Resort Hotel Soap possible ingredient change?

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Ok, first off, sorry if this thread or something along the lines of it have been posted before.

On this recent trip the hubby and I took to WDW, I noticed how different the soaps were that Housekeeping leaves. They were leaving my skin terribly dry. (Want to make a note here: I have incredibly sensitive skin/can't even wear make-up type, but normally Disney soap never bothered me until this trip).

So I was wondering, did they change the ingredients in the soap? Also, I noticed that they no longer have separate Shampoos and Conditioners but just a single bottle of both...

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I don't know if the ingredients of the soap are different but the fragrance has changed. The soap in the values and moderates was Blushing Orange; it is now sea Salt.

Old soap on left, new on right
FullSizeRender.jpg

We received the new shampoo and conditioner too (separate products, not a combo)
IMG_7048.JPG

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I don't know if the ingredients of the soap are different but the fragrance has changed. The soap in the values and moderates was Blushing Orange; it is now sea Salt.

Old soap on left, new on right
View attachment 205023

We received the new shampoo and conditioner too (separate products, not a combo)
View attachment 205029
We received the regular packaging of the Blushing Orange soap so I didn't pay much attention at the possibility of scent change.Did they just recently change the packaging for the Sea Salt? Are these given at the Value Resorts?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We received the regular packaging of the Blushing Orange soap so I didn't pay much attention at the possibility of scent change.Did they just recently change the packaging for the Sea Salt? Are these given at the Value Resorts?
The picture of the Sea Salt toiletries was taken at Pop Century. When we checked in our room had the Blushing Orange products but the next day were replaced with the Sea Salt products.

Sea Salt has also replaced the Grapefruit Bergamot fragrance at the Deluxe resorts.
IMG_6598.JPG

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
The picture of the Sea Salt toiletries was taken at Pop Century. When we checked in our room had the Blushing Orange products but the next day were replaced with the Sea Salt products.

Sea Salt has also replaced the Grapefruit Bergamot fragrance at the Deluxe resorts.
View attachment 205063
Ah. Probably will have to bring my own soaps from now on :( Sea Salt dried out my skin waaay too much

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)

View attachment 205063

I was just at Bay Lake Tower 2 weeks ago for a night (for a quick visit to see Wishes one last time) and it's still Grapefruit Bergamot. I have noticed only Grand Floridian (and on occasion Contemporary/Poly) gives the Spa Sea salt as you have pictured for Deluxes. Unless the last 2 weeks they have made a change we had the normal shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face soap, lotion all in the usual Grapefruit Bergamot. I do love the Spa sea salt so if all the Deluxes go to it that would be nice. ;)

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I was just at Bay Lake Tower 2 weeks ago for a night (for a quick visit to see Wishes one last time) and it's still Grapefruit Bergamot. I have noticed only Grand Floridian (and on occasion Contemporary/Poly) gives the Spa Sea salt as you have pictured for Deluxes. Unless the last 2 weeks they have made a change we had the normal shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face soap, lotion all in the usual Grapefruit Bergamot. I do love the Spa sea salt so if all the Deluxes go to it that would be nice. ;)
The Poly pic was taken on 5/7. :)

sxeensweet

The Poly pic was taken on 5/7. :)

Yeah I thought you just had went. Plus I knew it was Poly could tell by the decor. We were there a week prior to your stay. I think they still are leaving those (Spa sea salt) for the monorail resorts Main ones as I mentioned. Bay Lake may be the exception. I haven't heard of the others Deluxes yet that have the Spa Sea Salt either, but I won't be staying in another Deluxe until later this year. So can't speak for the others yet recently only Bay Lake. Kidani I was not there recently it's over a year. And Boardwalk, Saratoga, GF (had Spa sea salt) it has been a good while since we have been to those too that we frequent. :)

correcaminos

Yeah I thought you just had went. Plus I knew it was Poly could tell by the decor. We were there a week prior to your stay. I think they still are leaving those (Spa sea salt) for the monorail resorts Main ones as I mentioned. Bay Lake may be the exception. I haven't heard of the others Deluxes yet that have the Spa Sea Salt either, but I won't be staying in another Deluxe until later this year. So can't speak for the others yet recently only Bay Lake. Kidani I was not there recently it's over a year. And Boardwalk, Saratoga, GF (had Spa sea salt) it has been a good while since we have been to those too that we frequent. :)
Our most recent stay was at BCV in mid-march. They were still using the 'old DVC soaps' then. We'll be back in 3 weeks and we'll have to see what we get. I'd take pictures of what we did have at BCV, but we stopped at my in-laws on the way back and left all of our toiletries there for our return trip next month.

sxeensweet

Tried to find a better close up picture but as you can see it was still the Grapefruit Bergamont on 4/24/17 at Bay Lake by the orange and green labels etc. I took a bunch home they had left quite a bit for our room so had a good stash to take home. Lol ;)
IMG_8823.JPG

sxeensweet

Our most recent stay was at BCV in mid-march. They were still using the 'old DVC soaps' then. We'll be back in 3 weeks and we'll have to see what we get. I'd take pictures of what we did have at BCV, but we stopped at my in-laws on the way back and left all of our toiletries there for our return trip next month.

Yay another trip! Lol Will you be back at BCV or a different resort? ;)

correcaminos

Yay another trip! Lol Will you be back at BCV or a different resort? ;)
We'll be back at BCV again. When we planned this trip we knew we wanted BCV for the length of stay. At more of a last minute we planned a trip for spring break for a few days and waitlisted BCV for giggles and got it! Glad we did because while we love the area, Polynesian is still my son's favorite (along with AKL) as is ours, so we opted for more PVB points with another add on just a week or so ago. BCV was almost purchased again but lost out for a second time (lost to OKW originally)

I tried looking for pictures I took of stays for toiletries, but this was the closest I got to one. It was the TV in a bungalow in the bathroom where you can sort of see the red and green LOL

20151007_173619_zps6txykqmb.jpg

sxeensweet

We'll be back at BCV again. When we planned this trip we knew we wanted BCV for the length of stay. At more of a last minute we planned a trip for spring break for a few days and waitlisted BCV for giggles and got it! Glad we did because while we love the area, Polynesian is still my son's favorite (along with AKL) as is ours, so we opted for more PVB points with another add on just a week or so ago. BCV was almost purchased again but lost out for a second time (lost to OKW originally)

I tried looking for pictures I took of stays for toiletries, but this was the closest I got to one. It was the TV in a bungalow in the bathroom where you can sort of see the red and green LOL

20151007_173619_zps6txykqmb.jpg

Yes I see them. Lol ...and Awesome! about your trips. Similiar to us we wanted a last minute trip to see Wishes one last time for only 1 night and waitlisted Bay Lake Tower 1 bed villa and got it! Such a tease to be there only 1 night. We loved BLT, and love GFV and Kidani (our home), but also enjoy most of the others too. Our long trip will be 11/29-12/12 this year at Kidani. May change and do a spilt stay but for now we have that booked. ;)

correcaminos

Yes I see them. Lol ...and Awesome! about your trips. Similiar to us we wanted a last minute trip to see Wishes one last time for only 1 night and waitlisted Bay Lake Tower 1 bed villa and got it! Such a tease to be there only 1 night. We loved BLT, and love GFV and Kidani (our home), but also enjoy most of the others too. Our long trip will be 11/29-12/12 this year at Kidani. May change and do a spilt stay but for now we have that booked. ;)
I could probably stay at AKL all week long and never step foot in a park. We really do love it, but I know our heart is at PVB and oddly OKW. Those three are our top 3 with AKL and OKW close to a tie.

We've been owners for 13 years so lots of stays and all over the place too. It's my goal to get my family as a whole to stay at all DVC WDW properties. We just have SSR, VGF and VWL (combining still in my head like I do with AKL) left as a family. We need to decide where we want to be next year and I'm sure that will be tough.

So glad you got your one night stay at BLT for the end of Wishes. It's so nice when the waitlist goes through. I swear they've gotten better with those over time.

sxeensweet

Yes they seem to have gotten better with waitlist I agree. And that is our goal to also stay at all of the DVC resorts eventually but so hard when you have your favorites! Lol We stayed at numerous Deluxes/Deluxe villa resorts before joining in 2013 so got a head start before we were members. That's what made us want to join was we always stayed in these resorts anyway so why not buy in and over time save money. We would have never been able to take 2 week trips if we had not joined.
Anywho can't wait to see which toiletries you have at BCV soon and hope you have a wonderful trip. ;)

correcaminos

Yes they seem to have gotten better with waitlist I agree. And that is our goal to also stay at all of the DVC resorts eventually but so hard when you have your favorites! Lol We stayed at numerous Deluxes/Deluxe villa resorts before joining in 2013 so got a head start before we were members. That's what made us want to join was we always stayed in these resorts anyway so why not buy in and over time save money. We would have never been able to take 2 week trips if we had not joined.
Anywho can't wait to see which toiletries you have at BCV soon and hope you have a wonderful trip. ;)
Thanks! Hopefully this time I will take pictures of them. At least I will take note of what is there. I bring my own shampoo, but the rest of the family uses their shampoo. We all use the rest.

sxeensweet

Thanks! Hopefully this time I will take pictures of them. At least I will take note of what is there. I bring my own shampoo, but the rest of the family uses their shampoo. We all use the rest.

You're very welcome! Yeah I bring my own shampoo and also body wash etc. We usually just save the resort ones to bring home and donate a bunch of them each year to a local women's shelter or other shelters near Christmas. So no biggy what they have in the rooms for us. I like both the Spa Sea salt and Grapefruit Bergamont so either way would be good. I do like the Castle detail though on the Spa Sea salt bottles. That is a nice touch. I had some of those I kept a stash but may have lost them in the flood last August. Just don't remember and we have not unpacked what we did have left yet. Hoping I still have some. ;)

correcaminos

You're very welcome! Yeah I bring my own shampoo and also body wash etc. We usually just save the resort ones to bring home and donate a bunch of them each year to a local women's shelter or other shelters near Christmas. So no biggy what they have in the rooms for us. I like both the Spa Sea salt and Grapefruit Bergamont so either way would be good. I do like the Castle detail though on the Spa Sea salt bottles. That is a nice touch. I had some of those I kept a stash but may have lost them in the flood last August. Just don't remember and we have not unpacked what we did have left yet. Hoping I still have some. ;)
Sounds like us, we donate ours too, though last few times we've done carry on only so we can't always just take it with us. Though we're TSA pre-check now and they don't seem to care about how much we have :eek:

I will definitely have to pay attention to what we have in the room. For a while the soap was drying my skin out too much, but last few times it's been fine, but I didn't pay attention to what was on the wrapper. The soap (body) is all I use out of what they give us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom