Relocated Attractions?

Raineman

Original Poster
I was recently doing a bit of digging online, to help me refresh my memory of exactly where Dumbo The Flying Elephant was originally at MK, which lead me to wonder-have there been any other attractions at WDW that have actually moved, and not just been dismantled? It seems as if this would be something that TWDC would need to consider when it comes to attractions like One Man's Dream, which need to make way for new additions to the parks, but are still loved enough that people don't want them eliminated completely.

Rinx

The Carousel, or should I say Carrousel, was taken from Olympic Park in Irvington, NJ. Of course it was completely redone before being installed at MK.

lazyboy97o

Carousel of Progress and "it's a small world" were moved from the 1964-1965 New York World's Fair. Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln was cloned before the Fair closed, not moved.

Mickey Mouse Revue was moved from the Magic Kingdom to Tokyo Disneyland.

King Arthur Carrousel, Mad Tea Park and Dumbo the Flying Elephant were moved at Disneyland.

"it's a small world" is moving at Tokyo Disneyland.

Bairstow

Magic Journeys debuted at the Imagination pavilion, closed, and then re-opened at the Fantasyland theater a few months later.
It's the only Disney World attraction I know of to actually switch parks.

The same movie also played at Anaheim and Tokyo.

Raineman

Original Poster
So, another question, along the same lines-what attractions do you think should be relocated within WDW property? For example, I have always thought that CoP doesn't fit in Tomorrowland, and might be a better fit somewhere at Epcot.

Club Cooloholic

I remember we were there for extra magic hours and my daughter was around a year and a half and we rode Dumbo at midnight, with the castle in the background...perfect

captainmoch

So, another question, along the same lines-what attractions do you think should be relocated within WDW property? For example, I have always thought that CoP doesn't fit in Tomorrowland, and might be a better fit somewhere at Epcot.
Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. Combine it with a new Monsters Inc (door coaster?) ride at the DHS Pixar Land and you have a perfect mini-Monstropolis area, which could go well next to Toy Story Playland and another small area themed off a Pixar property. (I vote Incredibles. I'd love for Ratatouille to come, but I honestly think that'd be a better fit for the French Pavillion at Epcot.)

The Empress Lilly

The Carrousel was moved a few feet at the MK.

The Railroad locs are from elsewhere, if you count that. Soon the first will be one hundred years old!

The cinema has changed position, and concept.

Some machines from the Penny Arcade were moved elswehere.

Magic Journeys was moved from EPCOT to the MK.

At DAK, FotLion King has changed position.

At DHS, the Backlot Tour has pretty much ran throughout DHS, forever changing its course.

My handsome looks pretty much make me an attraction in its own right ( -_- ), and I move around quite a bit at WDW.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Disneyland's Main Street Electrical parade started at Disneyland, went to New York for Hercules's premiere in 1997, went to MK from 1999 - 2001, came to California Adventure from 2001 - 2010, and has been playing at MK again since 2010.

Magic Kingdom's MSEP played at MK from 1977 - 1991, went to Euro Disney/Disneyland Paris from 1992 - 2003, is now in storage at Hong Kong Disneyland.

PhotoDave219

I was recently doing a bit of digging online, to help me refresh my memory of exactly where Dumbo The Flying Elephant was originally at MK, which lead me to wonder-have there been any other attractions at WDW that have actually moved, and not just been dismantled? It seems as if this would be something that TWDC would need to consider when it comes to attractions like One Man's Dream, which need to make way for new additions to the parks, but are still loved enough that people don't want them eliminated completely.

Its insanely rare. Dumbo was behind Cinderella's Golden Carousel. Moved and cloned to open up the plaza as part of the Fantasyland expansion. (Cinderella's Golden Carousel was moved from Olympic Park in New Jersey in 1967. It was built in 1917 by the Philadelphia Toboggan Company)

FOLK was moved out of Camp Minnie-Mickey to Africa in DAK to facilitate the building of Avatar. COP went from the 64 World's Fair to Disneyland in 1967 and to WDW in 1975.

Thats pretty much it. Two were moved as part of expansions, although Dumbo was essentially rebuilt as I understand it. FOLK is just a theatre, essentially. COP? once it moved here, hasnt gone anywhere.

So the idea of actually moving something larger than a stage show, or an off-the-shelf spinner attraction is pretty much not going to happen.

PhotoDave219

Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. Combine it with a new Monsters Inc (door coaster?) ride at the DHS Pixar Land and you have a perfect mini-Monstropolis area, which could go well next to Toy Story Playland and another small area themed off a Pixar property. (I vote Incredibles. I'd love for Ratatouille to come, but I honestly think that'd be a better fit for the French Pavillion at Epcot.)

Noooooooooooooope.

PhotoDave219

How do you propose funding this?

Mawg

Noooooooooooooope.
Yeah, it's not going to happen. But Monstropolis would be pretty cool. A doors coaster with a queue that has screens with monsters running around and the coaster would have "door" cars that you never know where they are going to go. The laugh floor and maybe a Monsters university area with a show teaching you how to be a monster. Add a crazy sushi restaurant with a few monster animatronics and you got one heck of a miniland that I would enjoy spending time in.

PhotoDave219

Yeah, it's not going to happen. But Monstropolis would be pretty cool. A doors coaster with a queue that has screens with monsters running around and the coaster would have "door" cars that you never know where they are going to go. The laugh floor and maybe a Monsters university area with a show teaching you how to be a monster. Add a crazy sushi restaurant with a few monster animatronics and you got one heck of a miniland that I would enjoy spending time in.

The average guest at DHS is not going to want sushi.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom