requesting late check out??

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Usually the latest is 12pm in our experience. We always want a later check out but they rarely give it to us. And deny one almost every single time and if we got one it was 12pm. So annoying! No other hotel at any other destination in the US we visit have we not been granted a late check out of at least 1pm even in suites much like the size of the DVC villas etc that take longer to clean. Especially at the Deluxe/ DVC resorts (we always stay at those) like Kidani/AKL, Saratoga, Boardwalk, VGF (they were nicer and gave us one usually) , they always give us a hard time to request one even if we do it when we arrive. Some people have gotten 1pm before. They cannot charge you until after 2pm if you just decided to stay on your own or if you request those times. 2pm they can charge you 1/2 nights stay and after 4pm they can charge you 1 nights stay. We know from talking to a manager about that policy. ;)

Last edited:

Jess G

Original Poster
Usually the latest is 12pm in our experience. We always want a later check out but they rarely give it to us. And deny one almost every single time and if we got one it was 12pm. So annoying! No other hotel at any other destination in the US we visit have we not been granted a late check out of at least 1pm even in suites much like the size of the DVC villas etc that take longer to clean. Especially at the Deluxe/ DVC resorts (we always stay at those) like Kidani/AKL, Saratoga, Boardwalk, VGF (they were nicer and gave us one usually) , they always give us a hard time to request one even if we do it when we arrive. Some people have gotten 1pm before. They cannot charge you until after 2pm if you just decided to stay on your own or if you request those times. 2pm they can charge you 1/2 nights stay and after 4pm they can charge you 1 nights stay. We know from talking to a manager about that policy. ;)

Are you saying basically I can just stay till 1 if I really wanted to? lol .. That's what time I was really hoping for :/

sxeensweet

Are you saying basically I can just stay till 1 if I really wanted to? lol .. That's what time I was really hoping for :/

Of course ask for a late check out when you arrive and check the day before you leave as well. But yes I have gotten out later than my time before but do note they may keep coming to your room and bugging you to leave. (Shoot they started coming to our room over an hour BEFORE check out time about 10am or earlier! Lol). I don't advise that but just wanted to tell you the rules on when they can start charging you which is 2pm and after. I am a stickler for following the rules and such but I am always late getting out of our room
It never fails! Lol ;)

DManRightHere

Is that a state or resort policy?

jrogue

Is this because you would like to stay at the parks longer or the room longer? If you want to stay at the parks longer you can keep the early check out and the bell hops will hold your baggage until you leave.

Jess G

Original Poster
Is this because you would like to stay at the parks longer or the room longer? If you want to stay at the parks longer you can keep the early check out and the bell hops will hold your baggage until you leave.

I would like to stay at the room longer. We're late sleepers and we have an ADR at boma the day of check out @ 10:15 (I'm staying at AKL) so I was hoping I could get my stuff together after the ADR and then proceed to resort hop my final day :)

jrogue

I would like to stay at the room longer. We're late sleepers and we have an ADR at boma the day of check out @ 10:15 (I'm staying at AKL) so I was hoping I could get my stuff together after the ADR and then proceed to resort hop my final day :)

Ahh, understandable! Crossing my fingers then for you for your late check out!

parkhopper1213

Has anybody ever requested a late check out... If so, what time do they give you until? .. Is there an extra charge?

Thanks in advance :)
Yes we requested late check out when we have a flight that leaves late in the day. Talk to the hotel manager. They will give you late check out at no extra cost up until a certain time. After that, you may have to pay. The baggage folks can hold your bags until you are ready to leave for the airport. On days like that, we wind up going to the park for few hours. Getting our bags and hop on the Magical Express.

wdwfan22

Housekeeping actually determines the number of late check outs available. Your best bet is to call them first thing on your departure day. And to those who said you can't be charged until 2 are incorrect, you can be charged 1/2 days rent anytime after noon.

disney4life2008

Ironically, I have been in my room as late as 130pm (not suggested). But I have never been bugged out. The only place that starts knocking at 8am is Super 8 and Holiday Inn Express.

sxeensweet

Housekeeping actually determines the number of late check outs available. Your best bet is to call them first thing on your departure day. And to those who said you can't be charged until 2 are incorrect, you can be charged 1/2 days rent anytime after noon.

The housekeeping manager told us this and the manager working the front desk also told/confirmed this info of 2pm for 1/2 nights stay and 4pm a whole nights stay.
So I don't know how it's incorrect. And I have stayed many times until about 1pm (also not suggested) without late checkout and was never charged at numerous places across property. So it seems to be correct info that we got confirmation of last October 2015 at Kidani. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom