Remembering Marty Sklar

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I lost whatever respect I had for that man after hearing his comments on the upcoming POTC refurb.
IMG_0017.JPG

yensid67

I newvwe met him either , but I felt like he was a friend! Anyone who shares our Disney Fanatical thinking on here are firends...we share something that most people don't get! I know my friends are sick of hearing about Disney! But they don't have the passion that we have! I hope they give him a Window on MDUSA at WDW!

Captain Neo

Uh guys, I don't want to speak ill of the dead but the guy was a huge corporate shill for both Eisner and Bob Iger and defended every bad decision they made with the same tired excuse "well you know Walt never intended Disneyland to become a museum and he always looked to the future and made progress" which was used to get rid of attractions, force character tie-ins, etc. Also he was instrumental in keeping Tony Baxter marginalized for years. Don't turn him into some huge hero.

becca_

Uh guys, I don't want to speak ill of the dead but the guy was a huge corporate shill for both Eisner and Bob Iger and defended every bad decision they made with the same tired excuse "well you know Walt never intended Disneyland to become a museum and he always looked to the future and made progress" which was used to get rid of attractions, force character tie-ins, etc. Also he was instrumental in keeping Tony Baxter marginalized for years. Don't turn him into some huge hero.
Someone's husband, father, brother, son, etc. just died, and you want to talk about how he was a "corporate shill"? Please, do yourself a favor and delete this post. So disrespectful to someone who was a great man, regardless of your opinions.

Captain Neo

Someone's husband, father, brother, son, etc. just died, and you want to talk about how he was a "corporate shill"? Please, do yourself a favor and delete this post. So disrespectful to someone who was a great man, regardless of your opinions.

His family isn't coming to this forum and won't see this post.

Stevek

I don't want to speak ill of the dead...but what the heck, here goes.

Let the guy Rest In Peace at least for a few days.

PizzaPlanet

You are full of crap. Try reading one of his books where he openly criticizes bad decisions TWDC and imagineering have made.

Karakasa

I was just thinking when I saw this news " I bet there are people on WDM forum dancing on his corpse, metaphorically." I wish I wasn't right. How I wish I wasn't right. Can't even wait a few days before ****-flinging. Pathetic. ... anyway...

He is responsible in many ways for a lot of positive memories I've had with my mother, sister, and earlier on, my grandma at the parks. I can't help hope he rests in peace and that the spirit of his contributions is passed on to modern Imagineers.

WEDwaydatamover

I'm saddened to hear about Marty's passing. What a career! I understand the people who have very negative things to say. Sure Marty was an incredible force within Imagineering but he also had bosses and shareholders to answer to as well.

I'm sorry but your not going to climb to the upper ranks of a company like Disney and still remain uncompromised AND a complete saint.

Certainly the parks are better off over all as a result of his influence. There are always going to be attractions that leave fans scratching their heads and wondering "what were they thinking??"

I'm not sure who, If anybody could have guided a better original EPCOT Center?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom