Rental Car at Resorts?

Ember

I tried searching for this, but way too many threads came up and didn't see any in the first few pages that addressed this question. Are there any car rental companies that will either drop off a car for you or pick up the car at the resort? We are going to be renting a car from the airport to travel to visit family and then returning to Orlando. I was hoping to drive straight to the resort instead of going back to the airport first.

yensid67

Try Enterprise Rental Car. We are arriving by Amtrak to Kissimmee and there are no car rentals at the station...Enterprise will be picking us up and then dropping us off.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Agree with Yensid on Enterprise. They will pick you up, take you to the Enterprise location to complete the rental paperwork and you are on your way. We did have to return the car to Enterprise, but after completing the return paperwork, they took us where we needed to go. My daughter used them at the last minute to get a rental car from the Amtrak station in New Orleans - they picked her up at the train station. When she got home, she dropped off the car at the nearest Enterprise location. I don't know of any rental car company that will drop off a rental car for you since you need to show your driver's license and other documentation before they will hand you the keys. Plus I wouldn't want to have the company pick up the car... would be worried about seeing a charge on my card for damages to the car that didn't exist when I finished using the car.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Alamo and National have a location at the Car Care Center. They have a van that can bring you to any of the parks (or Disney hotels) to drop you off after you return your car. (The van can also pick you up at your hotel if you're renting from them)
There's also an Alamo/National desk at the Dolphin, where you can then walk or boat to Epcot or the Studios.

Lastly, most major rental car companies have a desk at one of the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd if you're not interested in Alamo or National, and most also have a courtesy van. (Though I believe the Enterprise location is off Disney property)

-Rob

Upvote 0

wendysue

We have used Alamo and National from the WDW Car Care Center several times. They pick you up and bring you back. Have always had a good experience. You can have the front desk connect you directly with them.

Upvote 0

Wisconsin

I've seen the Alamo shuttle pick folks up from POP. How does one make a res for this ahead of time? On thei Alamo website? Could you type in POP Century for the pick up point?

Upvote 0

Rob562

I've seen the Alamo shuttle pick folks up from POP. How does one make a res for this ahead of time? On thei Alamo website? Could you type in POP Century for the pick up point?

When you reserve a car online with the Car Care Center as the pickup location, the confirmation email will have a phone number to call the day before to arrange the van.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Ember

Original Poster
Alamo and National both have offices at the Dolphin, as well, if you are staying at the BW or BC or coming or going to Epcot or the Studios
So, do you think if we rented from either one of them and dropped our stuff off at CBR and planned our Epcot day on our arrival day, that we could we just return the car at the Dolphin and head over to Epcot?

Upvote 0

Rob562

So, do you think if we rented from either one of them and dropped our stuff off at CBR and planned our Epcot day on our arrival day, that we could we just return the car at the Dolphin and head over to Epcot?

We did exactly that a few years ago. You'd just be entering through the International Gateway rather than the front gate.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Wisconsin

When you reserve a car online with the Car Care Center as the pickup location, the confirmation email will have a phone number to call the day before to arrange the van.

-Rob

Thank you for the info! We will definitely try it. So often we just want a car for a day or two...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom