renting point at 11 months or waiting - PO Studio/AK Studio in September

fgth

Original Poster
Hello,

I've read many subjects here and my question has probably not real response but let me try :

I'm preparing a New Orleans/WDW trip, probably in 2017.

I've discovered the DVC rental very recently (I'm French, living in France, Disney DVC is thus very new to me !!!) and it sounds very interesting.

I will be visiting WDW probably in the begining of September (let's say first half).

I would like to rent DVC points (I already know where to find them and how much it will cost me) but I don't know whether the Poly Studio (standard view) and AKV Studio (standard or Savanna view) are hard to obtain.

Thus, should I contact the DVC broker 11 months before my arrival date and tell him to book as soon as possible or are these DVC studios easily available for first half of september at the 7 months booking time ?

thank you in advance

epcotisbest

Hello,

I've read many subjects here and my question has probably not real response but let me try :

I've discovered the DVC rental very recently (I'm French, living in France, Disney DVC is thus very new to me !!!) and it sounds very interesting.

I will be visiting WDW probably in the begining of September (let's say first half).

I would like to rent DVC points (I already know where to find them and how much it will cost me) but I don't know whether the Poly Studio (standard view) and AKV Studio (standard or Savanna view) are hard to obtain.

Thus, should I contact the DVC broker 11 months before my arrival date and tell him to book as soon as possible or are these DVC studios easily available for first half of september at the 7 months booking time ?

thank you in advance
Those two are both hard to get for several reasons. First, the Poly is new and popular, so it has lots of demand with limited number of units. AKL has lower points required for a studio than some others making it seem like a bargain, so they get booked quickly for less points. Third, the Epcot Food and Wine festival and MNSSHP start earlier and earlier almost every September, again making the studios popular. Try to get a studio as early as possible, no need to wait. Also, perhaps consider some other DVC options. No need to limit your choices, as all are quite wonderful. We just got back from SSR in a one bedroom and loved it, and to me, it is probably the most underrated DVC.

fgth

Original Poster
Thank you for your reply.
I thought that the Poly was not so hard to get because of the big number of studios and regarding the AKV, I thought that the standard or savanna view were easy to get even 7 month before the arrival date. Nevertheless, I will follow your advice because I really want these two Resorts.

epcotisbest

Thank you for your reply.
I thought that the Poly was not so hard to get because of the big number of studios and regarding the AKV, I thought that the standard or savanna view were easy to get even 7 month before the arrival date. Nevertheless, I will follow your advice because I really want these two Resorts.
Well, hard to get is a relative term. Hard to get compared to what and when comes into play as well. You did mention first half of September, which is easier to get than maybe GFV in early July or late December. Good luck.

EOD K9

Hello,

thank you in advance
  1. D'ou est-ce que vous etes?

fgth

Original Poster
I'm living 20 km from Paris and I work in Paris
j'habite à 20 km de Paris et je travaille à Paris

EOD K9

I'm living 20 km from Paris and I work in Paris
j'habite à 20 km de Paris et je travaille à Paris
D'accord. J'adore Paris et votre pays. J'ai ete a Paris dans l'annees 2009, 2010, et il y a trois ans. Sorry, but I haven't figured out accent marks on here.

fgth

Original Poster
thank you. It is always a pleasure to read that foreign people like our country and especially Paris. I 'm working in the city of light since 20 years, near the Eiffel Tower, and I love to see "her" every day :)

slappy magoo

Hello,

thank you in advance

Those two are both hard to get for several reasons. First, the Poly is new and popular, so it has lots of demand with limited number of units. AKL has lower points required for a studio than some others making it seem like a bargain, so they get booked quickly for less points. Third, the Epcot Food and Wine festival and MNSSHP start earlier and earlier almost every September, again making the studios popular. Try to get a studio as early as possible, no need to wait. Also, perhaps consider some other DVC options. No need to limit your choices, as all are quite wonderful. We just got back from SSR in a one bedroom and loved it, and to me, it is probably the most underrated DVC.

no offense to @epcotisbest but in my experience, AKV isn't that hard to obtain, especially at the 11-month window, because a: the AKV is pretty big, I think it has nearly 800 differently configured units compared to 360 studio units over at Poly (plus the 20 bungalows but we're not going to price those out I'm sure!); and b: the AKV is, let's say, more remote than many of the other DVC resorts.

To the original poster, let me be specific, the Villas at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, the entire resort complex, is lovely, beautiful, and I will not say a bad thing about it. What some people consider to be a negative for the resort is how much further away it is from anything else on property except for the Animal Kingdom theme park. Too far away from the other parks for their liking. If you don't mind its remote location you'll love it.

I was looking at both resorts at my 11 month window and found many options. And once I got to the 7 month window, there were still plenty of options for VAK. Unless you're going at a prime vacation time, you should have no trouble with at least VAK.

epcotisbest

no offense to @epcotisbest but in my experience, AKV isn't that hard to obtain, especially at the 11-month window, because a: the AKV is pretty big, I think it has nearly 800 differently configured units compared to 360 studio units over at Poly (plus the 20 bungalows but we're not going to price those out I'm sure!); and b: the AKV is, let's say, more remote than many of the other DVC resorts.

To the original poster, let me be specific, the Villas at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, the entire resort complex, is lovely, beautiful, and I will not say a bad thing about it. What some people consider to be a negative for the resort is how much further away it is from anything else on property except for the Animal Kingdom theme park. Too far away from the other parks for their liking. If you don't mind its remote location you'll love it.

I was looking at both resorts at my 11 month window and found many options. And once I got to the 7 month window, there were still plenty of options for VAK. Unless you're going at a prime vacation time, you should have no trouble with at least VAK.
No offense taken. It is just in my experience, the studios at AKV seem to go quickly, because they are lower points, making them more desirable for us folks who like to stretch our days with lower points use. I think the studios there are a good value at one of the best resorts on property. The value studios I have found hard to get, but I could be looking at the wrong times.

fgth

Original Poster
Thank you both for your reply.

Since according to dvcrentalstore the price per point is 14.5$ for all resorts 0-7 Months Prior to Check-In and 14.5$ for Non-Premium Resorts (including AKV) 7-11 Months Prior to Check-In, I don't see why I wouldn't buy my points 7-11 Months Prior to Check-In. I will have more chance to have what I want.

As for AKV, when renting point, is it possible to request Jambo House or Kidani Village (I prefer the first location) ?

I'm more worried about the Poly Studios.

As I've already been to the WL in 1998, I won't choose this Resort again. But since I loved it, I would be very happy to see the magnificent AKL lobby (same architect if I'm correct). And I really felt in love with AK in 1998 (it has just opened 6 months before my visit, small park but so lovely) so I would be happy to be close to it. The remote location doesn't bother me. Lovely restaurants anyway.

slappy magoo

The value studios I have found hard to get, but I could be looking at the wrong times.
I'm pretty sure there are very few value studios compared to other studios. Same deal with Value 1 and 2 br units. Also pretty sure they were all Jambo house rooms that could not be expanded.
And FWIW, just checked availability at both resorts 7 months from now minus a few weeks starting January 8. Jambo? Not much available. Kidani? Studio Savannah available as well as other larger rooms. Polynesian? Studios available with and without a lake view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom