REALLY USO? REALLY?!?!?

champdisney

I think he's only been replaced in IOA, but I could be wrong. His presence was never really needed in that park anyway. Universal wanted to make him the mascot for the entire resort, but he's no Mickey Mouse.
Woody Woodpecker was the mascot for Universal. From what it looks like, the Minions have since filled the position.

If true, I'm kind of bummed that Universal would retire Woody from meeting guests. I can assume that the Woody Woodpecker film that Illumination Entertainment was previously announced to make a few years back has been long canceled. As for Po appearing at Islands, I like it. No complaints from me.

Bacon

Original Poster
Woody Woodpecker was the mascot for Universal. From what it looks like, the Minions have since filled the position.

If true, I'm kind of bummed that Universal would retire Woody from meeting guests. I can assume that the Woody Woodpecker film that Illumination Entertainment was previously announced to make a few years back has been long canceled. As for Po appearing at Islands, I like it. No complaints from me.
Ya it's not that I dislike Po I think he's nice but I feel like they cut woody for Po

brb1006

Well there is the Live-Action Woody Woodpecker film.

brb1006

Wait, someone is getting this upset over.....Woody Woodpecker?
Then again Woody Woodpecker used to be an icon during the Golden Age Of Animation along with Mickey,Popeye, and Bugs Bunny and remained well-known to the public for decades. But he started losing popularity in the mid 1990's not helped by The New Woody Woodpecker show which was an attempt to bring back interest to Woody Woodypecker and co and even reintroduced his girlfriend Winnie Woodpecker but was short-lived.

After that show ended, Woody quickly fell into obscurity and is mostly known to the modern public as the mascot for Universal. He remains popular in Brazil to the point that he got his own Live-Action upcoming film that is currently only available in Brazil. Meanwhile the upcoming animated film starring Woody by Ilumination is currently in development hell.

Oriolesmagic

To tell you the truth, I don't think anyone's going to get too excited about Universal meet and greets until they start meets with Harry and co. in Diagon Alley or with the Nintendo characters (A lot of potential with the latter).

brb1006

To tell you the truth, I don't think anyone's going to get too excited about Universal meet and greets until they start meets with Harry and co. in Diagon Alley or with the Nintendo characters (A lot of potential with the latter).
I'm going with Nintendo. I sure would love to meet the Animal Crossing characters.

lebeau

I don't have a dog in this fight, but the wait to see Po was one of the longer meet and greet lines I saw this past week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom