Reservation Points to Grand Floridian or Poly Resort??

Yoop33

Original Poster
I am trying to find out exactly how these points work and ultimatly find out what are the differences in worth between Villa points and other resort points. Currently I am on a waiting list for SSR and DWL but am thinking I am not gonna be able to get in. I was thinking of using some point to stay at one of these other resorts but am unsure of how it works and how many points it is going to use. I tried looking on DVCmembers.com and it wasn't very helpful. Any help is thanked.

dflye

Here is the point chart for 2006 (not sure if you are looking to book next year or this year....this year is a few points cheaper per night in most cases.)

Staying in a non-DVC resort will usually cost you a lot more points per night for the same level of accommodations, unfortunately.

DVC-WDW-2005.jpg

dflye

Yoop33 said:
This is perfect... where did you find it?
That's from the members only part of the DVC web site at http://www.disneyvacationclub.com

There are various copies of most of their point cost charts out on the net elsewhere, I'm just in the habit of pasting in a graphic rather than trying to hunt down another source when someone asks, since I can just pull it off the member site! :)

GrowingUpDisney

Keep in mind - If you decide to book at a non-DVC Disney resort, the points are (in a sense) removed from inventory. Basically, If you commit points to a Non-DVC room and your waitlist comes available, you can't cancel that non-dvc ressie and use those points for the waitlisted room. The points are are converted at that time.

Niki

Yoop33

Original Poster
Do the non-DVC rooms fill just as fast as the Villas during that first week in December? I am trying to figure out if that the waiting list does not go through that I would still be able to get a reservation in at a another resort (non-DVC) in time before they sell out.

GrowingUpDisney

In your original post you said you are on waitlist for SSR & VWL. I would have them waitlist every DVC property. Its better to use points at DVC than non-DVC. We have three differnt waitlist come available for our upcoming trip and the all came available just over 30 days prior to our travel dates. Remember - If guest do not cancel at least 30 days out the points go into holding. Most guest who are going to cancel may wait right up until the last minute. Then you would get the waitlist call.

Also, have you considered a resort change. When we go next week, we are in a 2BR at BCV fri - Wed and then a 1BR at VWL wed - Sat. Sometimes you have to be creative to get what you want. Maybe some nights are available at a certain resort then you could switch resorts for the remainder of your stay. You can always switch from DVC to Non-DVC mid trip also if that is the only thing available when you book.

Niki

Yoop33

Original Poster
Thanks Niki. I think I will call them in the morning and have them place me on the list for all the resorts. I asked yesterday about the changing resort idea and because they were all filled as of right now anyway they wouldn't be able to give me anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom