resort hopping

Mr_Tom_Morrow

Original Poster
I was thinking about taking a day and just go around to the many resorts and check them out. I live close by so Im not staying at a resort or anything and as far as i know alot of the bus transportation is for guests staying at the resorts. I really dont feel like driving to and from each one. Is there an easier way to do this?

RiversideBunny

You can catch the resort buses at any park.
No questions asked.

Chances are that you are going to spend some money at WDW so it's a win win.
:)

djpoore94

True, the bus transportation is for resort guests only, but we have never been asked to prove we are staying onsite and used the buses a couple of times when we did stay off site.

Just keep in mind that the buses do not go from resort to resort, you have to go from a resort to a theme park, DTD or a water park and vice-versa, so you would have to do a lot of transferring.

DisneyJoe

I would park in the Epcot parking lot and take the monorail to the Transportation and Ticket Center then switch to the resort monorail.

Visit the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and Contemporary Resort.

If you want to visit the Wilderness Lodge, take a boat to the lodge from the Contemporary and then back again.

After the Contemporary, take the monorail to the TTC, and then take the monorail to Epcot.

Walk thru Epcot, and visit the Yacht Club, Beach Club and Boardwalk Inn, and possibly the Swan/Dolphin.

Then return to Epcot and get your car.

That will cover all Deluxe Resorts except for the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Chrononymous

We resort hop on every trip.

And yeah...it can take a while by bus, but some buses will cover multiple resorts(like the Boardwalk and Coranado Springs bus)

and of course you can walk all the way around the lagoon to visit every EPCOT resort. That's easy!

And you can take the Monorail to all the MK resorts.

DTD is a good place to go to get to any resort. And you don't have to pay for parking.

RiversideBunny

We once took the Grand Floridian bus from Animal Kingdom. We weren't staying at the Grand Floridian but since it was Christmas time we went to see the ginger bread house.
At AK the Grand Floridian bus stop is Stop #1, right up front. It was fun to stand there with the other 6 or so people and pretend that we were big shots.

People who are staying at one resort often use the buses and the monorail and the boats to go to another resort.
:king:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
We once took the Grand Floridian bus from Animal Kingdom. We weren't staying at the Grand Floridian but since it was Christmas time we went to see the ginger bread house.
At AK the Grand Floridian bus stop is Stop #1, right up front. It was fun to stand there with the other 6 or so people and pretend that we were big shots.

People who are staying at one resort often use the buses and the monorail and the boats to go to another resort.
:king:

You should have ate some feathered chicken while there...that would have REALLY showed them how big shot you are...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom