Refrigerators being temporarily removed from all rooms

TuffyCatt

All DVC units are unaffected by this issue, including studio, 1, 2 and 3 BR units.

How are the DVC studio mini fridges different than the mini fridges in the standard rooms? I'm just curious, since this is the only place I've seen someone confirm that the DVC studios will not be affected by this problem, and I just wanted to confirm. We're staying in a DVC studio at the Grand Californian at Disneyland next week, so whether we have a fridge or not, just curious as to what to expect. Thanks! :)

DisneyJoe

How are the DVC studio mini fridges different than the mini fridges in the standard rooms? I'm just curious, since this is the only place I've seen someone confirm that the DVC studios will not be affected by this problem, and I just wanted to confirm. We're staying in a DVC studio at the Grand Californian at Disneyland next week, so whether we have a fridge or not, just curious as to what to expect. Thanks! :)

It's been confirmed on the travel agents site, but I have the same doubts - but I read that Disneyland Studios are ok.

nepalostparks

Original Poster
It's been confirmed on the travel agents site, but I have the same doubts - but I read that Disneyland Studios are ok.

What he said! :D

Right now, the central information we're getting there is likely the best information available, as it will take awhile to get everyone at all the levels of each resort up to speed on the issue.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Of course. It sounds to me like there's a safety issue, and that has to trump everything else. Heck, it's even part of Disney's mantra.

My guess is that as they start receiving replacements, they'll be available first to medical needs, then to guests who complain, then to all rooms as they get enough.

My guess would be fire hazards...possibly potential of the coils overheating in the enclosed space? <shrug>

Hoopie316

See my post above. Unfortunately at this point, the details are still fluid, and not all of the information may be making it to everyone at the resorts at this point.
If you are right it is not a big deal we will still be going! And it will not dampen our vacation! So as we get closer to our trip I am sure more info will come out! Thanks for the info!

rob0519

Good suggestion, although for those of us whithout a car it's still a pain. It will be for a lot of parents of small children too. Teething rings, bottles, etc. - there's a lot of stuff that you might need to keep chilled. As long as there are ice machines we'll get by. There ARE ice machines, right? At POFQ? Or are they only at the food court?

Ok. I may have been a little flip. However, if I've saved thousands of dollars over two plus years for a week at WDW, I can't see calling no refrigerator a deal breaker as the OP did. Yes, no refrigerator will be a huge pain for those with small children and no car. It will be interesting to see if the resort comes up with some creative way to help people out.

rob0519

Hopefully the limited number of fridges they have go to those who need them for medical reasons. Not those who make threats because they think they're entitled to them because they paid for a room.

Interesting. I just went to the Disney site and looked at the amenities for every deluxe resort, including concierge level. None of them list a refrigerator as something that is included in the price of the room. So anyone that complains the refrigerator is included in the room rate has no argument.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Interesting. I just went to the Disney site and looked at the amenities for every deluxe resort, including concierge level. None of them list a refrigerator as something that is included in the price of the room. So anyone that complains the refrigerator is included in the room rate has no argument.

That's because it's been scrubbed from their site (surprising efficiency to me that they've scrubbed it this quickly...interesting, and a sign of good site design...GAH, did I just say that?). Anyhow, use the wayback machine.

Boardwalk - Deluxe Studios and Villas - March 21, 2013
http://web.archive.org/web/20130321....go.com/resorts/boardwalk-villas/rates-rooms/

Pop Century - May 31, 2013
http://web.archive.org/web/20130531...o.com/resorts/pop-century-resort/rates-rooms/

I could keep going, but the point is...regarding your point, Disney implied that Refrigerator - Small WAS part of the room amenities (as we all knew) and they marketed it as included with the room, which is a direct consideration to price of the room.

So, if I booked my room today (or whenever they scrubbed the site clean of mention of it), then yes, the argument would be invalid. However, if I booked not even 2 months ago with the expectation that part of the benefit of staying in the room is a fridge, Disney definately pulled a bait and switch.

Granted, I'm sure there were safety (as I said before, fire hazard is my suspicion...it's the only thing I can think of that would cause such a massive and rapid withdraw from ALL resorts)...and Disney had no choice in this...so, I won't be angry if there isn't one in my room when I go in a few weeks.

But, to say it's an "invalid" argument because they retroactively modified their own website? With that assertion, I do not agree.

DDuckFan130

Sooo silly question: I have a trip to Pop for Labor Day Weekend. Should I have been informed of something? lol Just wanna be prepared haha

For the record, we haven't had a problem with those fridges in a while. We just got back last week from CSR and our water bottles were nice and cold.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom