Regarding the Norway Pavilion's possible changes.

Bluewaves

I hope they do. If I go to actual Norway one day and there really are trolls and 20 foot polar bears everywhere then its all good but until that happens I'd love to see a more real representation of Norway.

You have to remember the rides shows the mythology of Norway, which has a rich cultural heritage, both written and spoken of trolls and there are polar bears in the frozen north.

The ride is a bit dated, the video is particularly dated and needs a good update and cleaning, I watched Martin's tribute video and saw the original lightning effects and how rough the sea used to be around the oil rig in the final scene. Makes me wish they'd restore some of the original effects.

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
You have to remember the rides shows the mythology of Norway, which has a rich cultural heritage, both written and spoken of trolls and there are polar bears in the frozen north.

The ride is a bit dated, the video is particularly dated and needs a good update and cleaning, I watched Martin's tribute video and saw the original lightning effects and how rough the sea used to be around the oil rig in the final scene. Makes me wish they'd restore some of the original effects.
Yes, I think it's a great idea! I really think Disney has been letting some of the effects at Epcot get run down.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Speaking of toning down effects, if you've also seen Martin's videos on UoE & EEA you'll know about the effects there that are currently unused (or broken!). Now to get back on topic, I don't really find Malestrom to be very outdated, just very short. As for the film, I've never seen it since I'm too young to have gone when the theater doors were locked shut after the ride.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

So THAT'S what caught me off guard when we went into the oil rig scene!! I could have sworn those rapids around the poles were nonexistent every other single time I've ever ridden it. There were some pretty big rapids around the oil rig on August 7th.

JIMINYCR

Kudos to Mr. Plant for taking the time and effort in contacting the embassy in hopes that they can bring about an alternative refurbishment of the Norway pavilion which includes a Frozen theme. I have heard that although the host countries have control over content, it is limited, with Disney having the ability to determine the final piece. I'm hoping the Norway consulate can sway Disney back to a better, more realistic representation of their country. And I wouldnt mind having a troll or two cleverly placed somewhere in the scenes.;)

dadddio

trolls.jpg

Bluewaves

I also took the time to contact the Norwegian consulate and got a similar polite response. At least they took the time to get back to me, unfortunately that has not always been the case with the Disney World management.

Tonka's Skipper

Seems the Gullywhumper has found the key to save Norway..............write the Norwegian embassy..............the more the better and the louder Disney will hear about it though the embassy.

AKK

aladdin2007

The embassy has been well aware of the issues and opinions, as has the Norwegian Tourist Board. Its great to keep sending in those letters though.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Over my dead body!!!!!! That's the one thing they still haven't messed up yet. If they base it on frozen there will be no ride in its original form left in the park. Plus I love that ride just the way it is and has just as many childhood memories as Horizons and Journey into Imagination.

draybook

Speaking of toning down effects, if you've also seen Martin's videos on UoE & EEA you'll know about the effects there that are currently unused (or broken!). Now to get back on topic, I don't really find Malestrom to be very outdated, just very short. As for the film, I've never seen it since I'm too young to have gone when the theater doors were locked shut after the ride.

They just started leaving the doors open around 2009 or 2010. I've never seen it either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom