Remember:(the original) Land Pavilion

crowdcontroltap

Original Poster
Hey Ya'll!
Well another week and another memory. This place holds a close spot to my heart and memory because I worked here in 2001 for over half a year as a college program cast member (this was before Soarin and before the huge fountain was taken out from the middle of the food court).

I always enjoyed this pavilion even as a kid. You would walk past the sign and past the various plants and tree's planted in the middle of the walk way, seeing the giant mural made of small tiles that featured the name of this pavilion and enter the doors and see this huge building and smell the food that the restaurants were serving.

Listen to the Land was the name of the boat ride before it was changed to Living with the Land. This was the ride I was boat captain/tour guide on and I enjoyed every day working at that attraction. When it was Listen to the Land, it had huge light up vegetables and roots in the first scene showing how the different seasons caused the seeds to grow. This ride also had the very catchy song "Listen to the Land". The various scenes of the jungle, dessert, American Prairie, and American farm have not changed much over the years except with the addition of some new animal animatronics in the rain forrest scene and a new waterfall in that scene as well. The living laboratories where the crops were grown has changed very little as well over the years....hydroponics has always been a staple here.

More to come including Kitchen Kabaret; Symbiosis; and the restaurants here.

TheDisneyMagic

I miss the like tour guide on the living with the land ride, it was always more interesting back then.

It was a shame that they removed this cast member, but I was finding it that more and more frequently the cast members spieling these attractions were becoming less and less interested which kind of spoiled it.

I do miss that fountain, Food Rocks even Kitchen Kabaret and the food the sold there prior to the rehab was much better value than the current offering.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I miss Listen to the Land. And making believe I'm a tiny little seed reaching up to meet my needs. And Kitchen Kabaret. And moving hot air balloons on the ceiling that depicted weather and the seasons. And awesome carpeting surrounding a beautiful white fountain. And Bonnie Appetit & friends magnets located in the gift shop by the bathrooms.

The Land was amazing. :eek:

yankspy

I miss Listen to the Land. And making believe I'm a tiny little seed reaching up to meet my needs. And Kitchen Kabaret. And moving hot air balloons on the ceiling that depicted weather and the seasons. And awesome carpeting surrounding a beautiful white fountain. And Bonnie Appetit & friends magnets located in the gift shop by the bathrooms.

The Land was amazing. :eek:
I actually miss this show. It was no big deal when it was there but I kind of liked it. It upsets me now to think that we skipped it many times. It was sort of like Communicore. Not a major attraction but you miss it when you stop and think about it.:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom