Reimagined Fantasyland Dark Rides

Brer Oswald

Original Poster
I don't know if somebody already made a thread about this, but how would you respond to the Fantasyland Dark Rides receiving major overhauls? I'm referring to Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, and even Small World getting new animatronics, set pieces, and facades. This could even expand to Disneyland's Fantasyland. If someone has already made a similar post, please post the link :).

spacemt354

Chili's
I don't know if somebody already made a thread about this, but how would you respond to the Fantasyland Dark Rides receiving major overhauls? I'm referring to Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, and even Small World getting new animatronics, set pieces, and facades. This could even expand to Disneyland's Fantasyland. If someone has already made a similar post, please post the link :).
I think that would be a really good thing!

Disneyland's Fantasyland did an overhaul project like this in 1983 and it turned out pretty well

DinoInstitute

I think that would be a really good thing!

Disneyland's Fantasyland did an overhaul project like this in 1983 and it turned out pretty well
Also for the 60th a lot of DL FL dark rides got upgraded I believe. I'd love for it to finally happen in MK, maybe a bunch of park wide major overhauls for the 50th.

Personally I think Peter Pan needs a major refurb the most, a lot of the effects, sets, and animatronics are pretty outdated.

And on a related note, I wouldn't mind the Philharmagic getting updates also, and maybe even moving to either Main Street or DHS in order to allow for new FL dark rides/a Peter Pan expansion.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I've been wanting our peter pan to get the recent updates disneyland's got. Small-ish upgrades that, imo, really IMPROVE the whole thing.

Pooh could use some upgrades too. I would worry they'd go projection crazy with the heffelumps and woozles scene though.

Small World works because of its simplicity. all that really needs is a new coat of paint and maybe some small upgrades.

Honestly, the only dark ride in fantasyland that I think is in need of a major overhaul is the Little Mermaid. There is so much more lighting effects and stuff they could do to make you feel underwater. Compare the underwater scene in Shanghai Pirates to the Under the Sea scene.

DinoInstitute

I've been wanting our peter pan to get the recent updates disneyland's got. Small-ish upgrades that, imo, really IMPROVE the whole thing.

Pooh could use some upgrades too. I would worry they'd go projection crazy with the heffelumps and woozles scene though.

Small World works because of its simplicity. all that really needs is a new coat of paint and maybe some small upgrades.

Honestly, the only dark ride in fantasyland that I think is in need of a major overhaul is the Little Mermaid. There is so much more lighting effects and stuff they could do to make you feel underwater. Compare the underwater scene in Shanghai Pirates to the Under the Sea scene.
I actually really like Little Mermaid, the only problem with it for me is that it feels kind of cut short. It could use one more scene for the finale with the giant Ursula. Other than that I think it gets a lot of undeserved hate, it feels a lot like one of the classics to me.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I actually really like Little Mermaid, the only problem with it for me is that it feels kind of cut short. It could use one more scene for the finale with the giant Ursula. Other than that I think it gets a lot of undeserved hate, it feels a lot like one of the classics to me.

I wouldn't say I hate it, there's just a lot more they could've done to sell the parts that dont work as well. Im with you that the biggest problem is the lack of an ending, but the other problems I have are relatively easy fixes. It's a B- that could've easily been an A-
A+ with a proper climax.

Brer Oswald

Original Poster
Also for the 60th a lot of DL FL dark rides got upgraded I believe. I'd love for it to finally happen in MK, maybe a bunch of park wide major overhauls for the 50th.

Personally I think Peter Pan needs a major refurb the most, a lot of the effects, sets, and animatronics are pretty outdated.

And on a related note, I wouldn't mind the Philharmagic getting updates also, and maybe even moving to either Main Street or DHS in order to allow for new FL dark rides/a Peter Pan expansion.
Alice got some pretty big upgrades which I got to see, and Peter Pan's were pretty small, but cool nonetheless. I think Peter Pan needs a major overhaul, maybe even with the animatronic technology of SDMT and FEA. I had the same idea about Philharmagic moving, but I didn't know where it would go. Use that space to expand Peter Pan, and use Fairytale Hall to expand Pooh. It would be perfect!

Brer Oswald

Original Poster

All Mermaid needs is a climax. The animatronics and set designs are the most impressive out of the FL rides. Pooh and Peter Pan on the other hand REALLY need animatronics! Small World's main problem is the facade. Unfortunately, they'll probably never fix it and it'll stick out like a sore thumb.

DinoInstitute

Alice got some pretty big upgrades which I got to see, and Peter Pan's were pretty small, but cool nonetheless. I think Peter Pan needs a major overhaul, maybe even with the animatronic technology of SDMT and FEA. I had the same idea about Philharmagic moving, but I didn't know where it would go. Use that space to expand Peter Pan, and use Fairytale Hall to expand Pooh. It would be perfect!
If it were to be kept in MK, then maybe in the Town Hall building where there's a Mickey Meet n Greet and a fastpass+ center? I don't know if here's space there however. In DHS it could replace either Disney Jr. or Little Mermaid, or even build a new theater.

Brer Oswald

Original Poster
If it were to be kept in MK, then maybe in the Town Hall building where there's a Mickey Meet n Greet and a fastpass+ center? I don't know if here's space there however. In DHS it could replace either Disney Jr. or Little Mermaid, or even build a new theater.
It's very ironic that space seems to always be an issue on the resort that has the "blessing of size"! :hilarious:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Main street theater would be my top choice for phillarmagic moving. There wouldn't be enough room in the little mermaid theater over in DHS. Maybe Disney Jr. I don't really know how big that theater is. Phillarmagic had a very wide screen.

This does raise the question of where to put Mickey if phillarmagic took over his spot.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I was personally thinking the area just east of FL on the knockoff autopia site, just adjacent to the Tea Cups ;).
I'm still pulling for a Wreck it Ralph retheme for the speedway. Sugar Rush would match the fantasyland side. and the entrance can be the more tech based game central station to match tomorrowland. finally give us a smootg transition.

I would not complain if that space was used for a new ride or two though.

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

Original Poster
I'm still pulling for a Wreck it Ralph retheme for the speedway. Sugar Rush would match the fantasyland side. and the entrance can be the more tech based game central station to match tomorrowland. finally give us a smootg transition.

I would not complain if that space was used for a new ride or two though.
Oh...did you not get the memo about Stitch's Great Escape...?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom