Remembering Goadie

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Oh my goodness, I am in tears. :cry:

We just got off the Disney Magic this morning and have been cut off from the world for 5 days (it was wonderful). We're driving home to our furballs so they are going to get plenty of hugs after us being away. I will give double extra love to the old men :cat: because I know this time is coming for me.

Deepest sympathy on the loss of your beloved pet.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Oh my goodness, I am in tears. :cry:

We just got off the Disney Magic this morning and have been cut off from the world for 5 days (it was wonderful). We're driving home to our furballs so they are going to get plenty of hugs after us being away. I will give double extra love to the old men :cat: because I know this time is coming for me.

Deepest sympathy on the loss of your beloved pet.

Thank you. I appreciate the kind words. She will certainly be missed. For the first time in many, many years there is no cat at our house. Seems a little strange to walk out the door and her not greeting us, meowing loudly, seemingly saying "OK, where is my bowl?"
Hope you have a safe drive home and glad you had a wonderful escape.
Double extra love...nice.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
We have a bad tuxedo cat as well. I have heard about other tuxedos that can cause some trouble too. Perhaps it runs in their family. :cautious:

Mine has her moments. She broke my tape dispenser by knocking it off my desk when it was in her way. She's not supposed to be on my desk. Twit.

Our first tuxedo cat was a beautiful angora stray (a throwaway, I always suspected) who we took in shortly after moving into our house. It took a while to name her, because she was both very regal and a tomboy. We thought about Queenie or Princess, both of which were too prissy for her, and then I remembered watching Disney Channel programming whole getting ready for work--The Little Mermaid and New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh animated shows and the live-action Adventures in Wonderland. On AiW, there were all the Alice in Wonderland characters, plus a new one--Teri Garr played a foil to the Red Queen, called The Duchess. It was the perfect name for our new family member. She brightened our household for a little over a decade, and had four kittens, two of whom live with us and the other two with my mom.

Couple years after she passed, a tuxedo kitten started coming around our yard, I pegged him at about 7 months old when we first saw him. That was summer 2011. I took him in, and it was quite the effort to acclimate him to the 2 older fellas. It didn't take too long to name him Rascal, and he earns that name every single day. He is a bit naughty, very friendly, and totally charming.

The point of that wall of text was to illustrate that tuxedos are both sweet and salty. ;)

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
@epcotisbest
You may remember that our kitten Kona (now almost 7 months old) was born of a stray that our neighbor took in and cared for through the birth and weaning of 4 kittens. The family fell in love with Mama Cat and made her part of their family.

Mama Cat died in her sleep yesterday. We are all heartbroken. :cry:

IMG_4387.PNG

The picture below is Mama Cat with, I suspect, Kona's father. Shortly after I snapped this shot I witnessed them mating.

IMG_2371.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom