Resort Front Gates?

Raineman

Original Poster
Just a quick question on the front gate attendant booth at the WDW resorts (I was not driving the only other time I stayed at a WDW resort, so I wasn't paying attention)-when you drive up to the front gate at a resort, do you have to show the gate attendant anything-itinerary, booking receipt, etc, or do you just have to give them the name on the booking?

COProgressFan

All you have to provide them is your ID and tell them what you're there for and they'll wave you through.

I generally find even if you're not staying at the resort (going there for dinner, etc.) they always want to see your license. Not exactly sure why, they don't scan it in or anything. It's a bizarre practice. I guess they want to see that you are an actual person with an actual identity apparently. I hear they've been having a problem with inter-planetary drivers taking up all the spots at the monorail resorts.

DisneyFans4Life

I generally find even if you're not staying at the resort (going there for dinner, etc.) they always want to see your license. Not exactly sure why, they don't scan it in or anything. It's a bizarre practice. I guess they want to see that you are an actual person with an actual identity apparently. I hear they've been having a problem with inter-planetary drivers taking up all the spots at the monorail resorts.
The only time I've ever seen them actually check was for a dinner at GF July 3rd and dinner at Poly July 4th. The line to get into the parking lot was quite long and they were checking your ID against a reservation list to make sure you actually had a reason to be there.

A couple weeks ago my wife and I drove over to POR just to buy a POR pin (they were out of stock when we stayed there last). I told the guard I was going to buy a pin, showed him my ID and he waved me right on in. I honestly think you could tell them almost anything and get in to park (for free) and then bus over to the park.

alissafalco

When I stayed at the BW last month, when we first arrived they checked my name to the reservation and asked to see my ID. From then on after there is a separate lane for guests to drive through and I had to scan my band for the gate to open.

Last edited:

DABIGCHEEZ

I was just at PORS and I didn't have to scan my band? They just asked for ID and checked me off a list. Front desk gave me a parking pass and I never put it in my car, no one checks for a parking pass. I guess it's for me to drive in out of the resort if I wanted. In general you can go to any resort, show an ID and park all day. No one would know or care unless it was super busy or something like that.

That is odd...When we were there in August, they asked to scan my band at each resort to which we went. Maybe it is just the DVC resorts(those are the only ones we went to), so maybe that is why. I am sure the old ID procedure must be in place as a back up though if/when things go down.

EpcotCenter82

I'd bet that when you show them your license, there is a camera somewhere that's recording it's image.

DisneyFans4Life

I was just at PORS and I didn't have to scan my band? They just asked for ID and checked me off a list. Front desk gave me a parking pass and I never put it in my car, no one checks for a parking pass. I guess it's for me to drive in out of the resort if I wanted. In general you can go to any resort, show an ID and park all day. No one would know or care unless it was super busy or something like that.
The parking pass is for the parks. As you're driving up to the tennant, they see the parking pass and know you're staying on property and can wave you through without making you stop to pay for parking or scan your MB.

dreamfinder

Was this when you first showed up to check in? At that point not all guests would have a MB (or a parking pass for that matter) so the guard would check you in. For the duration of your trip you should have been able to use your MB at the unattended gate to gain admittance to the resort.

Rob562

You mean the bus gate? Thought that was just for buses?

At most resorts there is a second lane immediately to the right of the one at the guard shack. That's for people with Bands/cards/etc to enter by scanning the Band/card. It's also the lane that buses use when entering the resort at that entry point.

But note that these are *not* the entry gates at some resorts that are totally unmanned that buses sometimes use. Those gates are un-signed and are not intended for Guest to use, only buses and other Disney/service vehicles. Off the top of my head there are such gates at CBR, Saratoga Springs, between Yacht and Beach and between POFQ and POR.

-Rob

Innkeeper's Club

At most resorts there is a second lane immediately to the right of the one at the guard shack. That's for people with Bands/cards/etc to enter by scanning the Band/card. It's also the lane that buses use when entering the resort at that entry point.

But note that these are *not* the entry gates at some resorts that are totally unmanned that buses sometimes use. Those gates are un-signed and are not intended for Guest to use, only buses and other Disney/service vehicles. Off the top of my head there are such gates at CBR, Saratoga Springs, between Yacht and Beach and between POFQ and POR.

-Rob
The Boardwalk has that second lane where guests staying there can scan their MagicBands when returning, so they don't need to wait in the line on the guard shack side. However the Disney Transport Buses and Magical Express buses don't enter on that side. On Epcot Resort BLVD there is another entrance with a barrier where they enter from.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom