Rehire questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domosuke

Original Poster
So I am currently trying to get rehired at Disney, and I have searched and searched all over the internet for these questions, yet I never got a satisfactory answer.

Just to start off, I did reapply about a week ago, and have an interview date set, yet I still have some questions to put my mind at ease.

I was involuntarily terminated about seven months ago, and I am a restricted rehire.

So I should be ok and I should have no issues interviewing and going through the process all over again right? I just need to show them what I got and prove myself to them right?o

Well I looked on another disney college program and employment website. There was this young man that posted that he was looking to get rehired;he was a busboy that was terminated for eating leftovers backstage that patrons who already paid, put behind on their tray and didn't consume.

I wasn't terminated for that exact reason, (infact I believe I was wrongly terminated and what happened to me was a honest mistake and not termination worthy), but to the company I was terminated for in a sense "ruining the magic" per say.

But anyways, another poster replied to him and she said that he doesn't have a chance in heck of being rehired. Those who are terminated for "violating the disney policy", are put on a Do Not Rehire list.

Why did she say that?

Now I called and spoke to casting myself and was told that I am a restricted rehire which means it is possible for me to be rehired, but then again they probably can't tell me I'm on that list over the phone, but I don't know. This is something thing I'm worried about.

Another thing is you also have to have work experience from a minimum of six months with another job.

I was working with my family under the table, so does this meet their qualifications, and would I need a notary letter to verify this?

One last thing, I heard you cannot be rehired into the department you were in when you left, and you also have to write an essay basically explaining why you should be rehired, and they also watch you like a hawk once you get hired. Is this true as well?

I really hope I am given a second chance, and would like to work for Disney again.

Thank you. :)

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
@Domosuke - as an employer, if I am requiring you to work at least 6 months for another company, then I need the phone number to their HR department to verify your employment. If mom answers the phone, then there is no way that I am ever going to hire you, when we explicitly told you when we let you go that you had to work for another company. You have zero chance of getting hired by Disney at this time. Sorry.

The Mom

Premium Member
As others have stated, forget about Disney - at least for a few years. Go work someplace else and grow up into a responsible employee. They will only rehire you if you can show that you have changed, and will follow a non-family employer's rules. Working for Mommy and Daddy under the table doesn't show them that you are responsible. Going to work whether you want to or not, getting along with a boss and other employees whether you like them or not, working without complaint, even at a sucky minimum wage job, are the actions that might get you rehired.

Involuntary termination is just a polite word for fired. You were fired - whether you think you deserved it doesn't matter one bit. The only way to overcome it is to convince them that you will be not only an adequate employee, but an exceptional employee! The only way you can do that is to bring them a glowing reference from another employer - and despite their saying they will reconsider in 6 months, most future employers would prefer that you have a year's work history.

Arguing with people who have decades more employment experience (as both employees and bosses) will not get you what you want. Actually taking their advice will.

Domosuke

Original Poster
As others have stated, forget about Disney - at least for a few years. Go work someplace else and grow up into a responsible employee. They will only rehire you if you can show that you have changed, and will follow a non-family employer's rules. Working for Mommy and Daddy under the table doesn't show them that you are responsible. Going to work whether you want to or not, getting along with a boss and other employees whether you like them or not, working without complaint, even at a sucky minimum wage job, are the actions that might get you rehired.

Involuntary termination is just a polite word for fired. You were fired - whether you think you deserved it doesn't matter one bit. The only way to overcome it is to convince them that you will be not only an adequate employee, but an exceptional employee! The only way you can do that is to bring them a glowing reference from another employer - and despite their saying they will reconsider in 6 months, most future employers would prefer that you have a year's work history.

Arguing with people who have decades more employment experience (as both employees and bosses) will not get you what you want. Actually taking their advice will.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your profession?

lazyboy97o

It doesn't matter. You've been repeatedly given rather generic advice. I understand that you may have difficultly with accepting this but you've pretty much blown your chances of working at Disneyland with your activities here. It's probably best to work on moving on.

The Mom

Premium Member

What difference does it make? I am old enough, and have had enough work experience, to know that once you've been fired, you have to work twice as hard as the average employee to get half as much. The next employer doesn't care if you think you were fired unfairly - there are enough other people applying who haven't been fired at all.

Domosuke

Original Poster
I just wanted to know if you worked customer service or etc. I understand I apologize. Thank you for the advice everyone.

DHoy

My advice would be to no longer post here as said before it appears they know you're posting here and will consider that in their hiring decision. It's probably in your best interest to remove all you posts and inactivate your account.

Additionally no one on here works for casting or Disneys human capital management so no one here has the precise answers that you require people here will only have assumed guidance or estimated examples. Disney and ONLY Disney will be able to answer Your questions and you should only bring your concerns to them.

mousehockey37

How the he!! did I miss this thread!!!! Dude... OP, you're toast. Pack it in dude. You commented on threads on here before with other people and questions like this and saw that they got nowhere. These threads are known to Disney HR.

OP, I don't know how much it's gonna take for you to finally learn the Disney lesson, but as we've all said, you were fired. Whether you feel it was justified or not, Florida and Cali are both at-will working states, which means, just in case you didn't know, you can be fired at any time for any reason. Next time read the contracts that are put down in front of you before you sign acknowledging that you understand this.

Also, getting paid under the table is basically working tax free. So basically, your parents don't have to file tax stuff on yo u, they let you work and get paid without "putting it on the books". A new employer needs to see a work history and under the table means you don't exactly "exist" in their records, so yeah, nice try but get a real job where you have to pay taxes like everyone else.

mousehockey37

My advice would be to no longer post here as said before it appears they know you're posting here and will consider that in their hiring decision. It's probably in your best interest to remove all you posts and inactivate your account.

Additionally no one on here works for casting or Disneys human capital management so no one here has the precise answers that you require people here will only have assumed guidance or estimated examples. Disney and ONLY Disney will be able to answer Your questions and you should only bring your concerns to them.

It's probably already too late for that.

Also, I wouldn't go so far to say that no one on here doesn't work for casting or Disneys HCM. There are posters here that are "insiders" and have an "in" with the mouse in some way (whether it be they actually work for Disney or whatnot). So to say that no one on here works for those areas and is on this board is a forward statement. Those people know very well what their limits are and know that they CAN'T respond to those questions. So unless you've personally DM'd every single user of this forum and gotten an answer to their employer and job title, you can not assume what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom