Request for an earlier dining

Gojira ゴジラ

Original Poster
Hi all,

I booked my Nov cruise early this year (Feb), the main seating was already full, so they put us on the second seating. I asked my agent to request for the main seating and a table for just me and wife, but she never heard back from Disney.

So yesterday I emailed DCL, they told me that they saw my requests but wouldn't be able to tell until the sailing date. I explained to him that this was for a health reason, but still he insisted that he couldn't tell until the sailing date. Is this true? Or should I just call them instead?

Thank you

MaryJaneP

Not sure. On our first DCL cruise, we sat with another family. Our five and their 3 made a nice 8 at the table. On our next cruise, a new family of 4, husband, wife and 2 very young kids, asked for their own table (highchairs, etc). I spoke with Dad (very nice family) after our first meal, and he stated similar to what you posted. He asked upon booking and was told they could not guarantee it until after boarding on day of departure. He also asked for main seating but was given 2nd seating. Just FYI, our tables were about 24 inches apart. DCL had merely pulled an 8 seat combined table into probably what was three tables, with one for the young couple, and the other two for us. If it is a health reason, you may do better with choosing your own dining times and seating arrangements at the buffet (Cabanas or whatever they call it these days).

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Hi all,

I booked my Nov cruise early this year (Feb), the main seating was already full, so they put us on the second seating. I asked my agent to request for the main seating and a table for just me and wife, but she never heard back from Disney.

So yesterday I emailed DCL, they told me that they saw my requests but wouldn't be able to tell until the sailing date. I explained to him that this was for a health reason, but still he insisted that he couldn't tell until the sailing date. Is this true? Or should I just call them instead?

Thank you
If it's for a health reason (I assume an eating schedule, such as diabetes requires?) then you should contact DCL directly over the phone. The odds are very good you can get things moved around, but I'd be honest about what the "medical conditions" require that you eat at 5p v 7p if you expect them to pay you any mind...even though they can't and won't ask.

DisneyJoe

If your agent has you on the waitlist with DCL for main dining, it can come through before the actual sail date, they just don't want to promise anything sooner.

You will definitely find out when you check in at the port, and if you need to switch it then and they cannot handle it, they will most likely tell you to see the Head Server or Guest Services on the ship. I know they move people around frequently.

Gojira ゴジラ

Original Poster
If your agent has you on the waitlist with DCL for main dining, it can come through before the actual sail date, they just don't want to promise anything sooner.

You will definitely find out when you check in at the port, and if you need to switch it then and they cannot handle it, they will most likely tell you to see the Head Server or Guest Services on the ship. I know they move people around frequently.

Thanks much @DisneyJoe

heathertwins

My mom is also DIAB type II and I wondered about the second seating. Knowing that she can book room service while she is getting ready for the early shows, have a snack outside from the Cabanas at anytime has made me realise that the 2nd seating is going to be great. I think we will all shift our eating/ napping/ sleeping times. I am looking forward to the early shows, then dinner with a more relaxing feel to the meal. I've heard great things about the 2nd seating -- less younger kids. It sounds nice not feeling rushed to leave your meal because the next group has arrived. all the best for whatever you choose/ or are able to change...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom