then call and ask.

But if I can't get in, after literally turning my life around professionally (no degrees, general ****up - to now multiple degrees, 6 years Fortune 500 experience, now working with a top international bank, and still holding onto a security clearance), do you have a chance? Especially when Disney has a backlog of qualified applicants?

Be honest with yourself - enjoy Disney as a guest, and let CM status go to the next person.
Thank you

I am generally pretty honest with myself that i'll likely never get rehired. If I do, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

Next Big Thing

In almost every case that gets posted here, regardless of circumstances, this turns out to be the case.
And i'm very aware it may never mean anything to Disney.

I burned that bridge and it may well never be rebuilt. But i'm still motivated to try to convince them that i've turned my life around. If they don't want me then oh well, I can't do anything about that. Right now this is what is motivating me to keep doing my job to the best of my abilities. Everyone needs that at some point or another so if I never work for Disney again, I won't care if my hard work now pays off for other jobs in the future.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm looking for advice, not your snotty attitude of "work more".
Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure I know why you were termed in the first place.

Sorry, you didn't like what I had to say, but instead of taking my advice you simply choose to go on the defensive. I can assure you that you will NEVER be rehired at Disney with that attitude.

Next Big Thing

Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure I know why you were termed in the first place.

Sorry, you didn't like what I had to say, but instead of taking my advice you simply choose to go on the defensive. I can assure you that you will NEVER be rehired at Disney with that attitude.
I don't take this type of an attitude in a workplace and would never dream of it. So you go keep on making assumptions.

Next Big Thing

So, you admit that your attitude is inappropriate?
Actually, no, I don't think it's "inappropriate". I'm willing to say that i've been a bit snarky towards you, but you don't matter to my life.

I know when it's time to act professional and when I can push back. We're on a message board and you aren't my boss. You have no right to tell me how to act.

lazyboy97o

Actually, no, I don't think it's "inappropriate". I'm willing to say that i've been a bit snarky towards you, but you don't matter to my life.

I know when it's time to act professional and when I can push back. We're on a message board and you aren't my boss. You have no right to tell me how to act.
Postings here, in this very forum, have been noticed by Disney and negatively impacted attempts at being [re]hired.

Next Big Thing

Postings here, in this very forum, have been noticed by Disney and negatively impacted attempts at being [re]hired.
Oh believe me, I know. I've been around WDWMagic and sites like it long enough to know that WDW keeps an eye out. I have a management friend at Disney whose main job right now is to scour boards like this and compile compile legitimate complaints and see what can be fixed.

I'm still not going to censor myself because I know the almighty mouse might be watching. I'm not on the clock right now and if Disney or anyone else for that matter wants to judge me for stating my opinion, then that's someone I don't want to work for. Sorry if what I do in my spare time isn't good enough for you guys. I honestly already said a post or two back that I don't even expect to work for Disney again.

21stamps

And i'm very aware it may never mean anything to Disney.

I burned that bridge and it may well never be rebuilt. But i'm still motivated to try to convince them that i've turned my life around. If they don't want me then oh well, I can't do anything about that. Right now this is what is motivating me to keep doing my job to the best of my abilities. Everyone needs that at some point or another so if I never work for Disney again, I won't care if my hard work now pays off for other jobs in the future.

Unsolicited advise from an old aged buisnesswoman..
If you really want to work at WDW again then go for it.

Don't let that fuel your current motivation though. Here's a total cliche- always be motivated to be the best, as well as the best you that you can be...doing so will make you go far in your career. Regardless of if you're a janitor, banker, theme park employee, or a McDonald's employee.. If you're making $8 per hour or $200k salary per year.. ALWAYS be the best at what you do. People will notice, and you'll be rewarded :)

Next Big Thing

Unsolicited advise from an old aged buisnesswoman..
If you really want to work at WDW again then go for it.

Don't let that fuel your current motivation though. Here's a total cliche- always be motivated to be the best, as well as the best you that you can be...doing so will make you go far in your career. Regardless of if you're a janitor, banker, theme park employee, or a McDonald's employee.. If you're making $8 per hour or $200k salary per year.. ALWAYS be the best at what you do. People will notice, and you'll be rewarded :)
I do always work to be the best I can be, but it is a little disheartening making how little I make and then having to pay for an uber two ways each day. Some days I end up actually losing money.

OF COURSE, I do realize that it is a decision/choice that I personally made to work where I work, so I always try my hardest. But there's nothing wrong with having some sort of extra motivating factor.

21stamps

I do always work to be the best I can be, but it is a little disheartening making how little I make and then having to pay for an uber two ways each day. Some days I end up actually losing money.

OF COURSE, I do realize that it is a decision/choice that I personally made to work where I work, so I always try my hardest. But there's nothing wrong with having some sort of extra motivating factor.
No, there's nothing wrong with extra motivation.
That stinks about the Uber. Finance a car at a low payment as soon as possible!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom