Reduction of Park hours this summer - :(

NickMaio

Original Poster
If you are as displeased with the ongoing reduction in Park hours, as we are -
PLEASE contact Disney and let them know how you feel. This is the first summer in 12 years that we have not gone to Disney during the summer. The reduction in night time hours was one of the factors.
We voiced our concerns here - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/help/email/

I remember being at the MK until 12-1am and these were not magic hours - 5 or so years ago we were at MK until 3 am <Magic Hours though> -

Let Disney know how displeased you are - It is not just about reduction in "so-called" wait times - but more about the experience in the parks during the night hours. Taking in all the lights and sounds - enjoying the cooler breeze - the atmosphere at night is totally different compared to the day.
We can get the extended park hours back - we just need to let Disney know how much they mean to us.

Cheers - enjoy the rest of your summers.
Nick

Rumrunner

PLEASE contact Disney and let them know how you feel. This is the first summer in 12 years that we have not gone to Disney during the summer. The reduction in night time hours was one of the factors.
We voiced our concerns here - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/help/email/

I remember being at the MK until 12-1am and these were not magic hours - 5 or so years ago we were at MK until 3 am <Magic Hours though> -

Let Disney know how displeased you are - It is not just about reduction in "so-called" wait times - but more about the experience in the parks during the night hours. Taking in all the lights and sounds - enjoying the cooler breeze - the atmosphere at night is totally different compared to the day.
We can get the extended park hours back - we just need to let Disney know how much they mean to us.

Nick
I used the info you provided and contacted Disney about the early closing hours. It is disturbing to say the least. I love Disney but cancelling the night parade bothered us since our young grand kids loved it and now the reduction of hours is making us rethink our trip next June. I am beginning to wonder if Disney really cares about the patrons.

Rumrunner

It is what it is. Some might say that Disney should be open 24 hours like they were one day a year or so ago. Things change.

It is what it is. Some might say that Disney should be open 24 hours like they were one day a year or so ago. Things change.
So because things change we have to just accept these cheap moves on the part of Disney. No one is asking Disney to be open 24 hours but it is ridiculous to close at 10 in the summer. It is cheap and denigrating to the patrons that spend their hard earned money to come to Disney and be treated with what I would term rude and inconsiderate indifference.

Rumrunner

Nick
Just contacted them with a complaint. Thanks for the info.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
So because things change we have to just accept these cheap moves on the part of Disney. No one is asking Disney to be open 24 hours but it is ridiculous to close at 10 in the summer. It is cheap and denigrating to the patrons that spend their hard earned money to come to Disney and be treated with what I would term rude and inconsiderate indifference.
No you dont have to accept them, but complaining about them in a message board isnt going to change things.

Rumrunner

No you dont have to accept them, but complaining about them in a message board isnt going to change things.
My apologies for commenting on a forum to discuss all things Disney and being told by you that it is not acceptable. Disney actions in closing the parks far to early is not a sound business decision and what better place for them to hear about it than a forum such as this.

JusticeDisney

I too wish that the longer summer hours were still in place, and I have no idea why they aren't at this time. But I think you're being a little melodramatic to claim that Disney is being rude and inconsiderate to its guest by deciding to close the parks when they currently do.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
My apologies for commenting on a forum to discuss all things Disney and being told by you that it is not acceptable. Disney actions in closing the parks far to early is not a sound business decision and what better place for them to hear about it than a forum such as this.
Where did I tell you that it wasn't acceptable?

bh_trade

I highly doubt the longer summer hours will ever come back other than for grand openings of new lands such as Star Wars.

My family also enjoyed the emptier parks during the summer late nights in 2011 and 2013, we were disappointed with this summer's closing times. But, at the end of the day, its all about the $$, hourly employees and electricity cost money. If Disney can't recoup those incremental costs via additional food or souvenir revenue, they won't stay open longer.

Sadly, I fully expect them to keep ratcheting the park hours down even as ticket prices continue to rise. They will do this up until the point total gross margin begins to flat line then they (might) back off. Econ 101

IMFearless

I think it possibly has turned a corner, where price rises and cuts are reducing attendance. Attendance feels like it has softened in the last year compared to what it was like a year or two ago. The question is with MM+ and the ability to reduce opex, is the lower attendance hurting the bottom line. My guess is, not quite yet.

The issue is: once people fallout of love with your product, it's very difficult to get them to re-engage with it. Ask John Chen!

Surfin' Tuna

I was lamenting at the park on Sunday about the loss of the 24 hour openings from last year, when I was reminded that was two years ago. I got through a year without it, and I'm now getting used to the earlier closings and learning to still enjoy Disney. It was nice going later at night, and I wish I still could. I have a feeling we (the guests) were not the only ones who noticed the shorter lines. Disney did what they should do as a business no matter how much it bums me out. We can complain and threaten to take our business elsewhere. There is a company right down the street with inferior parks and shorter operating hours...not sure that will scare Disney into staying open later.

Rumrunner

I was lamenting at the park on Sunday about the loss of the 24 hour openings from last year, when I was reminded that was two years ago. I got through a year without it, and I'm now getting used to the earlier closings and learning to still enjoy Disney. It was nice going later at night, and I wish I still could. I have a feeling we (the guests) were not the only ones who noticed the shorter lines. Disney did what they should do as a business no matter how much it bums me out. We can complain and threaten to take our business elsewhere. There is a company right down the street with inferior parks and shorter operating hours...not sure that will scare Disney into staying open later.
Disney has very little competition and for that reason can pretty much do as they please to the patrons. If that has become their new corporate attitude they should at least stop advertising it as the most special place on earth. Closing at 10 at MK is not special for the prices they charge. We get to go once a year or once every two years and heading back to the resort at 10:00 is a real bummer.

rob0519

I used the info you provided and contacted Disney about the early closing hours. It is disturbing to say the least. I love Disney but cancelling the night parade bothered us since our young grand kids loved it and now the reduction of hours is making us rethink our trip next June. I am beginning to wonder if Disney really cares about the patrons.

The only thing Disney cares about is the patron's money and how fast and how much of it they can take. They are a publicly traded, for profit company in the entertainment business. If it saves them money to close the park earlier than in years past, oh well. Too bad families. We're still charging you the same amount for your ticket as when we stayed open 3 hours longer. Don't like it. Don't come. There are plenty of first timers to take your place that don't know any better.

Surfin' Tuna

Don't like it. Don't come. There are plenty of first timers to take your place that don't know any better.

Completely true. Even those of us who hate the newer, reduced hours are only going to sit here and complain, but we will not likely cancel our trips. As you said, those planning their first trips will just accept the hours, although I do hope they don't cut them anymore. If they closed much earlier than they are now, I would cut back on visits.

rob0519

Completely true. Even those of us who hate the newer, reduced hours are only going to sit here and complain, but we will not likely cancel our trips. As you said, those planning their first trips will just accept the hours, although I do hope they don't cut them anymore. If they closed much earlier than they are now, I would cut back on visits.

Well, I hate the shorter hours and no, I would not cancel our trip had we planned one this year. We've been cutting back our visits. Over the last ten years we've gone down from twice a year to once a year to once every 2 or 3 years. We still love most of what's in the parks and resorts, but it's just not worth the increased cost to us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom