Regarding MDE login on the 60-day mark

worldofsounds

Original Poster
Day 2: No FoP available. Day 3: No FoP available. Day 4: FoP available kind of late in the day (4:30PM.) I'll take it, but it could conflict with something else. (Thank goodness, that was our last park day!)

After studying FP availability through the Touring Plans website I have noticed that if you plan on visiting Animal Kingdom during the first day of your trip, you can pretty much forget about getting a FoP fastpass. Luckily, I made my AK touring for 5 days into the trip!

Klpalmer

I have annual passes and have received the messages tickets not linked since I used them late last year even though they showed as linked under tickets and reservations. I called Disney the night before my fastpass window opened just to make sure my tickets were linked properly. They assured me nothing was wrong and my passes do not expire until 20 days after my stay is over. Well come the morning of my selection I was unable to make any selections. It was a disaster. I called and spoke to technical support cast member who told me my passes were expired and then realized they werent. It took over 30 minutes for them to figure out how to make my Disney experience allow me to make fastpasses. Then I had to argue with the representative about the fastpasses I wanted already being gone due to their error. I had called and tried to resolve the issue the night before and then it had taken them over 30 minutes to fix the issue that was their fault not my own. Eventually they assisted me with making fastpass selections but not until after much convincing on my part which was just horrible customer service in my opinion since I had no fault in the system not allowing me to make selections or the fact it had taken so long for them to fix it.

That being said if your annual passes are linked in my Disney experience and they expire within 30 days of your vacation you may encounter this problem as well, I'm not sure if renewing the passes before attempting to make selections would help alleviate this problem but if you plan on renewing them anyway I would to avoid any issues like mine.

ElleJay1119

I have annual passes and have received the messages tickets not linked since I used them late last year even though they showed as linked under tickets and reservations. I called Disney the night before my fastpass window opened just to make sure my tickets were linked properly. They assured me nothing was wrong and my passes do not expire until 20 days after my stay is over. Well come the morning of my selection I was unable to make any selections. It was a disaster. I called and spoke to technical support cast member who told me my passes were expired and then realized they werent. It took over 30 minutes for them to figure out how to make my Disney experience allow me to make fastpasses. Then I had to argue with the representative about the fastpasses I wanted already being gone due to their error. I had called and tried to resolve the issue the night before and then it had taken them over 30 minutes to fix the issue that was their fault not my own. Eventually they assisted me with making fastpass selections but not until after much convincing on my part which was just horrible customer service in my opinion since I had no fault in the system not allowing me to make selections or the fact it had taken so long for them to fix it.

That being said if your annual passes are linked in my Disney experience and they expire within 30 days of your vacation you may encounter this problem as well, I'm not sure if renewing the passes before attempting to make selections would help alleviate this problem but if you plan on renewing them anyway I would to avoid any issues like mine.
So sorry you had that experience.

For me, it worked fine once my window opened, but I have a resort package with tickets. There's nothing worse than finding out there's a problem when it's time to make selections. Happened to me on my ADR day. Hope all this info helps others. These forums have so much great information. I have said that planning this trip was more stressful than planning my wedding.:p

Tony the Tigger

My AP's expire about a week after our trip. We had no issues.

DisneyFan 2000

A bit of a thread hijack (but related) - if I'm seeing the tickets for everyone on my account is it safe for me to assume all those tickets are linked and good to go? Also, can I make FP reservations for the early hours of MNSSHP? We're also nearing the 60-day window! Yay :)

ElleJay1119

A bit of a thread hijack (but related) - if I'm seeing the tickets for everyone on my account is it safe for me to assume all those tickets are linked and good to go? Also, can I make FP reservations for the early hours of MNSSHP? We're also nearing the 60-day window! Yay :)
If you have a Disney package booked, it worked fine for me. Everyone's tickets showed up beforehand and the fastpass selections unlocked right at 7 eastern when my window opened. I don't know about the party fastpasses.

nickys

Premium Member

As to the MNSSHP question, I believe the answer is you can only book fastpasses using the party ticket if you have not booked any other fastpasses for that day. So only 3 for the day in total.

DisneyFan 2000

If you have a Disney package booked, it worked fine for me. Everyone's tickets showed up beforehand and the fastpass selections unlocked right at 7 eastern when my window opened. I don't know about the party fastpasses.

As to the MNSSHP question, I believe the answer is you can only book fastpasses using the party ticket if you have not booked any other fastpasses for that day. So only 3 for the day in total.

Awesome, thanks so much!
I wasn't planning on more than 3, just wanted to check if it's a viable option to book any FP at all for that day. :)

Minnie1986

I have heard from a few sources recently to log out and back in just before 7 AM, just to avoid the chance that your session will have timed out and you'll have to waste an extra few seconds signing back in at seven.

My 60 day mark is tomorrow morning – alarm set for 6:45 AM LOL
Mine is this Saturday and I've got my alarm set for 6:30! Gives me time to take the dog out, because once she notices I am awake, all bets are off!

Minnie1986

After studying FP availability through the Touring Plans website I have noticed that if you plan on visiting Animal Kingdom during the first day of your trip, you can pretty much forget about getting a FoP fastpass. Luckily, I made my AK touring for 5 days into the trip!
Thanks for this, because AK is definitely the first day of my trip. Thank goodness we got Park Hopper tickets.

Minnie1986

My window opened up last Wednesday. Our AK day is Wed 9/13 (third day). We got FP at 3:25pm. Wanted it earlier, but kept checking to modify and watched times slip later and later and then no availability.
Thanks for the update. My game plan is to try for when I want it, but knowing that I'll take it when available.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom