Recommended Restaurants Outside Disney

steviej

I'm not sure which end of the US192 you are, but near Marker 4/5 is TGIs, Angels Buffet, Perkins, Cracker Barrel, Golden Corral, House of Pancakes, Ponderosa etc there are lots of others but I cant remember their names...sorry. They're all quite reasonable - enjoy x

Didn't ponderosa close?

I recommend steak n shake, golden corral, hrc at universal, orlando ale house right next to Ihop near dtd is very good as well

steviej

Miller's Ale House can do no wrong. :D

It really can't, I was always there after work meeting roommates/co-workers.

My 3 top most visited restaurants when I lived in FL:
1. Steak n shake
2. Hooters (I swear to god, I went there for the food)
3. Ale house

Hrudey3032

Zingers, chicken nachos (layered!), prime rib sandwich, sliders, Captain Jack's Buried Treasure, the drinks… Miller's Ale House can do no wrong. :D

If you want to go to one where it is not as packed there is another one on 192 right near SR 27. A little out of the way but very nice.

71jason

Not totally off topic - just not what I've seen posted so far....

With the ongoing decay of WDW owned Signature Restaurants... anyone have good suggestions for Fine Dining, cab distance from WDW? Would love to know what's out there :).

Johnny's Hideaway, in Crossroads. Anything at the Waldorf in Bonnet Creek (never been but I hear raves about the Bull and Bear). Both those are practically on property.

Pretty much anyplace in the Swan and Dolphin. Those are independent of WDW.

A bit farther, but more places than can be listed on Sand Lake Road.

Hrudey3032

I love Fudrucckers. It is over at the Crossroads loacation. It was a staple of my childhood here in Indiana then they closed about 25 years ago. We just happened to see this as we were going to Uno's one night and we now try and stop there once a trip.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Not totally off topic - just not what I've seen posted so far....

With the ongoing decay of WDW owned Signature Restaurants... anyone have good suggestions for Fine Dining, cab distance from WDW? Would love to know what's out there :).
Bull and Bear at the Waldorf Astoria
Norman's at the Ritz Carlton

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
THANK YOU! We looked up the Bull and Bear Menu - add about $30 for cab fair, and this is a VERY good competitor to anything on-site. We're going to drop one of the failing WDW SIGS, and go with this for our (booked) April 2015 trip.
You won't be disappointed, it's exceptional. In my top 3 dinners of all time.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
THANK YOU! We looked up the Bull and Bear Menu - add about $30 for cab fair, and this is a VERY good competitor to anything on-site. We're going to drop one of the failing WDW SIGS, and go with this for our (booked) April 2015 trip.
Really good choice! None of the Disney restaurants can hold a candle to the Bull and Bear. It's fantastic!

Yes616

Hello all. This is my first post here. I live not too far from Disney World and I am going to try some of the places that have gotten good reviews here. There is one that has not been mentioned that I very much like. Located about one mile west of World Dr on US192 west, The Wildside Bar & Grille is excellent.
http://www.wildsidebbq.com/menu/kissimmee/

Tom Morrow

Ignoring well known chains...

4Rivers Smokehouse is definitely the best barbeque place I've ever been to.
NYPD Pizza on Universal Boulevard has excellent pizza.
Flippers Pizzeria is an Orlando chain and is also very good pizza.
Burger21 near the Mall At Millennia
Firehouse Subs is a great sandwich place. They are a chain but only in a few states.
Chuy's (on 192 by DAK and on i-Drive) is a great tex-mex place with a fun atmosphere and not too expensive.
World of Beer... for beer.
Sea Dog Brewing Company ... for beer.
Wawa gas stations for a quick, good sandwich and sides

And of course, Orlando has almost every famous national chain as well.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom