Recommendations

disneymomof3

Original Poster
Can anyone recommend a nice rest. in MK for dinner...i already booked a char. meal for breakfast and i think we may do CS for lunch, i was thinking of booking another char. meal for dinner, any recommendations??
if not then just a nice sit down place....

I have three small kids, so i don't see us doing too many ADr's for dinner...
ages, 4, 2.5 and 1....

Thanks!!:wave:

Epcot82Guy

Both Tony's and Crystal Palace are nice options. I would shy away from Liberty Tree Tavern with small kids. If you have Pooh fans, you might also try hopping the monorail to GF and try 1900 Park Fare. A nice AYCE place.

Magicmyway

I would have to disagree with staying away from Liberty Tree. It is a classic family style meal and the place is a fun filled atmosphere. There's pluto, goofy, chip and dale, and minnie mouse. The servers are excellent. I would definitely reccommend this. My family and I always go there. Also, Cinderella's Royal Table is nice. The soup there is to die for!

radiohost

Magicmyway said:
I would have to disagree with staying away from Liberty Tree. It is a classic family style meal and the place is a fun filled atmosphere. There's pluto, goofy, chip and dale, and minnie mouse. The servers are excellent. I would definitely reccommend this. My family and I always go there. Also, Cinderella's Royal Table is nice. The soup there is to die for!

Where is Liberty tree tavern???? Whats the theme and meunu like????:cool:

Magicmyway

Liberty Tree is in Liberty Square at the Magic Kingdom right in front of the Riverboat before you get near Frontier Land. (Been there a few times. LoL) It is character dining colonial style. When they call your name to eat they say last name and your state. (Quite fun) The seating is at big tables and you get served family sized portions of ham or turkey believe it was turkey, green beans, salad (marvelous salad-the dressing is to die for), mac and cheese (my fav), and usually a cobbler for dessert. It is all you can eat. Oh and there are yummy homemade rolls! The servers call you master. At least ours did and Goofy, Minnie, Chip and Dale, and Pluto make their rounds. Sometimes Chip and Dale even grab a seat. The atmosphere is like an old colonial house. The staircase to the bathroom is really small and so are the bathrooms but it is awesome and a lot of fun!

tigsmom

We love the Character Dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK, lunch there is also very good. Have never been to the Crystal Palace, but I understand is very good as well.

Nicole

We love both Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree. However I don't think I'd do a character meal for breakfast AND one for dinner on the same day. That will eat up a LOT of your touring time. Just my opinion.

coltow

Nicole said:
We love both Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree. However I don't think I'd do a character meal for breakfast AND one for dinner on the same day. That will eat up a LOT of your touring time. Just my opinion.

I agree 100%. Any sit down meal takes up time and when you add characters that time can double. Then, if you do 2 character meals in one day that will certainly take up a few hours of your day.

I'm sure everyone has there preferenes. But the way we usually do it is that if we go to a breakfast (especially a buffet) we normally are able to skip lunch and grab an afternoon snack then we will go to a non-character restaurant for dinner. Our son though is not into alot of breakfast foods so on our last trip we'd eat breakfast quick at the hotel and then grab a quick lunch and try to then hit a great place for dinner, take our time and relax and more importantly enjoy the food &/or characters.

tigsmom

Maybe its just me, but I didn't get the feeling that the OP wanted to do all the character meals in one day.

jesserin

disneymomof3 said:
Can anyone recommend a nice rest. in MK for dinner...i already booked a char. meal for breakfast and i think we may do CS for lunch, i was thinking of booking another char. meal for dinner, any recommendations??
if not then just a nice sit down place....

I have three small kids, so i don't see us doing too many ADr's for dinner...
ages, 4, 2.5 and 1....

Thanks!!:wave:

Though the character meals take up lots of time... think of the time you'll save by not waiting in line to greet the characters... ;) I love Liberty Tree Tavern - and depending on which characters you'll be seeing for breakfast - maybe mix it up a bit so you'll have lot's of photo op's with different characters! Sounds like a fun day though! (with tons and tons of food!)

Keep in mind, if your little one's don't have huge appatites - you'll find that most the character meals are extrememly filling - if we do a character breakfast -we usually skip lunch and just eat lite for dinner...

just a thought!

Kwit35

We LOVE Liberty Tree. We eat there every trip. We do lunch because we don't really get toooo excited about the character dinning. The food is the BEST, home style, stick to your ribs, type of fare. However, if this is for dinner, and you don't want to deal with character dinning, the Columbia House is pretty good. It is right around the corner from Liberty Tree. It is a counter service but the food is pretty good. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=55768
Usually pretty quiet.

Kwit35

One more thing about Liberty Tree. They serve the drinks in these great glass mug/steins. You have the option to buy them. We have a nice little collection at home. They are really nice and have a cute logo on them.

righttrack

IMO, the Liberty Tree's character experience is more natural, and less systemic than Crystal Palace. I think it may be due to the size of the room for Crystal Palace, combined with the buffet. If you miss a character coming by, because you're up at the buffet, you've got to wait approx 45 mins for the same character to come around again. In Liberty Tree, its much faster, and the food comes to your table.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom