Reel Vogue (Villains in Vogue Refurb)

YodaMan

Original Poster
Sorry if this has already been posted, but Villains in Vogue went down for refurb 2 days ago and according to signage the store is being reworked as Reel Vogue. Not much else to report, but thought I'd share just in case anyone knows the reasoning for the theme change.

YodaMan

Original Poster
The theme has been gone for years. NBC merch does not make it a villains store

While that may be true, it still had the Villains theme throughout windows and displays. Not sure if they want to keep Sunset themed specifically to Hollywood or if they want Villains elsewhere.

MarkTwain

While that may be true, it still had the Villains theme throughout windows and displays. Not sure if they want to keep Sunset themed specifically to Hollywood or if they want Villains elsewhere.

That's an interesting thought; the concept wasn't exactly the best fit for Sunset Boulevard. Could be a fun fit for Fantasyland or Disney Springs though.

Villains0501

This latest move is just beyond my comprehension. You'd think that after a string of successful Villain-themed parties, a blockbuster Maleficent movie that's looking to spawn a sequel, and with the upcoming Halloween season looming on the horizon, Disney would want to tap into this growing niche market. Alas, when I was at DHS about a month ago for SWW the whole store had been converted into a Star Wars store, with less than a third of the shop's shelf space reserved for villain items. When you have better luck finding a villain t-shirt at Animal Kingdom than you do at Villains in Vogue you know something has gone horribly wrong with Disney merchandising.

mm52200

Actually though, it's even more odd as it seems there's been a slow shift back to park and store specific merchandise, what with the offerings in Zuri's Sweet Shop, the Haunted Mansion store, the Marketplace Co Op. Would have seemed like the perfect time to roll out a whole line of Villain specific merchandise. I thought the store should have also been a place for Fantasmic merchandise too, I would love to have some Fantasmic merchandise but sadly nothing really exists outside of a trading pin.

halltd

Was at the park yesterday, so I snapped this shot of the store.

IMG_20150626_140712097_HDR.jpg

Jon81uk

That's an interesting thought; the concept wasn't exactly the best fit for Sunset Boulevard. Could be a fun fit for Fantasyland or Disney Springs though.

There used to be a shop on Pleasure Island that mainly sold Villians inspired merchandise I think. Before they closed down PI of course.

FrankLapidus

Disappointing. The Disney Villains are amongst my favourite characters so I used to love this shop when it had a fairly large selection of Villain-themed merchandise. I still enjoyed going in there because of the theme; I liked the trivia screen that has since been covered up and the soundtrack of Villain songs that were played in there.

I do think Disney underestimate the popularity of the Villains, hopefully they are given space somewhere else on property.

SpectroPhoenix

Who knows what Disney is ever thinking, but hopefully the new Disney Channel movie Descendants is their way of testing how interested the younger demographic is in the villains. They already know by events like the Villains Bash that they have a strong following with the adults.

JIMINYCR

The villain plays such a huge part in the story line of every film they make, but the heroes get all the attention. What good would a plot be without the struggle of good vs evil and the triumph of good at the end?? The villains have always deserved more attention in the parks and in the merchandising area. I'm hoping they wise up and give something grander for the villains that we all love to hate.
disney-graphics-snow-white-515063.gif

YodaMan

Original Poster
For what it's worth, the store reopened yesterday and basically nothing is different. The giant Darth Goofy and the Star Wars merch is still in the center, with a ton of NBX merch scattered elsewhere. And it looks like the window-fronts were untouched. Just some paint touch-ups, a few things moved around, and a name change.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The villains deserve a real dedicated store. While we are on the subject of that what is with the aversion by the company to any of the new villains beyond facilier? You just can't find anything that includes gothel, turbo, or hans and now we have yokai and nothing can be found there either.

Remember everything has to be appropriate for toddlers at WDW these days. Villians might scare the speshul snowflakes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom