Reimagining Epcot/Disney

ar81

Original Poster
So somehow I started reading a ton of reimagining Disney blogs lately, older and newer ones. A lot of stuff I didnt know about unbuilt Disney rides and WS pavilions. Since I am just now reading into it I finally understand some of the abbreviations people use on the forums like WRE lol. Unlike most of you I didnt experience 80's or 90's Disney, my first time going was as an adult in 2003. So there is a lot of wishing some of the Shanghai and Tokyo DisneySea rides were brought to te US parks. One that keeps getting mentioned is the Tron coaster. It looks amazing but not sure where it would it fit because it appears to be so huge. One article mentioned FutureWorld but we already have Test Track that got a Tronesque treatment makeover. Then theres MK Tomorrowland, maybe an expansion behind the Speedway. Thereotically, where would it fit better themewise Tomorrrwland or FutureWorld?

Last edited:

Siren

So somehow I started reading a ton of reimagining Disney blogs lately, older and newer ones. A lot of stuff I didnt know about unbuilt Disney rides and WS pavilions. Since I am jst now reading into it I finally understand some of the abbreviations people use on the forums like WRE lol. Unlike most of you I didnt experience 80's or 90's Disney, my first time going was as an adult in 2003. So there is a lot of wishing some of the Shanghai ad Tokyo DisneySea rides were brought to te US parks. One that keeps getting mentioned is the Tron coaster. It looks amazing but not sure where it would it fit because it appears to be so huge. One article mentioned FutureWorld but we already have Test Track that got a Tronesque treatment makeover. Then theres MK Tomorrowland, maybe an expansion behind te Speedway. Thereotically, where would it fit better themewise Tomorrrwland or FutureWorld?
I totally agree. The Tron coaster would be a great fit for Future World and its space like architecture would totally enhance and compliment Epcot's design aesthetic. With the Guardian of the Galaxy ride slated to open there soon, people will soon have to come to terms with the fact that old Epcot is gone.

vfxnjm.jpg

34qpfe1.jpg

The Tron coaster would look good in MK's Tomorrowland, too -- but Epcot needs it so much more.

rob0519

I totally agree. The Tron coaster would be a great fit for Future World and its space like architecture would totally enhance and compliment Epcot's design aesthetic. With the Guardian of the Galaxy ride slated to open there soon, people will soon have to come to terms with the fact that old Epcot is gone.

vfxnjm.jpg

The Tron coaster would look good in MK's Tomorrowland, too -- but Epcot needs it so much more.

I agree. It fits well in Epcot's design and other than the World Showcase there needs to be more to get people back in the park. It's san, but I also believe the old Epcot is pretty much gone, never to be seen again.

Additionally, I don't think the Tomorrowland Speedway should be replaced. The cars should be replaced with some type of battery operated or hybrid vehicle. Disney cannot afford to lose an attraction that keeps so many children under 10 entertained.

Siren

I agree. It fits well in Epcot's design and other than the World Showcase there needs to be more to get people back in the park. It's san, but I also believe the old Epcot is pretty much gone, never to be seen again.

Additionally, I don't think the Tomorrowland Speedway should be replaced. The cars should be replaced with some type of battery operated or hybrid vehicle. Disney cannot afford to lose an attraction that keeps so many children under 10 entertained.
Hi @rob0519! Great comment, I totally agree with you! The Tomorrowland Speedway should not be replaced, just enhanced -- kids love that ride like love so much. I wouldn't mind if it was re-themed to Sugar Rush or even Cars or something like that and with new green energy efficient vehicles, too.

Anyway, back to Tron -- there are some aesthetic similarities to Test Track but the ride experience is totally unique to any other ride at Disney World. Guests will get a chance to ride a motorcycle in the sky with no helmets!

There was this one time where I exercised very poor judgement and rode on the back of a Hyabusa on the freeway going at high speeds (I was wearing a helmet, though) and I will never ride on a motorcycle again. Motorcycles are so fun but super dangerous, it's totally not worth it. So, the tron coaster will give people a chance to ride a motorcycle safely and it's way more fun, too.

Also, you quoted me before I added the night shot of the Tron coaster -- this coaster looks so gorgeous at night!

wdwfan4ver

Tomorrowland Speedway should be replaced with this although this isn't the attraction I want for where Tomorrowland Speedway is. I want a Big Hero 6 land in that space that includes the ride that Tokyo Disneyland is getting.

Tomorrowland was supposed to get the coaster despite it not being where the speedway is.

The Tron Coaster was scrapped for Tomorrowland to my understanding due to how the movie did at the box office.

My reasoning is Tokyo Disneyland's version of the ride is going away and it appears Hong Kong Disneyland's version of the ride is closed for good also. That means Disney has no problems getting a rid of the ride.

If Hong Kong Disneyland's Autopia isn't closed for good, how come the attraction isn't list on the Hong Kong Disneyland website and not on the latest Hong Kong Disneyland park map?

Last edited:

cheezbat

Disney cannot afford to lose an attraction that keeps so many children under 10 entertained.
The under ten crowd is fine. They already have:
Little Mermaid
Pooh
Seven Dwarfs
Philharmagic
Peter Pan
Barnstormer
Dumbo
Magic Carpets
Astro Orbiter
Small World...

You know what? The under ten crowd has practically EVERYTHING in the MK. The only rides truly not aimed at them are the Mountains. Maybe it's time to stop with the kiddie-fication of MK and actually put some bigger kid rides in there like they have at DL.

Give us an Indy, or Tron, or Western River Expedition, or something brand new.

rob0519

The under ten crowd is fine. They already have:
Little Mermaid
Pooh
Seven Dwarfs
Philharmagic
Peter Pan
Barnstormer
Dumbo
Magic Carpets
Astro Orbiter
Small World...

You know what? The under ten crowd has practically EVERYTHING in the MK. The only rides truly not aimed at them are the Mountains. Maybe it's time to stop with the kiddie-fication of MK and actually put some bigger kid rides in there like they have at DL.

Give us an Indy, or Tron, or Western River Expedition, or something brand new.

Well if having practically everything in the MK for the 10 and under set is the argument, then add more attractions to the other three parks where the 10 and under group have practically NOTHING. Give a family with younger children a reason to visit the other parks and maybe, just maybe that will get some of the crowds away from the MK.

Chef Mickey

vfxnjm.jpg

34qpfe1.jpg

That looks so pimp and would look perfect at EPCOT, dare I see where Universe of Energy is located today?

cheezbat

Well if having practically everything in the MK for the 10 and under set is the argument, then add more attractions to the other three parks where the 10 and under group have practically NOTHING. Give a family with younger children a reason to visit the other parks and maybe, just maybe that will get some of the crowds away from the MK.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. The other parks aren't really in need of big people rides, but instead far more for the younger crowd.

So more of those in the other three gates and more thrill rides in MK.
That could really balance things out.

Siren

That looks so pimp and would look perfect at EPCOT, dare I see where Universe of Energy is located today?
Hi @Chef Mickey! So pimp?!? That is too funny. LOL. Anyway, no. I don't want Tron to replace Universe of Energy, it's a total waste of good mirrors and history and stuff. Epcot has so much room, Disney can totally put this somewhere else.

Tomorrowland Speedway should be replaced with this although this isn't the attraction I want for where Tomorrowland Speedway is. I want a Big Hero 6 land in that space that includes the ride that Tokyo Disneyland is getting.

Tomorrowland was supposed to get the coaster despite it not being where the speedway is.

The Tron Coaster was scrapped for Tomorrowland to my understanding due to how the movie did at the box office.

My reasoning is Tokyo Disneyland's version of the ride is going away and it appears Hong Kong Disneyland's version of the ride is closed for good also. That means Disney has no problems getting a rid of the ride.

If Hong Kong Disneyland's Autopia isn't closed for good, how come the attraction isn't list on the Hong Kong Disneyland website and not on the latest Hong Kong Disneyland park map?
I totally disagree. Little kids adore this ride so much. MK is not hurting for new attractions at all while Epcot is on life support. And, it goes without say that a Big Hero 6 land will not happen here for the obvious reasons.

Also, it's rumored that Guardian of the Galaxy at Epcot is supposed to be a roller coaster instead of a tower. So, this and the Tron coaster will be great for thrill seekers!

Chef Mickey

Hi @Chef Mickey! So pimp?!? That is too funny. LOL. Anyway, no. I don't want Tron to replace Universe of Energy, it's a total waste of good mirrors and history and stuff. Epcot has so much room, Disney can totally put this somewhere else.

I totally disagree. Little kids adore this ride so much. MK is not hurting for new attractions at all while Epcot is on life support. And, it goes without say that a Big Hero 6 land will not happen here for the obvious reasons.

Also, it's rumored that Guardian of the Galaxy at Epcot is supposed to be a roller coaster instead of a tower. So, this and the Tron coaster will be great for thrill seekers!
Haha, I'm totally with you in not wanting Universe of Energy gone. I just know how current management thinks. We'll never get an additional ride in a brand new space. They'll always take the easy way out and destroy a classic in favor of a new (usually movie themed) ride with a re-purposed pavilion. Gone are the days of original concepts and it's a shame because EPCOT used to be a hotspot for original attractions not based on movies.

If I had my way, they'd put this in an entirely new area of EPCOT and it wouldn't even be Tron themed...it would look similar, but have an energy, future, or dinosaur theme.

TXDisney

I don't see MK getting any significant upgrades anytime soon since they just did fantasyland 3.5yrs ago. Maybe some refurbishments and all but nothing drastic. AK has added nighttime shows and rides along with Avatarland, so they're in the process of adding. Same goes for HS. The addition of Star Wars and Toy Story lands are being added. Disney springs just finished as well. Leaving Epcot. The only significant change has been the frozen ride. Which was just a change really not an addition. I great addition but nothing significant. Guardian of the galaxy is rumored to be added. Not sure the extent to how crazy of a thrill ride it will be I haven't seen designs. The theming is a question for me. Bc it doesn't speak much to what Epcot is about. Near mission soace makes sense. Not sure if that's the plan. I do think the future area does need a change. I literally skip over that area every trip. Sometimes we ride figment for the kids and no line. Epcot is our favorite park but mainly bc of WS. Another thread debated how good WS is for kids. That's debatable. I do think Disney has made it more kid friendly through the years with rides, shows and interactive games. But generally speaking WS is an adult area. Good, drinks and shops. That's why we and most love it. I'm all for adding another country or 2 as well as long as it doesn't compact things too much. I like how each country has its theme. Is hate to see it all just flow where you question which country you're in. Overall though I do think Epcot needs some additions like the other parks. I actually have no doubt that WDW will do something in Epcot next, it's just what.

Princess Leia

Epcot desperately needs to add attractions, not replace or remove. What was the last attraction that was added, and not as a replacement for another attraction (like Frozen, Mission: Space, Test Track 2.0, or Soarin' 2.0)? Was it Maelstrom?
Finally finishing the German boat ride would be a start. The shell is there, time to do something with it. Adding an a ride (Mt. Fuji or the train) to Japan would also be good. Finally adding these two attractions would help keep the lines down at Frozen, as would adding another country, complete with its own ride or interactive theater. Even bringing gondolas to Italy would be welcome.
Adding more attractions to the WS would give Imagineers time to fix FW. With the addition of a couple new rides, they could close a ride in FW for refurbishment. This wouldn't be ideal in the mornings, but it would help.

wdwfan4ver

Big Hero 6 IP actually can be used at WDW. Baymax has a meet and Greet at Epcot and Baymax is one of the Characters from Big Hero 6.

You don't have to tell me about how Future World in the condition it is in. I am a person who first to WDW in 1991 and I visited WDW many times since. MK is hurting in Tomorrowland and I think the rumored Sugar Rush attraction replacing SGE is a bad fit in that land. My concern with new stuff in Epcot always been how the IP is used in the park.

I don't think Tron fits Future World. Tron is SCI-FI and Future World isn't supposed to be about Science Fiction. Tomorrowland and DHS are the made for SCI-FI attractions. IPS can be used at WDW depending if they fit the nature of theme park.

I am also aware of the Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster having a backwards launch, but I don't like the fact its replacing UOE due to it not fitting Up. That is almost as bad the Rumored GOTG overlay TOT was going to get at DHS before it was scrapped. The fact is DHS has expansion plots that can be used instead of taking up current attraction space. I known Guardians of the Galaxy has an orb, but the orb Guardians of the Galaxy has does stuff that only can be done in comic books and movies.

As far as thrill rides go, They only can be done if they fit the theme in a certain area of the park like Mount Fuji would've.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom