Renting three rooms? Impossible?

cursivesailor

Original Poster
I have never rented from a DVC site. Next fall is my parents 40th anniversary, and they are wanting to take the whole family (three grown couples) to Disney.

We have never stayed at the nicer hotels, and I think if we rented the studios at Animal Kingdom, it would still be within our budget.

My question is.... How hard is it to get three studio rooms through the rental sites? We wont mind being on different floors or areas, as long as we are all at the same hotel.

Thanks for advise, in advance!

bpadair32

It shouldn't be hard to get 3 studios at AKV IMO. That being said, it might be cheaper to get a 3 bedroom villa than 3 studios. Ive never done the math on it so I am not sure but it would be worth looking into.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It shouldn't be hard to get 3 studios at AKV IMO. That being said, it might be cheaper to get a 3 bedroom villa than 3 studios. Ive never done the math on it so I am not sure but it would be worth looking into.
This.^^^

Compare the cost of getting everyone into a single room. It is often comparable or less expensive than multiple rooms. It will also open up more options as you will only need a single room at a resort vs 3.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
This.^^^

Compare the cost of getting everyone into a single room. It is often comparable or less expensive than multiple rooms. It will also open up more options as you will only need a single room at a resort vs 3.
Yes totally agree and to add, a 2 bedroom villa at Kidani Village has 3 full bathrooms, 2 beds in one bedroom, 1 bed in master, and a sofa bed in living room. Also the 3 bed Grand Villa has 3 seperate bedrooms. So I would price those 2 options at Kidani. Kidani the rooms are bigger, nicer and our fave overall over Jambo House and has extra full bathroom in each room category (except the studios only have one at both) over Jambo if all this matters to you. Also you would have a full kitchen and washer/dryer in the villas as opposed to studios as well.
But if want 3 seperate rooms for privacy reasons as sometimes all adults do then I don't see it being a problem getting 3 studios especially at Kidani that the whole resort is for DVC rooms and has plenty of them. Jambi might be harder to get three at one time because they do not have as many of them. Also time of year can play a factor as studios always disappear first as it takes the least amount of points. The fall is a popular time for DVC members but if you book early enough it should not be a problem to rent. :)

Last edited:

cursivesailor

Original Poster
Maybe I am missing something...
6 nights at an AKL Studio = $798
6 nights at an AKL 3 bedroom = $6258

So 3 Studios is still only $2394 which is no where near 6200. But maybe I am missing something that yall are suggesting.

I think 3 separate sleeping areas is best for three couples, plus I dont want anyone stuck on a sofa-bed for a week. Thats why I was initially thinking about trying to get three studios.

Thanks yall!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Maybe I am missing something...
6 nights at an AKL Studio = $798
6 nights at an AKL 3 bedroom = $6258

So 3 Studios is still only $2394 which is no where near 6200. But maybe I am missing something that yall are suggesting.

I think 3 separate sleeping areas is best for three couples, plus I dont want anyone stuck on a sofa-bed for a week. Thats why I was initially thinking about trying to get three studios.

Thanks yall!
Just to note no one would be on a sofa bed. There is 3 total actual beds plus the sofa bed. 2 beds in one bedroom, and 1 bed in the master. This is info for a 2 bedroom Villa not the 3 bedroom Grand Villa you priced.
I just mentioned there was a sofa bed but it is not needed for 3 couples as there is 3 beds. And there would be 3 full bathrooms in a 2 bedroom Villa at Kidani. :)

slappy magoo

The OP might also want to check out David's Vacation Club Rentals. I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone who had a lot of points who could easily break down their use to 3 studios in VAK. A Sun-Sat trip in October or most of November, 3 rooms with a Savannah view would be $4410. Standard view, $3330. Conversely, a 2BR Savannah view, as @sxeensweet suggested, would rent for $3720. Standard view would only be $2880. And a Grand Villa would be either $6705 (standard view) or $7260 (Savannah).

Note - I'm assuming David's still charges $15 per point to book vacations. I could be wrong.

Glenn Stewart

I have never rented from a DVC site. Next fall is my parents 40th anniversary, and they are wanting to take the whole family (three grown couples) to Disney.

We have never stayed at the nicer hotels, and I think if we rented the studios at Animal Kingdom, it would still be within our budget.

My question is.... How hard is it to get three studio rooms through the rental sites? We wont mind being on different floors or areas, as long as we are all at the same hotel.

i have points at AKV if your interested

Glenn Stewart

i can get you 3 studios or 1 bedrooms if you like.

cursivesailor

Original Poster
While appreciate the offer, I don't think I feel comfortable going through an individual. I think I'm going to go through one of the sites just for the peace of mind they would provide.

Thank you so much for the offer though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom