Resort to Resort Travel Options

WDWDarling

Hi Everyone. My DH and I have an 8:15am ADR at Kona Cafe @ the Polynesian planned for an upcoming trip in July and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get there.

We're staying at Pop and plan to go to EPCOT afterwards. I would like to take the monorail from the Poly to EPCOT if possible because I've never done that before but I'm up for whatever travel combo makes the most sense.

Also, we will have our car with us so driving is an option if necessary but it's not my first choice.

I feel like I'm overthinking this so any feedback is greatly appreciated :).

glvsav37

IMO take a taxi or Uber directly to Polly. it'll cost less then $15 and it will cut out the whole need for the resort monorail. You are going around the lake, just to go back around again—the buses drop off on the opposite side of the lake, then you are at the mercy of the monorail to get back again. IMO, any delay could throw you off your ADR. with early ADRs, I don't like to put it in the hands of the WDW transportation.

The resort bellhop can call you the cap from their desk and it will be there in 5 minutes. Uber, you do right on the app.

Then I agree...walk to the TTC for the epcot monorail.

Upvote 0

WDWDarling

Original Poster
@DisneyJoe I had no idea they have a breakfast bus option! Definitely going to have to check into that because it would be my first choice.

If that doesn't work out, I think @glvsav37's taxi/uber idea is a good backup plan. I think $10-$15 is worth the time/peace of mind it offers.

Thank you both for your help :).

Upvote 0

Rob562

@DisneyJoe I had no idea they have a breakfast bus option! Definitely going to have to check into that because it would be my first choice.

If that doesn't work out, I think @glvsav37's taxi/uber idea is a good backup plan. I think $10-$15 is worth the time/peace of mind it offers.

The Breakfast Bus starts running as early as 6:30/6:45am, and runs until the park-specific buses start running. It's not on a set route, you simply get on the bus, tell them where you need to go, and they'll get you there. It may not be the *fastest* option, since the route is dependent on who else gets on the bus with you, but it will get you where you need to go and it's free.

-Rob

Upvote 0

glvsav37

I find myself using taxis more and more around property. Nothing against the transportation system, I think its a great perk for being on property.....but sometimes I just don't feel like waiting, or jamming into a crowded bus, esp with 2 strollers and all that junk in tow.

Upvote 0

WDWDarling

Original Poster
Thanks for info @Rob562! That is definitely good to know. May not be the most efficient but as you mentioned, it is free. Definitely something to keep in mind!

Yeah, @glvsav37 my DH and I don't have kids yet but I can see how trying to get around on buses with strollers would not be fun. Really think I'm leaning towards the taxi option to get there so thank you for the suggestion :).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom