Reception help!

Chloegirl

Original Poster
Hello all,
I am new to this forum. I have booked our Wishes Wedding for November 2015. My fiancé and I decided to only do our favorite parts of the reception which is cocktails and hor d'oervres and a dessert buffet. Any of you who have been to a Disney Wedding love or hate any of the food? Thus far, we tentatively decided on 2 displays of fruit and antipasto, a few hot and cold appetizers, 2 carving stations and a dim sum station. Our planner has been good, but doesn't seem to offer much help when it comes to this style of reception. Any advice you could offer would be wonderful and very much appreciated!!

Thank you!!

Chloegirl

Original Poster
Really? I'm just worried since we're not doing a "traditional" sit down or buffet style and more of an elaborate cocktail party that there won't be enough food.

Sweet Melissa

I don't think that will be a problem. Is the dim sum an action station? They'll probably keep putting food out for as long as people are eating. A lot of brides that do a traditional meal for their reception end up moving some of the food to the cocktail hour just because there's too much food. I doubt you'll have too little. I think your menu sounds great.

Chloegirl

Original Poster
Thank you Melissa!! I have another phone meeting with them next week! I really don't want people flying down spending all this money and leave hungry!! haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom