Refillable Mugs a Pain?

Roger321

Original Poster
Hey there,

I've read a lot about these refillable mugs you can buy at the resorts and have learned a great deal. I just wanted to know if anyone has found these things to be a pain to haul around the parks or do you leave them in the room? I really can't see the need to weight yourself down with a big plastic cup especially if you need to carry other things or go on the rides. Any comments for a Disney novice would be helpful.

Back to Toontown I go!

tigsmom

We always leave them in our room. First thing in the morning its down to the snack bar for coffee, tea, whatever to have while we wake up and get dressed. Yep, you will see people walking around in their jammies and bathrobes waiting for that first cup of coffee...its not pretty. :lol:

We wash them out and leave them in the room to use when we take our afternoon break (or if we eat lunch at the resort) and then use them again when we get back from the parks. Thats 2 fillups/visit with 3 or 4 visits to the snack bar a day for a fillup.

dxwwf3

tigsmom said:
We always leave them in our room. First thing in the morning its down to the snack bar for coffee, tea, whatever to have while we wake up and get dressed. Yep, you will see people walking around in their jammies and bathrobes waiting for that first cup of coffee...its not pretty. :lol:

We wash them out and leave them in the room to use when we take our afternoon break (or if we eat lunch at the resort) and then use them again when we get back from the parks. Thats 2 fillups/visit with 3 or 4 visits to the snack bar a day for a fillup.

I was typing up a response and I think you channeled my mind. That's EXACTLY what we do.

WDWKat26

You can't refill them in the parks anyway, so there's really no point in lugging them around to the parks with you. We always left ours in the room :)

Computer Magic

WDWKat26 said:
You can't refill them in the parks anyway, so there's really no point in lugging them around to the parks with you. We always left ours in the room :)
Depends where you are staying...When we use to use the mugs we would take them to fill up and then walk to the bus stop. Then when we returned, we stoped and filled up again.

The reason I say use to, is the Dinning Plan gives you snacks. Now we use that to get our drinks....It easier and already paid for.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I haven't taken them to the parks, but last trip I took a backpack with sweaters and coats for if it got cool at night. I suppose you could put them in a locker in a backpack. Since you're not supposed to eat or drink on the buses, it would be just as easy to leave the mug in your room [unless your room is a death-march from the cafeteria and bus area :eek:].

As has been said, you can't refill them in the parks, might as well not take them.

copper

We stayed at ASMusic one year and our room was very far from the food court so I ended up not going back to our room after breakfast, thus lugging those mugs. I honestly don't like walking a mile for a refill and found it much easier to buy a soda from the machine in our building. I guess if you're eating most of your meals at the resort they're worth it but if you're just eating breakfast at the resort I wouldn't buy them. With that being said, we are staying at Pop Century in May and I'm going to buy one of the travel mugs (refillable) because I need a travel mug and the refill is just the bonus. If you have a car its easier to buy a few 12 packs of whatever you like and get ice from the machine. That way you don't have to travel to the food court for a drink. My kids really didn't drink soda and at the time that's all they had to drink at the refill stations. Drink water its better for you any way and soda is the worst thing you can drink when its hot! Just my 2 cents.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We typically leave our mugs in the room. Even if it's a haul to the food court, we don't like having to lug the mugs on the bus, into a park, into a locker, etc.... Once we're in the parks, it's usually been water bottles.

DisneyBunny

ZapperZ said:
Yeah, that's my question too. Why would you want to carry the mug with you to the parks?

Zz.

DH would fill his with coffee first thing in the morning, then return to the room to wait for me to finish getting ready :lookaroun

Then on our way out to the busses, he would stop and get a refil to drink while we waited for the bus to arrive. (Most of the time he was done before it pulled up) When we got to the parks, we'd rinse it out in a bathroom, and either store it in my backpack, or use it to split drinks more easily.
It's just a matter of personal preference. It's not really heavy, and it fit easily in my backpack.

Now this time, since we'll be renting a car, I'm not sure if we'll end up getting the mug or not. We're also staying in a Moderate this time, as opposed to a value, and I hear tell there are coffee pots in the rooms, so that might eliminate the need for his mug. Time will tell.

drp4video

we always rent a car, so if we are staying at a value, we bring them to breakfast, I have to have coffee in the morning, don't care about food....wash em out and leave them in the car. ON the return, we fill em up.

In a moderate, as there is coffee in the room, we ususally don't take them in the morning, unless we are eating breakfast, (but we are ususally too excited to eat and want to get to the park already)....but walk over to the food court at night to fill them up..

no2apprentice

We've done both. Sometimes someone will go back to the room with the cups, and sometimes we take them with us to the parks. It's no big thing if we take them with us, because most days I take a backpack with medicines/bandaids/blister kit/spare socks/film/batteries/etc. which goes into a locker at the park. So a few plastic mugs were not that much more. We would just rinse them before putting them in the backpack.

If we weren't taking the backpack, we would take them back to the room, no question.

Computer Magic

ZapperZ said:
Yeah, that's my question too. Why would you want to carry the mug with you to the parks?

Zz.
It's not a big deal if you have a back pack..You don't have to use a locker. Now if that is the only thing you are carrying then maybe

winnie1421

Disney cups

If you visit the parks frequently (like I do) it's great as both a souvenir and a money-saving drink cup. Put it first on your packing list each time! Have a great trip!

Lefty

If you are staying for more than 4 days, I would definitely suggest the mug. It's only 11.99, and it pays for itself after 5 meals (drinks are like 2.20 I think). Chances are you'll only go during breakfast, but if you leave a park early you might need a drink with your meal also.

Ya it's a pain to take back to your room after the meal and wash it out, but if you want to save yourself some spending cash (10-15 bucks), do it--especially if you are staying for a while.

BRER STITCH

Better still, I can see how it can be a great time saver if your room is far away from the food court! Bring it with you in the morning and you will have it to refill when you get home at night in stead of having to walk all the way to the room and back when you are already tired from walking all day!

Also, people seem to think the whole locker idea is so tough to grasp. It's really a great help and, in my opinion, should be figured into your vacation costs like a stroller rental or a souvenir. It sure beats backpacks and some of the other stuff people carry around with them all day in the blazing heat! For $5 a day you can have everything you'll ever need at your availability without having to carry it around all day with you!

For my money, that's $35 a week well spent while on vacation to never have to go back to the hotel for jackets, cameras, dry clothes, or snacks or carry them around with me all day!

:sohappy:

NoNoNoNoNo

drp4video said:
we always rent a car, so if we are staying at a value, we bring them to breakfast, I have to have coffee in the morning, don't care about food....wash em out and leave them in the car. ON the return, we fill em up...

ditto

NoNoNoNoNo

winnie1421 said:
If you visit the parks frequently (like I do) it's great as both a souvenir and a money-saving drink cup. Put it first on your packing list each time! Have a great trip!

let the fueds begin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom