Relocated Attractions?

PhotoDave219

I thought they would build it just for me.
Could just be themed as a Monster's sushi restaurant and offer some dishes that look like sushi. You could to tortilla rollups, heck, even a PB&J can look like sushi. Kids do love it when their food is reinvented to look like something different.

I wasnt saying it was a bad idea, I'm just familiar with the culinary demographics that tour WDW. These savages want burgers and chicken fingers and pizza. Go outside that norm and you get complaints. (See Also, "Tomorrowland Noodle Station")

Mawg

I wasnt saying it was a bad idea, I'm just familiar with the culinary demographics that tour WDW. These savages want burgers and chicken fingers and pizza. Go outside that norm and you get complaints. (See Also, "Tomorrowland Noodle Station")
yuck, on vacation I stay away from anything that I can get anywhere and am always looking for unique dinning experiences. I get tired of always having to hop to Epcot for dinner where most of the unique experiences are and DHS is the park most lacking in this area.
Don't disagree with your point, just wish more people were like me.

PhotoDave219

yuck, on vacation I stay away from anything that I can get anywhere and am always looking for unique dinning experiences. I get tired of always having to hop to Epcot for dinner where most of the unique experiences are and DHS is the park most lacking in this area.
Don't disagree with your point, just wish more people were like me.

As do I. Because burgers and chicken fingers annoy me. I'd rather get a small Cobb salad at the @71jason memorial bar at the brown derby.

Raineman

Original Poster
How do you propose funding this?
It would not make sense at all, now that I think about it. Especially given the age of CoP and that fact that it is not a high-volume attraction. I do think that the corner of TL now occupied by CoP could possibly be better utilized, but that would definitely involve removing CoP completely and not a relocation.

PhotoDave219

It would not make sense at all, now that I think about it. Especially given the age of CoP and that fact that it is not a high-volume attraction. I do think that the corner of TL now occupied by CoP could possibly be better utilized, but that would definitely involve removing CoP completely and not a relocation.

I'm just saying that moving attractions is only one of those things that's feasible in RollerCoaster Tycoon.

Raineman

Original Poster
Sorta. I'm not sure if they built new ride vehicles but they may have. It still took a considerable amount of time.
From what I understand, they used the same ride vehicles, but each one had to be transported by crane to the new site in NFL. The whole ride was refurbished to add more detail as well. It took 2 months between the closing of the old ride and the soft opening of the new ride location, so it was definitely still a major undertaking.

PhotoDave219

From what I understand, they used the same ride vehicles, but each one had to be transported by crane to the new site in NFL. The whole ride was refurbished to add more detail as well. It took 2 months between the closing of the old ride and the soft opening of the new ride location, so it was definitely still a major undertaking.

Now see how major something that small was? Imagine doing that on the scale of an attraction the scale, size and scope of Laugh Floor or iasw. Not easily feasible unless there was instability in the building.

Goofyernmost

Its insanely rare. Dumbo was behind Cinderella's Golden Carousel. Moved and cloned to open up the plaza as part of the Fantasyland expansion. (Cinderella's Golden Carousel was moved from Olympic Park in New Jersey in 1967. It was built in 1917 by the Philadelphia Toboggan Company)

FOLK was moved out of Camp Minnie-Mickey to Africa in DAK to facilitate the building of Avatar. COP went from the 64 World's Fair to Disneyland in 1967 and to WDW in 1975.

Thats pretty much it. Two were moved as part of expansions, although Dumbo was essentially rebuilt as I understand it. FOLK is just a theatre, essentially. COP? once it moved here, hasnt gone anywhere.

So the idea of actually moving something larger than a stage show, or an off-the-shelf spinner attraction is pretty much not going to happen.
If memory serves me, and it possibly doesn't, wasn't FOLK in MK in the theater that is currently PhilharMagic for a few years?

Bairstow

If memory serves me, and it possibly doesn't, wasn't FOLK in MK in the theater that is currently PhilharMagic for a few years?

Nah. That was Legend of the Lion King, which was a different production.
That one was more of a puppet show that told a condensed version of the plot from the movie.

Speaking of which, here's a really rad video taken from the "pit" where the puppeteers worked. Check out how they have to move around and between eachother to perform:

Goofyernmost

Nah. That was Legend of the Lion King, which was a different production.
That one was more of a puppet show that told a condensed version of the plot from the movie.

Speaking of which, here's a really rad video taken from the "pit" where the puppeteers worked. Check out how they have to move around and between eachother to perform:

It had live performers as well I think, I have never been to FOLK but I have seen video's and a lot of what I saw in the Legend was used in the current show.

Bairstow

It had live performers as well I think, I have never been to FOLK but I have seen video's and a lot of what I saw in the Legend was used in the current show.

The only live performer in Legend was the person in the Rafiki suit, and Rafiki doesn't even appear in Festival.
If anything, Festival owes its origins to the old Celebration of the Lion King parade at Disneyland. The Five stage units that roll out to put on Festival are modified or reenginered floats from the old Celebration parade. Anyway, if you haven't seen Festival you really should, if only to see the Tumblemonkeys. It's also the only Disney World show I know of that presents in theater in the round.

Goofyernmost

The only live performer in Legend was the person in the Rafiki suit, and Rafiki doesn't even appear in Festival.
If anything, Festival owes its origins to the old Celebration of the Lion King parade at Disneyland. The Five stage units that roll out to put on Festival are modified or reenginered floats from the old Celebration parade. Anyway, if you haven't seen Festival you really should, if only to see the Tumblemonkeys.
I'll take your word for it. I don't care for either one of them, but, none the less a version of Lion King was in MK before it was redone and moved to AK.

Bairstow

Didn't Festival open before Legend closed?
Yep. They overlapped for nearly four years.

I'll take your word for it. I don't care for either one of them, but, none the less a version of Lion King was in MK before it was redone and moved to AK.

We skipped it the first couple times we were down there but were pleasantly surprised when we finally saw it. It's not a "book report" style show, and has a greater emphasis on live singing and circus-type acrobatics and performing than a lot of Disney live shows. If you get bored you can always watch the giant Simba puppet react to everybody else. The guy performing it tends to make his own fun even when he's not the focus of the show.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The tree from Pooh's Playful Spot was moved in front of the entrance of the pooh ride as part of the queue upgrade a few years ago..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom