Recent reviews from Boma, Mama Melrose and Chefs De France please

SuperMum

Original Poster
Can you please share your experience with the above. I am bit concerned over very poor reviews of Mama Melrose and I am considering cancelling and dinning elsewhere

(either Boma or Chefs).

We will be travelling with my 7 year old son so child friendliness and appeal is is important for us too. Mind you he isn't chips and burgers type of guy at all.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Boma is amazing. Best buffet at WDW IMHO. Lots and lots of choices so finding something for a 7 year old should be easy.

Chefs de France meal selection is great for dinner but only so-so for lunch. Might be more difficult to find something that a 7 year old will enjoy.

tor29c

I totally agree with Bob regarding Boma. Fantastic! I had a bit of an adult lunch at Chefs de France so can't really speak to how appropriate it is for a 7 year old but I bet the parents would enjoy it! I know I did!

DisneyDebNJ

We love Boma for breakfast and its a must do! Chefs de France is on our list this year and actually looking forward to it. I have no been to Mama Melrose in years, but I know ALOT of people who really enjoy their food.

rt06

Mama is officially our go to spot for Italian on property. I think the pizzas (flatbreads) and calamari are better than Via Napoli. I'm not the only one in the family to share that sentiment.

Kevin_W

I like all 3 - Mama Melrose against the prevailing sentiment. The strip steak there was actually the best I've had on property, and the flatbreads are pretty good for on ly a little more than you would pay at Pizza Planet for junk.

It's hard to compare to Boma - Boma is so much harder to get to, but it's also very worth the trip.

bee

GF and I did Chefs de France for my last birthday (December 2013) and loved it. I had the vegetarian lasagna and she had the gratin de macaroni. We both enjoyed our entrees and the service was friendly and very quick. Though it's not the MOST kid-friendly restaurant on property there were plenty of children there when we went and your son being there will be fine. We will definitely be back!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We do Boma (breakfast) every trip and love it, Mama Melrose is another we now go every trip. Mama's and Via Napoli are our fave Italian restaurants on property.
We have not been to Chef de France but are going this Fall for dinner. We actually have reservations for all 3 for this trip.
We do not have kiddos but you can always look at the menus for all of them to see what your kids may like at each. :)

lighteningqueen

Def NOT Boma it is not kid enough the food is weird and odd We tried 3 times and I just hate wasting money like that. They never fill the salads food was always cold on the plate. Just pour opinion out of 16 people who we know ate there and will never go back. Kids didnt eat a bite of it out over 300.00 for 6 of us. I say Mamas, Via, Def Tusker,Sci fi for kids and adults

seafoodbuffet

As a counterpoint to the above, our kids absolutely loved Boma and it was by far their favorite meal of the our trip (they ate more at Boma than practically anywhere else). My kids are pizza and mac n' cheese kind of kids, but here's the things from Boma that they really liked:

* Pasta with red sauce
* Chicken legs (and the Durban chicken)
* Some cornbread thing
* Fruit Salad
* Dessert (Zebra Domes especially)
* Frunch! (it's a drink)

I know that's not particularly ethnic, but as long as they eat (and it's not pure junk food), I'm totally happy. Also, if this allows YOU to eat Boma, as an adult, I have to say that year after year, the dinner buffet is almost always our favorite meal. The soups alone would satisfy me. Coupled with the incredible atmosphere/ambiance of Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boma is a must-eat sort of place and has been for the past five years for us.

Baldy

We (two adults and a teen) were at Mama Melrose the second week of Aug. We had been twice before (one good experience and one bad). We will not be returning again. The steak had so much fat that my son was only able to find 3-4 edible bites. The calamari was greasy and overcooked. The meals were bland. Our server was non-existent and when we did flag her down, she forgot some of our food (on two occasions) and did not refill our glasses. Maybe just a bad day, but after a long wait to get seated and for our food to arrive, we had had enough. On a positive note, the Caprese salad was excellent.

quirkle

I loved Chefs - I had the filet with green beans and potato gratin -it was wonderful. The french onion soup was out of the world. service was a little slow for our family but it was really one of our best meals. For Italian we like tutu italia better since it is more like the italian we get at home.

yaksplat

We just got back and we west to Boma last week for dinner. I have three boys, 8, 6 and 3. It was by far the least liked restaurant that we went to. The boys were not interested in the food, they ate macaroni and cheese which was very good, but spending $20 for a bowl of macaroni is a bit excessive. My wife, parents and I were not really thrilled with the food. I'll eat anything, but i just wasn't impressed with the offering. It was all 'ok', but i didn't get the wow factor that so many people stated about Boma. The desserts there were amazing though.

We all loved Trail's End in Fort Wilderness though. Food was excellent, kids loved it and the desserts were great. The meal cost us about half of what Boma did.

CheshireCat12

We loved Boma! It is now our favorite buffet on property. I think if your kids are open to trying new foods it will be great, but if they like only the kid food like mac and cheese then it might be a waste of money for them. @yaksplat, the wow factor I think is the less common flavors and spices that you find there- curry, tamarind, etc. and spices used in unexpected ways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom