Repainting of Epcot Central Plaza?

DisneyGentleman

It's the StripMallification of EPCOT.
Just as Werner Weiss has pages on Buildings that Inspired Hollywood Studios, I'd like to start a discussion on buildings that inspired the new Innoventions.

Here is one, with a better color selection...

LpfUOYs.jpg

Surly someone can do better...

The Empress Lilly

Just as Werner Weiss has pages on Buildings that Inspired Hollywood Studios, I'd like to start a discussion on buildings that inspired the new Innoventions.

Here is one, with a better color selection...

LpfUOYs.jpg

Surly someone can do better...
That's hilarious!

Residence arc en ciel by Bernard Bühler. Very now. (But that's the point, it works for 2014 buildings, it is less suited to bring thirty year old buildings 'up to date'. That is akin to painting hip(ster) colours on the Empire State Building. It leaves a building that fails as both a classic and a modern one)

buhler-photo7-photomonthiers.jpg

Last edited:

Soarin' Over Pgh

That's hilarious!

Residence arc en ciel by Bernard Bühler. Very now. (But that's the point, it works for 2014 buildings, it is less suited to bring thirty year old buildings 'up to date'. That is akin to painting hip(ster) colours on the Empire State Building. It leaves a building that fails as both a classic and a modern one)

I actually like that. It looks like an abstract box of colored pencils glued to a building in varying thicknesses.

My inner geek kinda squealed over it. I approve.

As much as a failure as it is, it sure is unique.

donaldtoo

That's hilarious!

Can y'all say... "Cruise ship on acid"? :confused: ;)

gmajew

Premium Member
Does anyone have a recent picture of the painting? I am holding judgement until I see a completed building as looking at work in progress can look like crap early and come together with final pieces.

NormC

It is not finished. They are still there working on it. I doubt that the ugly haphazard paint scheme is the final product. I have no inside information. I only have doubts. I could very well be wrong and we could be stuck with that kindergarten paint job but I am hopefully optimistic.

jt04

That's hilarious!

This makes me feel ill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom