Renovations at Boardwalk Villas

dizzney

I'm not sure if this has been discussed anywhere yet but I just received notice from Disney that the Boardwalk Luna Park Pool will be closed for refurb January through early February 2010. I assume it's a cleaning and repainting job. The letter said that Storm Along Bay would be available to use by Boardwalk guests during the closure.

How did you receive notice on this and did they specify the closure date, we havent heard anything and we're there from december 31st thru january 5th?????

bw981

How did you receive notice on this and did they specify the closure date, we havent heard anything and we're there from december 31st thru january 5th?????

I received a letter in the mail from Disney, unfortunately, I don't have the letter anymore but I believe the dates were sometime around the first week of January to the first week of February. My trip is scheduled for 1/24-1/29 so you might not receive notice as it may not be affecting you.

dizzney

I received a letter in the mail from Disney, unfortunately, I don't have the letter anymore but I believe the dates were sometime around the first week of January to the first week of February. My trip is scheduled for 1/24-1/29 so you might not receive notice as it may not be affecting you.

Perhaps they are closing it after the marathon weekend which is the 9th and 10th then, I hope so, hate to have to trek to the BC,

celticfan

Original Poster
Does anyone know what they are doing at the pool while it is closed? General Maintenance? Will they be re-painting the clown at the bottom of the slide, it has gotten pretty faded!!

Last time I was there the pool and pool area area were in pretty good shape, except for the faded paint.

DebS

Does anyone know what they are doing at the pool while it is closed? General Maintenance? Will they be re-painting the clown at the bottom of the slide, it has gotten pretty faded!!

Last time I was there the pool and pool area area were in pretty good shape, except for the faded paint.

They were painting the exterior of Leaping Libations in the middle of the night when I was there. They had a spotlight they'd move with them to the next section. They'll probably repaint the whole area including the fading clown.

celticfan

Original Poster
Just got back from a week in a 3 bedroom villa at Boardwalk. Those are really great units!!!

Overall we loved our time and Boardwalk is by far our favorite resort. We love the atmosphere and the location. Already looking forward to our next trip back.

There were two things we noticed that i was wondering if other Boardwalk guests had noticed. First was the always long line at the Bakery. The bakery has some great stuff for breakfast, or any time during the day or night, but it seems to always be so crowded, with lines going out the door most of the time we were there. Is it always like that? Is there anything they could do to make it more efficient? I know we skipped it some times and stopped elsewhere because of the lines. Seems like they should be able to do something to make that run better.

Second was the situation with people trying to save chairs at the pool. Our group went down most mornings around 9:00 and there was already a lot chairs saved with towels, but no people. The life guards said that if no one was there that we should remove the towels and just take the chairs if we wanted. There are signs at the pool telling people to not do that, but it does not seem to stop people. Then they come back hours later and get annoyed at someone moving their towels. We just told them the lifeguard told us to do it and they went and found other spots but it seems like there might need to be more seating at the pool area or something. Is this always a problem at the Boardwalk pool? How about other resort pools?

Overall a great stay at a great resort, just two things I wondered if other guests had noticed or had comments about.

hansel1

Just got back from a week in a 3 bedroom villa at Boardwalk. Those are really great units!!!

Overall we loved our time and Boardwalk is by far our favorite resort. We love the atmosphere and the location. Already looking forward to our next trip back.

There were two things we noticed that i was wondering if other Boardwalk guests had noticed. First was the always long line at the Bakery. The bakery has some great stuff for breakfast, or any time during the day or night, but it seems to always be so crowded, with lines going out the door most of the time we were there. Is it always like that? Is there anything they could do to make it more efficient? I know we skipped it some times and stopped elsewhere because of the lines. Seems like they should be able to do something to make that run better.

Second was the situation with people trying to save chairs at the pool. Our group went down most mornings around 9:00 and there was already a lot chairs saved with towels, but no people. The life guards said that if no one was there that we should remove the towels and just take the chairs if we wanted. There are signs at the pool telling people to not do that, but it does not seem to stop people. Then they come back hours later and get annoyed at someone moving their towels. We just told them the lifeguard told us to do it and they went and found other spots but it seems like there might need to be more seating at the pool area or something. Is this always a problem at the Boardwalk pool? How about other resort pools?

Overall a great stay at a great resort, just two things I wondered if other guests had noticed or had comments about.

I would move the towels. If they aren't there, they don't get a chair! Seating is not the issue, it's people with unreal expectations about the power of a towel.

dizzney

I ABSOLUTELY hate the towel saving, its just so annoying, BWV is our home resort and it happens all the time, people have not courtesy,

Dump the towels and use their chairs, we do

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom