Requesting Your Rank Speculation: If ROL debuts by November, what will the performance time(s) be?

Weather_Lady

I'm trying to decide whether to shift our Boma ADR on our 11/15 AK day (currently at 6pm - a 5pm slot is available but will take an undesirable "bite" out of our afternoon downtime), in order to allow us to be back at AK in time for "Rivers of Light." What are your educated guesses, uneducated guesses, gut feelings, or Magic 8-ball predictions on the following:

1 - Will ROL debut by November 15th, or should I not even bother trying to plan around it?
2 - How many shows do you think will there be per night? 2 or 3 (a la Jungle Book), or just one?
3 - If the sun starts to set at 5:30pm in mid-November (with nautical twilight, or full dark, commencing near 7pm), for what time(s) would the show be scheduled? (The park's hours for November were changed last week and it's currently scheduled to close at 7pm daily -- should I take this as any sort of sign that ROL would be happening at park close, right at 7pm - the same time Fantasmic! will be happening at HS on those nights? Or does the fact that "full dark" won't be achieved until 7pm suggest that the hours are more likely to be extended later, since otherwise guests won't be able to experience the other advertised after-dark experiences like nighttime safaris and the Tree of Life awakening? Frankly, if AK retains the 7pm closing and does ROL at that time, it might not even be worth returning to AK after dinner even if we took the earlier Boma ADR, since we'd arrive just in time to catch a show but then would have to leave immediately afterwards...)

Yes, I realize this is nothing more than a guessing game, but if Disney won't release schedules in time for us to make FP+ (let alone ADRs) around them, guessing is the only option I've got! I welcome your thoughts.

Last edited:

Greg H

I will be curious as well to hear people's thoughts on this... It is going to be popular, so I am guessing 2-3 shows. Given what I have read here and elsewhere it sounds like mid November is realistic. I think Thanksgiving is a wonderful target date, but given the crowds, it would make sense to me that they would want to open it during a less busy time (e.g., 1-2 weeks leading up to Thanksgiving). I think, if it opens, we are looking at extended hours beyond the current 7:00 posted times. Maybe have a show at dusk, one at park close, and one between those times... This is all total guess work :) Fun to think about it though!

Upvote 0

Jess G

If I could guess they'll probably run it similar to fantasmic. Some nights 1 show other nights 2 shows when its a more busy time. We can most likely expect some sort of dinner package. I'm thinking 7:30 or 8 pm. I'll be there mid November as well. I left 2 evenings open between the times of 5-9 hoping to catch ROL one (or both) of those nights.

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

I also think the timing for the first show will be in line with Fantasmic's times. But since the seating capacity for ROL is so much smaller, I think they'll run 2 shows a night ( although perhaps not every night of the week during slower times of the year). Then add a 3 Rd show during busy periods.

I think they'd be smart to debut the show at least a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving, due to the likely very heavy crowds that would want to see it. But given the mess they've made of this whole thing, who knows what they'll do.

Upvote 0

Kuzcotopia

I'll be at AK on October 30th. We're hoping for at least a soft opening, and I'm planning a 7:30 or 8:00 start time for the first show.

If it doesn't happen, fine. But if it's there. . . I'm checking this site about every hour ever day in case they add FP or a dinner package on that day.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

This of course is just rumor and speculation, but a relative that works for DW told me that his friend who works at AK was told to be prepared for a soft opening in a couple of weeks and a confirmed opening date just after Halloween. I am guessing they woukd start testing one show a night and if all goes well bump it to 2 shows for the busy Thanksgiving week

Upvote 0

prfctlyximprct

This of course is just rumor and speculation, but a relative that works for DW told me that his friend who works at AK was told to be prepared for a soft opening in a couple of weeks and a confirmed opening date just after Halloween. I am guessing they woukd start testing one show a night and if all goes well bump it to 2 shows for the busy Thanksgiving week
Gosh i wish we could just know for sure already! Am there from the 4th to the 13th and I'm so afraid it's gonna debut on the last day when I'm flying home! I am prepared to switch all my plans around.. please disney I must know!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom