Red eye?

Nelly2016

Original Poster
Hi! Just a quick question about flying into Orlando from Seattle. It's a long flight and usually takes about a day. My question is, should we take a red eye and get in early morning, take a nap and hit the parks? OR should we pay for two extra nights and instead spend our arrival day in Downtown Disney with a leisurely dinner or something?

Thanks in advance!

dreamfinder

Totally depends on your preference, and what you think your ability to sleep on the plane will be. There is no guarantee that you would be able to get into your room prior to 3PM, so your nap may not happen for several hours. I haven't taken red eyes to WDW before, but I have for work trips. I've gone straight to work some days when I've known I could sleep on the flight, and other day's I've wondered around waiting to get into a hotel at 3PM to sleep. They each have their trade offs. I find that sleep on a red eye isn't usually very fulfilling, especially if you are in coach. But wandering around for hours with no sleep is usually wasted time as you are pretty much in a daze.

slappy magoo

So many of your posts have been about getting the cost of the trip down to as cheap a price as possible (eat large, sleep cheap? Was that the phrase?). Are you and all the friends you're planning on going with able to swing the extra 2 nights lodging?

Also double check how that might affect the cost of your flight. It might wind up saving money depending on what your current flight dates are, but it could also cost more, too. We're contemplating driving versus flying - if we flew, it would be about the same to arrive a night sooner, depart a day later and pay out of pocket for the 2 extra nights' lodging. The only additional cost would be the extra meals en route.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom