Resort Bucket List

Doug Means

Original Poster
I have always had a dream to visit every resort at WDW before i die. so i am starting to make a list of the order to which i want to proceed. I would love some help from anyone who wants to give their opinion. Should i go Low, Medium, high and repeat until done, or do all the lows, then all med, then all the highs? what do you think the order would be for you. Ive already stayed at All star Movies, Sports, and Music, and the AoA and Port Orleans. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

CaptainAmerica

I'd go in reverse order of prestige. Strictly my opinion, of course:

Tier 0: Fort Wilderness (Camping)
Tier 1: All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music
Tier 2: Pop Century
Tier 3: Art of Animation
Tier 4: Caribbean Beach
Tier 5: Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter
Tier 6: Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Fort Wilderness (Cabins)
Tier 7: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge
Tier 8: Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk
Tier 9: Polynesian, Contemporary
Tier 10: Grand Floridian

21stamps

I want to do tent camping at Fort Wilderness. During the month of November only.

That's my personal bucket list. Hopefully I'll do it someday!

For your order I'd plan like this.. (order of start to finish)

1. AKL
2. Yacht or Beach Club.
3. Wilderness Lodge or Fort Wilderness.
4. Contemporary
5. The Boardwalk.
6. Grand Floridian
7. Polynesian

durangojim

I'd do the Epcot resorts during food and wine or New Years. I'd do the monorail resorts any time you'd like along with all the others. One other option would be to spend 2 nights at each resort so that you could experience a full day and night at each resort and do
Multiple resorts during one stay. Start at a value then mod then finish at a deluxe.

correcaminos

Good news is you only have one value left. I would do it smd get it out of the way. Going from mod to deluxe is not as bad as deluxe to value. I would value Ft Wilderness cabins as a moderate when I say it that way though the transportation there is not bad. In my early DVC years we would often go from those resorts to mods though so I would just go with the flow on what excites you next. Just don't try the jump from deluxe to value as it is a bug jump IMO

s&k'smom

I've been blessed enough to stay at the Grand Floridian so I'm doing the staying at a new resort each trip saga. This time we are at Wilderness Lodge which will be a first for my daughter. Next trip mom picks lol

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I have always had a dream to visit every resort at WDW before i die. so i am starting to make a list of the order to which i want to proceed. I would love some help from anyone who wants to give their opinion. Should i go Low, Medium, high and repeat until done, or do all the lows, then all med, then all the highs? what do you think the order would be for you. Ive already stayed at All star Movies, Sports, and Music, and the AoA and Port Orleans. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Well, there's the logical approach, which would be to hit up whichever one has a decent rate that you haven't stayed in yet.

But I prefer the FIFO approach. Hit them in the order in which they were built. And you gotta find somebody to get you into Golf Resort/Disney Inn/Shades of Green.

Lets Respect

I would skip around and not order them by price or whatever.

I would also do some split stays where maybe you start at a Value or Mod, and then jump to a Deluxe for the second half.

The only one that is left that I want to stay at is Animal Kingdom Lodge. We've done Beach Club, don't feel a need to do Boardwalk. We've done the Contemporary, don't feel a need to do the GF or Poly (visiting is fun). Stayed at Wilderness Lodge, that was great. And Old Key West. Still trying to delete that one from my memory.

Hockey89

I'd go in reverse order of prestige. Strictly my opinion, of course:

Tier 0: Fort Wilderness (Camping)
Tier 1: All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music
Tier 2: Pop Century
Tier 3: Art of Animation
Tier 4: Caribbean Beach
Tier 5: Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter
Tier 6: Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Fort Wilderness (Cabins)
Tier 7: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge
Tier 8: Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk
Tier 9: Polynesian, Contemporary
Tier 10: Grand Floridian
Contemporary is just so blah.... IMHO.... I like YC, BC BW, AK, WL all over Polynesian too.... Locations for YC, BC and Boardwalk are the best for this guy

Hockey89

I want to do tent camping at Fort Wilderness. During the month of November only.

That's my personal bucket list. Hopefully I'll do it someday!

For your order I'd plan like this.. (order of start to finish)

1. AKL
2. Yacht or Beach Club.
3. Wilderness Lodge or Fort Wilderness.
4. Contemporary
5. The Boardwalk.
6. Grand Floridian
7. Polynesian
.... I think AKL is the best most fun place... I just wish it was closer.... That's why YC and BC win for this guy

rob0519

Ok lets play a very negative devils advocate. What if something happens and you have only stayed at value:eek: I would do one value, one moderate, and one deluxe and then repeat! :joyfull:

I found once I stayed at a Deluxe, I never wanted to go backwards. Disney's pricing may force me to the moderates in the near future or maybe even offsite.

CaptainAmerica

Contemporary is just so blah.... IMHO.... I like YC, BC BW, AK, WL all over Polynesian too.... Locations for YC, BC and Boardwalk are the best for this guy

.... I think AKL is the best most fun place... I just wish it was closer.... That's why YC and BC win for this guy
My outline was an attempt to lay out how I think "most people" perceive the prestige level of the various resorts. My personal preference would be to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge every single trip until I die.

I found once I stayed at a Deluxe, I never wanted to go backwards. Disney's pricing may force me to the moderates in the near future or maybe even offsite.
I generally agree, with the exception of the Ft. Wilderness cabins. I think they're a great option for a "regular" size family to stay comfortably without breaking the bank.

I'd probably go "off site" to the Wyndham Bonnet Creek before I went to a moderate, strictly due to space.

21stamps

My outline was an attempt to lay out how I think "most people" perceive the prestige level of the various resorts. My personal preference would be to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge every single trip until I die.

I generally agree, with the exception of the Ft. Wilderness cabins. I think they're a great option for a "regular" size family to stay comfortably without breaking the bank.

I'd probably go "off site" to the Wyndham Bonnet Creek before I went to a moderate, strictly due to space.

Here's my question regarding Ft Wliderness- why can I not get a campsite there???
Are they really full again this year.. or is it the stupid "book a campsite for FP" bookings taking them up?

(Sorry OP)

CaptainAmerica

Here's my question regarding Ft Wliderness- why can I not get a campsite there???
Are they really full again this year.. or is it the stupid "book a campsite for FP" bookings taking them up?

(Sorry OP)
What time of year? The camp sites are extremely popular in the late fall, winter, and early spring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom