Restaurant Marrakesh or Spice Road Table?

Huglife

Original Poster
Which Morocco restaurant? I've been doing some research but I've been getting mixed reviews for both. Anyone been to one or both? Thanks!

lemon meringue

We've been to both.
Marrakesh wins for food and service. It also feels more restful because it's set back off the beaten path. Feels like you're really taking a break from the parks.
Spice Road wins for atmosphere. It's outdoors but covered, airy in the summer, heated in the winter, and right by the water. It's great for people watching and if you time it right, Illuminations. Spice Road is the more casual of the two. It is also prone to getting a tad rowdy.

NiarrNDisney

I have been to both multiple times and frankly it comes down to what type of dining you're looking for.

Restaurant Marrakesh is more of a usual sit down restaurant with large entrees and the added entertainment element where as Spice Road Table is a more modern version of the small Cafes found around the Mediterranean where you can casually dine on tapas and small plates

GVentola

I prefer Restaurant Marrakesh. It has entertainment in the form of belly dancing. Try the lemon chicken for an entrée, and there's nothing like bastilla for dessert! I can't describe what bastilla is but it's wonderful! Sometimes there is a price fixe menu with a smaller selection but a smaller price. It doesn't offer bastilla, though.

belledream

I guess I'm in the minority but I enjoyed the food and atmosphere at Spice Road Table more. We went the entree route and were very impressed! When we went to Marrakesh, it was kind of empty and weird...

Disney4family

I read those! Which had me thinking Spice Road, but I've read others who claimed Marrakesh is superior...like most of the people in this thread. Reviews seem mixed on this one.
We've only tried Spice Road so I can't help you choose. We loved it. Just like everyone has said - we walked right in, got a table with an amazing view and had a really great meal. I guess you can try one this trip and try the other one the next trip! It's never too early to start planning the next time! ;) (even before the first time)

danyoung56

Marrakesh is the one Epcot restaurant that I'm not really fond of, and I don't quite know why. I've had some OK meals there, but nothing has really knocked me out. On the other hand, I've had 2 lunches at Spice Road Table, and really enjoyed both of them. I like dining out by the Lagoon, whereas the location of Marrakesh just seems kinda shuttered away in the back. Take a look at both menus and see which appeals to you more. You won't go wrong with either choice.

Kate Alan

I tried Marrakesh for the first time in February and really enjoyed it - so much so that I ended up spontaneously there for dinner another night towards the end of the trip. It really does feel like a nice respite from the hustle of the parks, and the food was very enjoyable, with fairly large portions.

Huglife

Original Poster
We've been to both.
Marrakesh wins for food and service. It also feels more restful because it's set back off the beaten path. Feels like you're really taking a break from the parks.
Spice Road wins for atmosphere. It's outdoors but covered, airy in the summer, heated in the winter, and right by the water. It's great for people watching and if you time it right, Illuminations. Spice Road is the more casual of the two. It is also prone to getting a tad rowdy.
Do most of the seats have a good view or can you get stuck at a dud?

CheshireCat12

If there is no one at the waterfront tables, ask! I've also been to both restaurants and enjoyed the food at both equally. I don't think you could choose wrong!

lemon meringue

Do most of the seats have a good view or can you get stuck at a dud?
The seating area is basically a big square so the closer that you are to the side on the water the better. You should have some view regardless but it's going to depend on whether or not other people are between you and the action.

Unomas

I always see love for Marrakesh on the boards. But its consistently one of the most available restaurants. I wanted to see what the hype was a few years back and really thought it was just okay. In fact, it really messed with my system and I got "sick." And I'm the guy that will try anything and eats a lot of spicy foods. The food wasn't really spicy at all - just didn't sit right with me. I don't know that I'd go back because of that experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom